Melee Sorceress [1.3]

La_minore
Rust Claw
85 | 4
Do you have more suggestion on Astroga? I failed miserably, even if I damage it the totems get destroyed and rejuvenate the monster.

Also, what can I do to kill the elemental boss to upgrade the 'Soul of Kabaraxis"? Those spirits are on a complete different level from Kabraxis. I am hitting a brick wall completing the impossible-listed quests, with the exception to Duncraig.

I want the Astroga charm so bad...
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
La_minore wrote:Do you have more suggestion on Astroga? I failed miserably, even if I damage it the totems get destroyed and rejuvenate the monster.

Also, what can I do to kill the elemental boss to upgrade the 'Soul of Kabaraxis"? Those spirits are on a complete different level from Kabraxis. I am hitting a brick wall completing the impossible-listed quests, with the exception to Duncraig.

I want the Astroga charm so bad...

Not really. Astrogha has a near perfect defense against Melee Sorcs since all your melee skills are practically useless against him. And since Stormblast was removed from Khany, you no longer have access to any useful melee oskills. You can try dropping Baneblade and using Firedance+Flamestrike. Equip some +FSD/-EFR gear as needed to help counter his aura. Use your Blade Spirits to keep Darkspawn distracted. Otherwise, you're probably better off going for a full caster respec if you just want to get the Charm and gtfo.

For Soul of Kabraxis upgrade,
Starhawk
Starhawk
Warp Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 49 to 86
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 400
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Innate Tri-Elemental Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
Area Effect Attack
25% Chance to cast level 50 Magic Missiles on Melee Attack
+(3 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
50% Attack Speed
Adds 400-500 Magic Damage
-(25 to 35)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
Socketed (6)
is your best bet against the Elementals. It's been a long time since I've done it, but iirc, the boss Elemental is invulnerable as long as there are minion Elementals around. So you have to kill all the minions asap and attack the boss before it summons more.
La_minore
Rust Claw
85 | 4
OK I got an decent roll of the Kabraxis charm, all 3% or above.

I am doing the Zorun Tzin boss, but it seems impossible. I always get instant deaths when trying to close in to hit him, and he calls totem faster than I can purify...
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
La_minore wrote:OK I got an decent roll of the Kabraxis charm, all 3% or above.

I am doing the Zorun Tzin boss, but it seems impossible. I always get instant deaths when trying to close in to hit him, and he calls totem faster than I can purify...

Cool. And if you find a good way to do Astrogha, please post it.

Zorun Tzin is a pain, but he's doable once you train yourself not to move when he uses his instagib spell. If you stand still when he uses it, it won't hurt you (but the missiles will still kill you if you run into them as they're moving away). After that, it's just a matter of setting up the battlefield and moving from platform to platform. Lure all the rats and zombies to either the far left or far right platform, then you can use the other 2 platforms to fight. When 1 platform gets filled with Totems, lure Zorun Tzin to the other platform. When the second platform gets filled with totems, leave Zorun Tzin there and go back to the first platform to clear Totems.
wootmcgyver
Prowler
18 | 0
La_minore wrote:OK I got an decent roll of the Kabraxis charm, all 3% or above.

First things first, you should drop a TP outside of the instance. Next, you want to clear the map of all the goliaths. Once that is done, lure all of the invulnerable rats to a corner of the map and let them kill you. Go through the TP again and pull the boss. While fighting the boss you should move in small increments and stop, wait for him to port, then place a fusillade and fight him until he drops another totem. Rinse and repeat until the entire map is covered with totems/zombies. Once the map is maxed out, it's time to clear the totems. This can take anywhere from 10-20 mins due to the internal cooldown of purify. Once the totems have been cleared, lure the zombies to where you parked the rats and die. Depending on gear/charms/aggressiveness (how often you hit the boss in addition to fusillade) this fight can take anywhere from 40 mins to 3 hrs (no, I'm not exaggerating).

I would not attempt this fight without first farming 500 sigs, 30~ charms, and several end-game items/runewords. This guy is a heroic boss for a reason. As a Barbarian with a ridiculously overpowered set (I have over 5k strength and 21k deathgaze sheet damage), this fight generally takes me an hour. I personally wouldn't even attempt it on my sorc using the mysteries set.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Question about creating the runeword Grace. In the guide it says "Weapon (RW) - 5x ED on the base Weapon, then 3x LoA and 2x MoA on the RW".

Why does it matter to add the ED mystic orbs before creating the runeword?

Thanks
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Tanin wrote:Question about creating the runeword Grace. In the guide it says "Weapon (RW) - 5x ED on the base Weapon, then 3x LoA and 2x MoA on the RW".

Thanks

To make sure all the ED is applied.

With some RWs, you'll hit the ED cap from MOs before you've had a chance to apply all 5 ED orbs. Orbing the base weapon prevents that.

I can't remember if
Grace
is one of those RWs. You might be okay adding ED after you make the RW. If not, you can just unsocket it and orb the base weapon.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:
Tanin wrote:Question about creating the runeword Grace. In the guide it says "Weapon (RW) - 5x ED on the base Weapon, then 3x LoA and 2x MoA on the RW".

Thanks

To make sure all the ED is applied.

With some RWs, you'll hit the ED cap from MOs before you've had a chance to apply all 5 ED orbs. Orbing the base weapon prevents that.

Isn't this even better? If I get the same max ED before using all 5 orbs I gain "place" for more orbs.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Tanin wrote:Isn't this even better? If I get the same max ED before using all 5 orbs I gain "place" for more orbs.

No, because you can get more total damage if you orb the base weapon instead of the RW.

RWs are weird because they basically have 2 separate ED caps: one on the base weapon, and one on the RW. Each cap is 200%, I believe.

For example, let's say you have a perfect Superior base weapon with 55% ED (after Oil of Luck). And let's say you roll Grace with a perfect 143% ED. You'd only be able to add 4 ED MOs to the RW to reach the RW's ED cap, which would give you a total of 255% ED. But if you had added ED MOs to the base item instead, you'd have been able to use all 5, which would give you 273% ED.

*Edited ED values b/c I forgot about Oil of Luck, and to fix grammar errors.
Edited by Solfege 5 years.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:
Tanin wrote:Isn't this even better? If I get the same max ED before using all 5 orbs I gain "place" for more orbs.

No, because you can get more total damage if you orb the base weapon instead of the RW.

RWs are weird because they basically have 2 separate ED caps: one on the base weapon, and one on the RW. Each cap is 200%, I believe.

For example, let's say you have a Superior base weapon with 35% ED. And let's say you roll Grace with a perfect 143% ED. You'd only be able to add 4 ED MOs to the RW to reach the RWs ED cap, which would give you a total of 235% ED. But if you added ED MOs to the base item, you'd be able to use all 5, which would give you 253% ED.

I see, they have separate caps. Good to know.

Following your example, wouldn't I be able to reach 313% ED if they have separate caps?