Discuss Median XL!
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Xileize wrote:I feel like Judgement Day is a hell of a lot less fun than it used to be in the Cloister?

On the bright side it's good that players end up farming everywhere (failed attempts are actually khalimgrad runs for perfect charm or jday trophy). Creates variety in mid game. Imo the tedious part is actually traveling through act 4 to izual.

Also aren't erydem the worst medium to use for jday due to avoid? I think I once read they have some.
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Please make ATMG sentry decent again, 1.6 seconds base is way too short, it was 14 seconds plus in laz days. With crushing blow already nerfed it's really unnecessary.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Never played MXL as much as these past weeks in years, and I really enjoyed doing so, overall the work that has been put into the mod since 2017 is nothing less than fenomenal, it was refreshing. Great work guys.
In my opinion there are just few things that I think hinder the overall experience, especially for new players and for the majority of people that can't afford to play too many hours in a day.
I won't go into class-specific issues (Necro summoner I wanna love you but I can only hate you right now) and I'll keep it as concise and general as possible:

> Belladonna elixirs: too late, too rarely. Removing the recipe was a good thing for various reasons, but inserting a RNG dependency in the process was a bad move. In my opinion, in a mod like Median, respeccing is an essential tool... for newcomers in particular.
I strongly recommend that this item gets the "Mark of Infusion" treatment, removing it from the random pool and making it as a fixed drop for some mini-boss is a decision for the best. From a gameplay standpoint I'd suggest to give it to the mini-boss at the entrance of Kurast or the one in the Ruined Temple (in all difficulties).

> Experience gains: to put it simply levelling from 1 to 120 is way too easy and from 120 to 125 is too insane and not enjoyable. This creates problems with both overlevelling (despite the dropping scroll reminders) and the frustrating grinding to be able to reach the full potential of the character you've invested time in.
For the former, a 30%-40% increase of the overall experience needed to go from 1 to 120 would mitigate the problem, maybe in conjunction with a reduced experience gain from ActV Hatred and the first 3 act of Terror. For the latter the introduction of better signets and drop bias is part of a step in the good direction, the other part of it (removing the obvious suggestions) would be the introduction of a shrine with a "+% experience gained" affix that can be eventually paried with "+% gold from monsters" and such bonuses.

> Ubers progression: I'll keep it short because this is known and has already been reported multiple times. Locking easier ubers behind difficulty walls simply doesn't and won't work in the long run. I'm sure this has happened mostly because of limitations during the development period and hopefully will be addressed in the future.

> "-% to enemy res": immunities are the mobs' favorite things and the additional changes in Median have made playing as an elemental build some sort of hidden "harder mode". This isn't a big issues more than it is a nuisance in some occasion and places, so it doesn't need big fixes or complicated ones, I think that increasing the minimum values of "-% to enemy res" in shrines from -1% to -2% for OHW/armor pieces and from -1% to -3% in THW/Body Armor would suffice.

> Enemies' partial lack of identity: Median has done an outstanding job in making you feel like you're put up against the whole demographic of the demon realm and it's really great, but in all of this, sometimes, you can't help but feel the differences linger only in appearance. Most of the time mobs just rush at you at sonic speed and hit you. I know D2 has big limits on what an A.I. can do (f.e. Baal need to teleport to make it works) and workarounds had to be used to make it look like a step above the low average degree of complexity you'd predict (and probably the pathfinding functions are even worst) but I'd like to ask if it possible/reasonable to expect a better use of the spatial dimension in future patches (in Sigma at least).

Once again thank you for the amazing job.
Mortenkein
Prowler
15 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
When dual wielding claws, the assassin can’t open closed doors. That’s realistic, though.

EDIT : It’s impossible to enter the Tal Rasha’s Chamber with a claw in each hand.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Get this error every time I use Dark Portal after "killing" the Lost Traveler, but only if I enter the Ruins of Ureh with the rune effect from killing Kentril Dumon still active. If I wait for the effect to disappear, then enter the Ruins, there's no error. Hasn't happened anywhere else so far. Tested on multiple characters. SP+D2SE+PlugY. No other 3rd party tools.

HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I‘d love to see the clans becoming stronger overall. The only ones That really hurt are ice clans and those clans on the way to arreat summit. But for the rest- there really isn‘t a reason to focus the main clan who stays behind.
Arc_Razer
Grubber
303 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
moon clan also hurt ^^
Ayrill
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hello Median XL Team,

since a few days i'm not able to play the game..
i log in, join a gain and after a few seconds (random 5-10 Seconds) the screen is getting black and i get this error..
i tried a few things..reinstalled Diablo 2 with 1.12, 1.13 AND 1.14 Version but it was always the same problem.
It seems to be a problem with glider.. (maybe a new version?)
After some testing i can say that there is no error if i use DirectDraw(2D) but it realy hurt my eyes at my 21:9 Monitor :D

Any solutions how to fix that? Could not even find the errorcode with google :D
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Drains x% Life per Second is not working properly. With 4% drain I'm losing 1.4% health per second at ~full hp.

Aero wrote:just to make sure, you have no other sources of regen that would diminish it?

I regen 26 hp /s so it's almost insignificant. I'm getting slight variance in life loss per /s ranging from 1.5-1.9% /s with regen taken into account.

Point is, it's definitely not the listed 4%.
Edited by cowking 5 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cowking wrote:Drains x% Life per Second is not working properly. With 4% drain I'm losing 1.4% health per second at ~full hp.

just to make sure, you have no other sources of regen that would diminish it?