Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey,

I am currently mid game with gear (already have 3 out of 5 from Mysteries but not wearing them).

Yesterday I got Teganze Pendant and two Empyrean Band and wanted to ask what to MO them with.
The guide recommends "Flat DR, MF, and Mana Regen. Then either Res, Minion Res, or Flat Defense."

Is flat DR the minus 6 damage taken? Is that significant?
Also currently, I am not seeing how mana can be a problem, certainly not with all the Ber jewel with dual leech I put in the Runeword weapon.

P.S. MO'ing an item is permanent, right?
La_minore
Rust Claw
85 | 4
Tanin wrote:Hey,

I am currently mid game with gear (already have 3 out of 5 from Mysteries but not wearing them).

Yesterday I got Teganze Pendant and two Empyrean Band and wanted to ask what to MO them with.
The guide recommends "Flat DR, MF, and Mana Regen. Then either Res, Minion Res, or Flat Defense."

Is flat DR the minus 6 damage taken? Is that significant?
Also currently, I am not seeing how mana can be a problem, certainly not with all the Ber jewel with dual leech I put in the Runeword weapon.

P.S. MO'ing an item is permanent, right?

Mana shortage will be a prominent problem if you constantly summon "Blade Spirits", and spamming "Force Blast" during Uberquests. For example, Blade spirits die regularly in Kingdom of Shadow, so you will be low on mana for sure. As of very late game, my mana declines to ~17-20% after summoning 9 spirits in a row.

Do not underestimate the small displayed value for flat Damage Reduction. In conjunction with % damage reduction, absorb, resistance, they will shine. A popular example is the "Quov Tsin guideline" in this guide, which make you literally immune to his tri-elemental attacks.

Technically, MO(s) are permanent. If you play offline, you can use the "Offline Tool" on this site to remove them. You should plan MO'ing in advance, seeing the charms list first, maybe, to get the optimal properties. I wait until Destruction to MO to control my F/C/L/P resistances.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks for the thorough reply.

Is it normal that I'm having a hard time in TA Destruction with mid game gear (only the belt is missing but I do have Teganze Pendant and 2x Empyrean Band )?

Also TA Terror is pretty easy, but I use a lot of Moon potions in order not to die. Seems like the leech doesn't leech all that well....
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Just to add to what La_minore said:

Along with Blade Spirit summoning and Force Blast use, Bladestorm's Mana cost will increase as you gain more gear/Charms with +Skills/+Sorc Skills. You'll especially notice it if you're tanking bosses with large Life pools, or fighting enemies that are Phys-immune (LL/ML doesn't work on them). So the extra regen works in conjunction with Mana Leech to help keep your Mana pool stable.

And yes, Flat DR = “Damage Reduced by 6.”

As for MOing your Unique jewelry, you can add DR, MF, and Regen without regret. Those mods will be useful all the time. Res, Minion Res, and Flat Defense are supplemental, and to be added if/when you need them. I'd suggest you wait until you're further along before adding any of that, especially Res and Minion Res. Those values will change as you gain Charms, and you don't want to waste MO space on something you don't need.

Tanin wrote:Thanks for the thorough reply.

Is it normal that I'm having a hard time in TA Destruction with mid game gear (only the belt is missing but I do have Teganze Pendant and 2x Empyrean Band )?

Also TA Terror is pretty easy, but I use a lot of Moon potions in order not to die. Seems like the leech doesn't leech all that well....

I strongly recommend you make
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
. It's an important part of your mid-game gearset. That extra 10% DR will help quite a bit. Farm Terror K3KBA if you need a Vith Rune (remember, you can upgrade and downgrade Runes).

It's normal for Dest TA to kick your ass at this stage. Take it slow and only try to fight a few Amazons at a time (3-5 recommended, but no more than 7). Use Force Blast and your Blade Spirits strategically. Use Fusillade all the time. You're only there to get the Charm right now. Nothing more. Imo, Philios is the easiest Priestess to get to, so I usually just farm her for it.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks.

BTW, if I already maxed IAS and FHR, what should I put in my body armor [jewels (which?) / runes]?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Tanin wrote:Thanks.

BTW, if I already maxed IAS and FHR, what should I put in my body armor [jewels (which?) / runes]?

Still use Ber crafted jewels for RWs, but aim for +2% DEX mods. For non-RWs, use Perfect Amethysts or Io Runes if your Res is good.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Last question for tonight, why use perfect diamond and not Ort tune for the merc’s sockets?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Tanin wrote:Last question for tonight, why use perfect diamond and not Ort tune for the merc’s sockets?

Partially to boost STR to help him equip heavy gear. And partially because of the Heroic Strength ability all mercs have, which boosts their EWD, Life Regen, and Energy Factor per STR point (though EWD is useless for A3 mercs). You can use Ort Runes if you want though, or mix and match.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
NM. and thanks
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I am at the end game skills allocation and after putting all points according to suggestion I still have 21 points.

Where should they go?