Ladder Reset? [poll] #3

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.

Do you want ladder reset in August?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:09 pm

Yes
73%
No
16%
Idk
11%

Total votes: 90

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
sigh
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Marco wrote:Also I would like to execute a few marketing plans before a release as well, such as a trailer and other goodies, so it explodes by the time of release. .

im quiet curious about these marketing plans, they seem kinda crucial
to get maximum publicity theres so many possibilities to reach alot people, i for myself am gonna post the trailer and make advertising to a german community forum that can reach quiet alot of people

the real question is how do you get attention besides posting stuff on reddit
maybe contacting some streamers to play the game --> D2 streamers and maybe general streamers
something that sounds dumb but could reach ALOT people would be getting a post to hot on 9gag, which tbh the community could help out in a community project making a post reach hot

maybe we should make a post about how the community can help to spread the popularity of the game and share ideas
Amazon
Banned
16 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Update

- Due to the huge popularity of this thread ''Idk'' option is added.
Shadow
Warrior of Darkness
79 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Reset reset this is boring, ladder is dead
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Well, reset or not, in my opinion, is not that important to me, "am i having a good time with the game?" is another thing, as I consider it way better than having people telling you how good the game actually is.

With that being said, I can feel the sentimentality of those who wish it. But at the same time, I ask myself that question for the last two ladders and the answer is still negative.

The community is great though, with people from all walks of life gathering together for something they love. We can build on that. Shutting down the spirit of these people signifies the decline of enthusiasm of those who were, are and will be contributing much for the same objective.

I often ponder "How the hell, with a great game like this, sitting on our servers for more than 3 months, free to play, great community, many servers around the world, have very limited polarities, just as ironic when a guy who is streaming on twich right now, is doing a d2 vanila sorceress with build came out about the same time of the dinosaurs?"
oski89
Rust Claw
80 | 2
what is the best 1st character after reset?? ama bow? necro summoner?
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
there needs to something more significant than minor hc pking events after the first month or two of a ladder reset. There's literally a 4 month downtime with almost nothing going on inbetween. I'm sure people can come up with a lot of creative shit.
brassmuffler
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Solution: balance mod to be hardcore viable for all ubers; wham, ladder lifetime expanded 100000000%

In vanilla the sc ladder lasted like 2 days but the hc journey would go for months. I feel like the same could be true for Median, there just needs to be a better environment to foster thr growth of a hardcore community (which, imo was the greatest feature of D2)
Thraxis
Thunder Beetle
55 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
With how power scaling works right now It still only takes a few days of solid playing to get to the "wall" in HC where everything becomes scary (Duncraig +). Could easily see adjustments to HC viability only scaling the season to 3-4 at most weeks for players dedicating themselves to it. I don't think it'd be as big a fix as you think. It would certainly help/be nice though.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge