Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
or idol of scosglen
Roenan
Vampiress
37 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Fair to say then that kali is better than icarus? Are there areas where that much FRW would benefit?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I pulled this from a previous page

Fumbles wrote:Icarus was a solution (frw) to surviving terror Fauztinville for the Black Road Challenge and I kept them because they had 2.4k defense in the glove slot (t6 gauntlets) which was nice given the low strength requirement. At that point in the game, there aren't a ton of spare points to invest in dexterity to equip a high tier shield so the defense is welcomed.
Kali
Kali
Gloves

'LumKo'
Runeword Level: 48
15% Chance to cast level 13 Seal of Fire on Kill
+2 to All Skills
+15% to Summoned Minion Resistances
-214 Defense
5% to Strength
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Fire Resist +25%
is another good option with the +2 skills, proc, max fire res and orb space so maybe give those a try. My goal was to keep the build cheap through mid-game so I avoided adding sus to that part of the guide. I haven't used Bonecrushers specifically with the build, but most of the stats are useful. If I already had Flying Saucer, I'd use Bonecrushers over Icarus.
funfrock
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
I'm still really new to the game, so sorry for the dumb question, but if thorn strike is the bread and butter attack skill, why does your skill allocation only include a single point on the way to maxing circle of life and idol?
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
funfrock wrote:I'm still really new to the game, so sorry for the dumb question, but if thorn strike is the bread and butter attack skill, why does your skill allocation only include a single point on the way to maxing circle of life and idol?

1 point is enough, cause we need it to carry our weapon damage, elemental damage, crushing blow and procs. We don't need additional physical damage it provides with hard points. Thorn strike strikes multiple times per attack which makes it powerful one pointer.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Hard points also increase the mana cost. This could mean having to sacrifice a piece of gear to compensate and that might reduce kill speed/defense/etc.
funfrock
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Okay, makes sense. Thanks.
Antitheus
Fallen
1 | 0
Solid guide I'd say. Didn't touch Median for a while now, must've been around 2 years ._. Only to see myself halfway through 65 lvl heading to second challenge on saturday evening (set out ~12am). Cheers.
jijic
Skeleton
2 | 0
hi, how do you deal with mana in the endgame?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
jijic wrote:hi, how do you deal with mana in the endgame?

If you're referring to Thornstrike's mana cost, it shouldn't be an issue if you only have 1 point in it. If that isn't the reason, post some ss of gear/current charms and list where you allocated skill points.