Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Uldyssian
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
How do i get plugy to work without reinstalling everything? Is there a way?
AutoQQ
Prowler
15 | 0
The planner shows 139, I have 131 and need to get the +3 from signet of skill. Where do the other 5 points come from?
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
AutoQQ wrote:The planner shows 139, I have 131 and need to get the +3 from signet of skill. Where do the other 5 points come from?

lvl 125
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
JFORTE77
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi there; I´m pretty much new to the server. I knew about it but I never had the time or the energy to try this out. But the time has come. So, I have got several questions I would like to get answered:

Is it a good idea to test it before Median XL Sigma arrives?

Why are the skill trees so linear? (apparently). Am I missing something?

Why there´s so few people playing on the server at the beggining of ladder? I remember that some hours ago, only 176 people were playing.

Are builds/characters skills balanced? In other words, are they viable? Because you know, Diablo II restricted a lot of builds which could have been a lot of fun because of their low numbers or their lack of usefulness.

What kind of build do you recommend me to try this out?

Thanks for advance
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
1) Yes absolutely, although many things will be similar in Sigma, there will be changes, its probably best not to g in totally blind.

2) I dont have a definite answer to this but in my experience it allows you to get right to the core of a build rather than dick around wasting skills. I personally feel youll like that.

3) The mod has been out for a long time, a lot of the player base has dwindled down. Plus i noticed a lot played to sell items for TG and then died off again for some reason. A more seasoned player might have a better answer.

4) 75% of the builds on here are all viable without having to find crazy OP gear, some moreso for farming, and others for uber boss killing. some are a decent blend of both. In theory every build is still playable, some just have much higher gear and charm dependencies than others.

5) Easy starters are traprat/treewarden druid, Summon necromancer/barbarian, or just barb builds in general. there is actually a guide on how to get every uber charm with T6 gear on a barb, showing that its one of the most, if not the most, versatile char. https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?t=19061

Hopefully that helps a little bit.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
1) Yes

2) Skill trees are so linear so every build gets everything it needs in a short time (You can reach lvl 21-22 in act 1 already. So you only need 2-3 more levels to play the build as it's intended already.) I think it also had to do with balance reasons in the first few versions of that mod. Though early game balance isn't very good atm.

3)
- Many people are waiting only for sigma and don't even bat an eye that there's a new ladder again.
- There were basically 0 changes to builds this ladder, so there's no motivation to try out something new for the vets
- Mainly the vets already have tried out almost all if not all items in the game at some point in their gaming experience, so those people aren't.

--> This seasons is rather meant for new players, who usually struggled with finding everything. However, since there weren't any changes, there isn't much to try out. Plus 1/3 of all SU's will be removed in the next patch(es) and others will be replaced/reworked, so this whole "Try out every item" thing isn't really worth it since we don't know on which items we can still count in sigma.

4) Early game: No. Late game: It's not as bad as in early game, but there is undeniably a huge difference between some builds. Some are easier, some are harder, but all in all every class can do every uber in the game. You just have to switch builds for some ubers eventually.

5) Holy Paladin (Either meele or caster), Thronwarden, Trap rat, Summoner Barb, Aerial's barb (look in the guide section), Scorpion blade assa, Castersin.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
HechtHeftig wrote:1)

better answer
WolfSinx
Invader
8 | 0
Who are the gg reanimates of
Fool's Gold
Fool's Gold
Moo moo moo Moooo! Moo!

Required Level: 90
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
+(0 to 38) to Strength
+(0 to 38) to Dexterity
+(0 to 38) to Vitality
+(0 to 38) to Energy
(11 to 15)% Bonus to Defense
-10% Gold Find
(16 to 20)% Magic Find
?
Goatmilk
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
With equal spell damage, which proc is better in melee: 20% lvl19 cataclysm or 33% lvl22 balefire? Mostly for immune clearing and some aoe damage.

WolfSinx wrote:Who are the gg reanimates of
Fool's Gold
Fool's Gold
Moo moo moo Moooo! Moo!

Required Level: 90
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
+(0 to 38) to Strength
+(0 to 38) to Dexterity
+(0 to 38) to Vitality
+(0 to 38) to Energy
(11 to 15)% Bonus to Defense
-10% Gold Find
(16 to 20)% Magic Find
?

Depends on your build, but:

Void Archon (Warp field aura), Unseelie lady (Burning Veil), Destroyer Shaman (Demons blood aura), Pit Knight "family" (Dark power buff), Alpha Centaur (Colosseum), Mountain Giant "family" (Tremor), Vultures (Bloodlust), ..

Basicly any that have a nice aura, buff, debuff to aid whatever char you're playing.
Edited by Goatmilk 5 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time