LAN party

Discuss Median XL!
Probablyjank
Destroyer
6 | 1
Aero wrote:When is this stream planned to go down? Saturday at what time and time zone?

Starting roughly 10:30 EST. As long as the networking doesn't become an issue!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
madgod wrote:Just remember that in order to do that with Median you need to do it via the client Hamachi.

Why? I have multiple times used the LAN option in a local network and it worked fine with just a LAN cable.

And if they have access to internet via a LAN cable put into a switch or using the wifi option from Notebooks, they might as well play via closed or open battle net, so I don‘t see any reason to download a third party program that‘s used for simulating a LAN room over the Internet.

@other players: I also don‘t see any reason why everyone says assa is so hard to play or can‘t carry. Just use twin fang strike and use a normal claw (later a honorific claw) with life and mana on attack (enough mana on attack to neglect the mana costs, everything else is put into life on attack, +% AR and spell damage.) and you can carry the whole team until Baal in terror. After that your damage falls off, but there‘s also a more in-depth guide for a twin fang assassin, plus you can always respec to a caster sin, and stay behind to spam your stuff.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
HechtHeftig wrote:@other players: I also don‘t see any reason why everyone says assa is so hard to play or can‘t carry. Just use twin fang strike and use a normal claw (later a honorific claw) with life and mana on attack (enough mana on attack to neglect the mana costs, everything else is put into life on attack, +% AR and spell damage.) and you can carry the whole team until Baal in terror. After that your damage falls off, but there‘s also a more in-depth guide for a twin fang assassin, plus you can always respec to a caster sin, and stay behind to spam your stuff.

if youre referring to me, thats not what i meant to express and im pretty sure that i didnt misrepresent my ideas.
1: usually there are some carry chars, is a general statement that most ppl who play on tsw should have experienced before. the chars with the best clear and movement speed kill the most stuff and that means they do most of the "work". one example of this during ladder resets is the totemancer with quick movement and good clearspeed
2: assassin is squishy and dies relatively easily due to low hp and low defense, especially compared with most other classes. that does not mean that she will die in a particular playthrough, but she is known to not be very tanky, especially early on

with the setup you mentioned she may well be the carry char.
lets see how it plays out ;)
Probablyjank
Destroyer
6 | 1
HechtHeftig wrote:
madgod wrote:Just remember that in order to do that with Median you need to do it via the client Hamachi.

Why? I have multiple times used the LAN option in a local network and it worked fine with just a LAN cable.

And if they have access to internet via a LAN cable put into a switch or using the wifi option from Notebooks, they might as well play via closed or open battle net, so I don‘t see any reason to download a third party program that‘s used for simulating a LAN room over the Internet.

I was hoping not to have to use hamachi! I've used it before, and didn't understand why i would need it when we are all direct connected to the same router.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
you shouldnt need hamachi then. Hamachi is only for when there is no good physical connection.
edit: i should mention that i am looking forward to seeing this!
Probablyjank
Destroyer
6 | 1
I'm sad to say the internet is not allowing sufficient stream speeds :/ but I am recording in the hope of sharing