What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
shrimp
Daystar
693 | 14
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Soulcalibur 6
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The Escapists 2

Started out great. You're in prison and it's your job to get out. So the game gives you lots of options to do just that. But I became quite annoyed by the mechanics. For example, the items in every prisoner's cell are changed all the time. That means you either have luck with the correct items, or you have to buy some from other inmates. To get money, you have to fulfill tasks or need a job. Some tasks are easy, like "Put a dead rat in Terry's cell" but for others like "Thrash Eric!" you need strength, so go work out first. Same goes for jobs: You actually have to get stats in order to get some consistent income.

All this is pretty repititive. But what annoys me the most are things like this: You prepare everything for the outbreak. The tunnel from your cell to the parking lot is already 4 blocks long. The dummy is inside your bed, so the guards won't notice you disappeared. You have 3 energy drinks in your inventory, a shovel and full energy. All you need to do is digging 1 more blog. You start -

"Inventory full. You can't carry more sand."

HRRRRRNGH!!! Popping an energy drink to free up some space in the inventory, starting digging again and -

"The tunnel is about collapse. Get something to make it stable."

HRHRHHGHEHGRHFgmrpgjaegihrifgnwlfmargfaeg!!!!!1

So you call it a day and have to go through another whole day in order to get the materials - and then you miss exactly 1 freaking piece of wood, so you have to play another day. And 1 minute in the game is 1 second in rl. So you can calculate how long just 1 day takes. It's so damn annoying.

Then, finally on the third night after I decided to break out. I get out! But somehow there's a sharpshooter even though they shouldn't be around according to the ingame helps, and I lose all HP and I'm put into solitary confinement. Now you can start all over again! Hurrayy!!!!

It's probably more fun in CO-OP, but I really regret buying this game already. I didn't even make it past the first level despite the fact that I'm already playing the game for 4 days lol....
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished :

1. Super Cloudbuilt
Gosh this game is hard and kinda infuriating sometimes. The required skills for you to master this game is quite high and I raged at certain levels far more than I raged whole last year. I finished 4 wings and have no plan to go challenges or secret endings.

This is the final level for the wing, the final check point area is the one that giving a lot of pain.

Playing :
1. Metal Gear Solid V
Grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind. Not sure how people enjoyed this repetitive gameplay. I spent most of the times going through few kilometers because of side ops are in different location, fast travel required you get specific item first and that freaking helicopter is damn slow and costing a lot of money.

2. Space Run
Mid section gameplay, game are much harder now. Need to juggle a lot of stuff on the screen. Especially i never care about enemy type and focus on basic weapon only. Now have to learn to use shield and each weapons abilities for maximum rank rewards.

3. Deponia
Chill little point n click adventure game. Most of the puzzle solutions are straightforward, thus I rarely use guides this time around (well about 40% is guided). Artstyle is charming, although main character is a jerk though.

4. Hacknet
Easy for first couple of steps, then it became more challenging and sometimes it is not clear on what you need to do. There is resource ingame you can try to read abit, but Im lazy to figure it out. Thankfully because of my experience with dos, typing in command prompt is not that hard.

5. Epistory
Still typing game / adventure / exploring type of games. Slow progress as I dunno if I enjoy the game or not. But i know the game wasnt that long, only about 4 hours if I can type like those hacker in the movie.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Back to Zelda breath of the wild.

What I managed until this point:
- all 4 Titans
- getting the motor bike (5th titan)
- beating Ganon
- 116 shrines finished
- i found 3 Special DLC items. 1 teleportation Seat for your horse. Korok mask, and teleportation medallion.

So all I need to do is getting the last 4 shrines. 1 is in Kakariko since I didn‘t bother about doing all the quests In that village yet. And 1 other shrine simply sucks. You need to stand naked on a platform while the blood moon rises and revives all the enemies again. Problem 1) how do you know when the blood moon will rise? Problem 2) it‘s a freaking waiting game mehhhhh.

Next to the twin mountains there‘s some guY who studies the moon phases. So I talked to him several times until I understood a full moon cycle takes 8 days. So Now I skip 8 days next to the campfire, then I‘ll teleport next to the shrine platform, wait until I see what color the moon has, and repeat. This is soooo freaking annoying.

