Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
Kostetus wrote:Can't lower his HP with open wounds. What am I doing wrong?
► Show Spoiler

Rathma can only be damaged by Mendeln afaik
hueymcduck
Fallen
1 | 0
Hey, just curious about the best gear to throw on my merc while levelling. Just started up a fresh character and want a tanky shapeshifter, then into barbarian in a5. I'm not sure what gear to give them at all early or late game. Is there any guides on this?
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Stereox wrote:
Kostetus wrote:Can't lower his HP with open wounds. What am I doing wrong?
► Show Spoiler

Rathma can only be damaged by Mendeln afaik

he can get dmg by open wounds too but its kinda low
Gfresh
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
What does emblem of hatred do? I just had one drop and I cant find any real documentation on it.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
hey there,
does anyone know what level of Burning Veil the unseelie lady reanimate casts and how much damage boost it gives?
Thanks in advance!
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Gfresh wrote:What does emblem of hatred do? I just had one drop and I cant find any real documentation on it.

it is one of 6 different emblems. Every emblem is a very rare world drop. With all 6 emblems you can cube 2 powerful recipes - the upgrade of Deity Bow and the upgrade of the glorious Book of median.
Whyred
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
So I had a weapon with 199 ed % and I MO'ed it with ed % which made it 200 % not 214. I then socketed a jah rune which made it 215 % ed?!
Can someone show me where I can read about these limitations cause it doesn't seem logical to me.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Whyred wrote:So I had a weapon with 199 ed % and I MO'ed it with ed % which made it 200 % not 214. I then socketed a jah rune which made it 215 % ed?!
Can someone show me where I can read about these limitations cause it doesn't seem logical to me.
the %ED cap is 200% .

in order to go above 200% you must MO before creating the RW or socket %ED runes/perfect skulls in case it is a non -rw item .

if the cap is 200% how do you expect to go above that by mo'ing , since it's not a RW-d ?

you had 199% ED , the MO took the ED to the cap of 200%ED since it could not go above. it's nothing ilogical there . the Jah rune then boosted the ED to 215

you just wasted a MO space on that item , that's all
Whyred
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Whyred wrote:So I had a weapon with 199 ed % and I MO'ed it with ed % which made it 200 % not 214. I then socketed a jah rune which made it 215 % ed?!
the %ED cap is 200% .

in order to go above 200% you must MO before creating the RW or socket %ED runes/perfect skulls in case it is a non -rw item .

if the cap is 200% how do you expect to go above that by mo'ing , since it's not a RW-d ?

you had 199% ED , the MO took the ED to the cap of 200%ED since it could not go above. it's nothing ilogical there . the Jah rune then boosted the ED to 215

you just wasted a MO space on that item , that's all

I was not aware of a 200 % cap, from my memory regular Diablo LOD did not have a cap. I just found it odd you could bypass the cap with runes like jah but not with MO's.
I did it in a unique item - but I get your point about MO'ing before applying the runes for a RW, that makes sense.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
when median was invented the %ED cap was set to 350% . it was lowered to 200% just a few patches ago .