Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
romanN1 wrote:if oils and mo's where to be removed I think the game would be better if they just remove those, reintroduce mo drops, add back pierce mo's to drops with like -2 pierce to certain resist, replace shrines with some recipe that is gold expensive in which you need to combine an item with the recipe and some other crafting materials, reduce gold drops so you actually make gold worth farming too, introduce item enhancers of various types that add stats, res, hp/mana, dr%, flat dr to your items etc. This would make the game more dynamic, less biased, and actually help ladders last longer. Also the crafting materials should only drop on certain bosses depending on type, so it is actually worth the farm an uber boss.

Love this idea. One addendum: Remove restriction on enhanced damage/defense..

I’m not sure why there’s a cap on ED to begin with when runewords like Shark already exist. By removing ED limitations on crafted gear, crafting would become much more exciting and weapon rolling would be much more diversified.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the MO/Oils thing, but are you guys suggesting MOs+Oils be removed from vendors and made as drops instead? If so, I'm not sure I see how that would make things better.

Considering there are 50 regular MOs, it would be incredibly tedious when all you're looking for is 1 type of MO, and you need a lot of them (e.g. 30x DEX MOs).

Same with Oils, especially when it comes to prepping base items for RWs. That process is painfully tedious as it is. How many Oils of Renewal+Luck does a player go through for just 1 item? Making these drops instead of something you can buy would make the process even worse.

And unless these things drop like candy out of Willy Wonka's ass (which would create even more screen clutter), hoarding all the MOs and Oils you'd need for later would eat up a lot of inventory space.

The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing as a drop instead of a purchasable is Oils of Luck, but only if the lucky bonus is increased. Make the ED bonus 100%, and the AR/DR bonus 50%. As a trade-off, give them the same drop chance as Belladonnas.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I hadn’t considered how tedious the generic MO drop would be. Min maxing breakpoints would be a nightmare. I retract that one part of my comment. Perhaps we could reinstate -Enemy resist MO’s as a semi-rare drop, similar to Belladonna’s elixir.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
+1 to blink with Pax Mystica instead of 20 charge blink. I don't want to run back to town just to repair the charge.
Gzeno
Sasquatch
68 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
How about making mystic orbs(non-uniques) non-consumables? Meaning that they don't disappear when cubed with an item.

I would even suggest for them to have 5 charges, then they get consumed. Uniques would have only 1 charge, they would work exactly like shrines.
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Solfege wrote:Maybe I'm misunderstanding the MO/Oils thing, but are you guys suggesting MOs+Oils be removed from vendors and made as drops instead? If so, I'm not sure I see how that would make things better.

Considering there are 50 regular MOs, it would be incredibly tedious when all you're looking for is 1 type of MO, and you need a lot of them (e.g. 30x DEX MOs).

Same with Oils, especially when it comes to prepping base items for RWs. That process is painfully tedious as it is. How many Oils of Renewal+Luck does a player go through for just 1 item? Making these drops instead of something you can buy would make the process even worse.

And unless these things drop like candy out of Willy Wonka's ass (which would create even more screen clutter), hoarding all the MOs and Oils you'd need for later would eat up a lot of inventory space.

The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing as a drop instead of a purchasable is Oils of Luck, but only if the lucky bonus is increased. Make the ED bonus 100%, and the AR/DR bonus 50%. As a trade-off, give them the same drop chance as Belladonnas.

my point is to make the ladder last longer, not make farming or crafting harder. do you know how much you need to grind for crafting materials on other rpgs before you could craft an item? median is ez crafting wise and crafts are very strong, that's why I think it should be put more effort in for it.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I actually don't know what crafting is like in other rpgs. It's been years since I bought a new game.

I get wanting to make ladders last longer. It's sad to see things so dead after only a month or so. Making resources more scarce might be an easy way to increase play time. I'm just not sure it's the best way.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
After watching players try to cuck the community with 5tg/shrine prices during the first 2-3 weeks of this ladder, its pretty obvious how drop-only orbs would go. Most players would feel forced to keep nearly every orb to increase the likelihood that they have the right ones to swap for the ones they need. This idea would probably elongate a populated ladder but where does that extra time go?

Picking up orbs.
Dropping orbs in stash.
Picking them back up and dropping on the ground for a mule
Picking them up with a mule.
Eventually storing them in the mule stash when the main inventory is full.
Keeping them organized at least by color to avoid losing sanity when trading and making trade lists easier to keep organized/up-to-date.
Adding orbs to a trade list and keeping quantities updated periodically.
Searching the trade section for someone selling an orb(s) that are currently needed or for someone looking to trade for orbs currently held.
Sending them a pm on forum/discord/realm and waiting for a response.
Actually buying/selling an orb(s).
Updating the trade list when selling an orb or removing one from needs section of the list if applicable.

Holy micro-management. All this extra time doing something boring just to make the ladder last longer. I appreciate the thought of wanting to increase ladder longevity but this orb idea isn't the way to do it. Not to discourage anyone with an idea, ofc. I think sigma will bring lots of refreshing game play and Whist has already posted some promising ideas/improvements that should help realm activity.

Orbs shouldn't be vendor-only though. It would be nice if they dropped too.

My suggestion to the meme thread is to bring back the magic > rare equipment upgrade recipe. Its kinda stupid not having it. If devs think its abusable, don't allow jewelry and require a reagent that drops from a specific enemy in the game. Maybe Izual on destruction and 25% drop chance. Some sacred bases are rare enough on their own, without factoring the chance of them rolling rare too. Sus/sets should be shrine craft-able again as well.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Give phased movement for mercenaries (walk through ally units like main character).
A summoner build with a lot of minions will just block melee mers in many cases.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Create a new Uber charm that gives +1 to a random skill (passive or otherwise) from any Oskill or class skill in the game with as few limitations as possible. Thinking COTW but even more variation, maybe even some hidden skills/Passives you couldn’t find anywhere else. I would farm this boss forever. People would trade charms like Pokémon cards.