As for the other 2 shrines: I have no idea where they shall be. Even on maps in the internet I couldn‘t find the other 2. I guess one of them will come up once I did the other 119, but that‘s just an assumption.

Well, after I did all the shrines, I‘ll upgrade my master sword and then I‘m done with the game. Maybe I‘ll get all the other dlc items as well, but well... I gotta see how it turn out.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Red Dead Redemption 2.

Rockstar does it again. The only 4 open world games that feel genuinely alive and with a great story imo are Witcher 3, Grand Theft Auto 5 (yes i know bit of a cliché but i have to admit its a pretty good game for what it is) Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Redemption 2. Coincidentally Rockstar dev'd 3 of those i named so i can see a pattern.

But yeah this game is amazing, from the customization of your clothes/guns (you can even engrave them) to the crafting/hunting and of course being one with the inner outlaw.

I would give this a 10/10 but i wont for 2 reasons , no game is ever that perfect and there are still some annoying glitches with horses pathfinding trapping you inside buildings as you try to get out forcing you to load a previous game or something, and other inventory related, from the ones i experienced. So ill rate this one an 9/10, its the open world game ill rate against any other open world game with that kind of polished aspirations. Happy trails, pardner.

</gush>
Edited by Prime_Evil 5 years.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Playing:
1. Hollow Knight
Part of humbly monthly for november, just like many others said this an awesome metroidvania games. Word couldnt describe how I loved the game from atmosphere, artstyle, BGM, boss encounter and pretty much most of the game mechanic.

Additionally I just know that the game DLC was added to exsiting game in form of new area, thus expanding the game to much bigger space... for FREE! If you have 12 dollar to spend, just get it from humble monthly if it cheap for you, it is worth it (ask me for referral code so i can get 8 dollar, i did gave to someone last time when i subbed for first time)

2. Deponia Complete Journey
Completed the first part of trilogy (1st game pretty much) which wrapped up nicely with many feelings in it. The game individually is not that long (4 hours i think?), so i guess i can try to go blind through this game.

Only 1 dreaded thing is that there is whole collectible that u needed to collect in 1 playthrough, because I have with one the puzzle, i have to resort to the savefiles / checkpoint available on their website. And apparently the savefiles didnt collect those collectibles, so i have to play whole 1st part of trilogy all over again just to get this achievement.... FUUUUUUUUUU.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
https://streamable.com/wnlih

I need a shieldsurfing spin-off.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished :
1. Metal Gear Solid V
Gosh, I feel like I shouldve stop playing this game much earlier. Despite the game have a lot of attention to details, I simply didnt get entertained throughout the games. Most of the storyline arent tied properly unless i go for external lore. Even though the plottwist explained about the whole MGS series, but it feel weak to make player to play prologue again as final level.

Usually this type of games I would try to 100% all missions and side ops, but I simply cant. I just cant wait to uninstall it, which I did once I reached the ending.

2. Hollow Knight
Finished 1st ending, going for all other 4 endings, which Im aiming for 112% ending if possible. A lot of bosses are quite tricky (final boss kinda easy for 1st ending) so Im assume that I will get double the hours of game play from it. I finished the game with 17 hours gameplay and 80%, so I wasnt that far away from my final goal.

Playing:
1. Hidden Folks
Gosh, charming hidden object game made by single developer. He used his own voice as special effect sound in game. And because it used simple black and white artwork, added with a lot of interactivity and huge level that sometimes take long time.

I cant believe I slept through the night of final sale day for steam halloween sales, now Im feel like im run out of option for VR games. I need new type of experience, aside from arena shooter or rhythm, trying to find more immersive games (skyrim VR? nah too expensive)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Zelda: found all the equipment pieces. Still have to start the master sword challenge. But honestly I‘m been just walking around and exploring the world and there‘s still so mich I haven‘t seen yet. Really incredible.

Inside: oh my this is such a spooky game. Its selling point is the atmosphere it creates. A dark, eerie side scroller, with puzzles. I love it! Reminds me of my first experience with diablo 1, where you never knew what‘s behind the next door while the enemies keep hiding in the dark. Aside from the atmospheric sounds, there is no talk, no music, just ambient background spookiness and that creates a really weird tension throughout the game. It‘s really worth the money.