Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
boozek wrote:Blast Wave skill was RED (unusable) for me and my friends. maybe it has some requirements that I do not know of.
Can you check if it works for you ?

Seems like someone in party is sharing Bear Stance.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
I think it would be very nice to have summonable 83k hp enemy that have 0 resist and digital hp in right of his name for estimating damage output(poison mainly).
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
you can just use d2stats and a bit of simple math for calculating poison damage. If the enemy has zero resist you are not going to get an accurate representation of your real in game damage in any case.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
notforkeeps wrote:you can just use d2stats and a bit of simple math for calculating poison damage. If the enemy has zero resist you are not going to get an accurate representation of your real in game damage in any case.

From zon POV
I know how passive poison dmg work. d2stat show 5k/sec while ingame skill descshow 20k+/sec. Sometime the enemy health bar decreased so quickly but another time they decrease so slow. It make me curious.
Also some skill use per second(lava pit) instead just per hit(flamestrike). How to calculate lava pit damage per hit?
Another use is to know how skill like thunderstone/barrage work. Ex. Skill desc said 100dmg. Does it mean deal 100dmg if all bolt/arrow hit the enemy or each bolt/arrow deal 100dmg?
And spell like bacchanalia doesn't calculate damage in LCS while max life already 100%. I can't tell this LCS bug or what.
So by having a summonable dummy its easier to figure those out.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
nofurylion wrote:
notforkeeps wrote:you can just use d2stats and a bit of simple math for calculating poison damage. If the enemy has zero resist you are not going to get an accurate representation of your real in game damage in any case.

From zon POV
I know how passive poison dmg work. d2stat show 5k/sec while ingame skill descshow 20k+/sec. Sometime the enemy health bar decreased so quickly but another time they decrease so slow. It make me curious.
Also some skill use per second(lava pit) instead just per hit(flamestrike). How to calculate lava pit damage per hit?
Another use is to know how skill like thunderstone/barrage work. Ex. Skill desc said 100dmg. Does it mean deal 100dmg if all bolt/arrow hit the enemy or each bolt/arrow deal 100dmg?
And spell like bacchanalia doesn't calculate damage in LCS while max life already 100%. I can't tell this LCS bug or what.

most skills show damage done per hit, except some damage over time things like poison or some fire skills (in which they will show their proper damages over x seconds in the skill icon tip)

bacchalania isn't a spell, so obviously it won't show any damage. it just buffs your damage when hp is below x amount. use balefire til your hp drops below the amount (has life drain while casting) and you'll see your damage numbers jump up at the hp breakpoint.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Aero wrote:
nofurylion wrote:

From zon POV

most skills show damage done per hit, except some damage over time things like poison or some fire skills (in which they will show their proper damages over x seconds in the skill icon tip)

bacchalania isn't a spell, so obviously it won't show any damage. it just buffs your damage when hp is below x amount. use balefire til your hp drops below the amount (has life drain while casting) and you'll see your damage numbers jump up at the hp breakpoint.

I mean after i max bachanalia until max life is 100%, it doesnt multiply the lava pit damage in LCS when my life is 100%.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
yea, it's not supposed to. it gives you the damage boost when your HP drops to less than 75% or 66% (whatever the number breakpoint is - says on the skill) of your max HP.

so if you have 100 HP, and you use balefire or you take damage and your life is now 50/100, you'll see the damage boost.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
I just read the skill desc again. The breakpoint is 2/3 life. I thought the max life is the trigger but it actually how much bonus gained when below life breakpoint. fool me
Thank you
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
Just an idea. (Maybe for town or boss fights w.e)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge