Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
God_of_Magic
Pit Knight
113 | 6
I took a big break and have a question.

What happened to Median XL: Ultimative? I thought it took over Median XL's place as the mod of choice. I loaded the most current patch and it works and all but it doesn't say Ultimative. Did the name just get changed back or what? Did the Ultimative content get absorbed into this Median XL?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
God_of_Magic wrote:I took a big break and have a question.
What happened to Median XL: Ultimative? I thought it took over Median XL's place as the mod of choice. I loaded the most current patch and it works and all but it doesn't say Ultimative. Did the name just get changed back or what?

'Ultimative' suffix was dropped for more recent versions (after XVI) probably because, since 2017, the mod uses a new core that changed so much stuff it didn't feel like a direct continuation of the past patches. This was also highlighted by the fact that a wipe of existing Ultimative characters was needed to play the newer version (no compatibility between old and new characters). Soon the same will happen with Sigma but in an even greater measure.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ruubel wrote:
Tanin wrote:What's THE best place to farm sets?

I've been playing SP with a friend. I'm already very sturdy with end game gear and he still plays with a combination of early/mid game gear.

He's still missing 2 pieces of the Celestia set and we've both played quite a lot (both have 500 SOL)...

play at p8 at sp and it does not matter where exactly at yberlevels you do your farming. At SP I got most of sets eventually. K3000 is ofc the best.IIRC at p8 and 400 mf 4-8 set pieces per run at k3000 were common.

If you‘re unpartied you only need /player 7 since in that case /players 8 won‘t improve your drops.
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Fumbles wrote:
uchenick55 wrote:Hello. From what SP version of median supported Kabraxis RW for the first time? How can i get it?

If you're looking for the first patch that has all the Kabraxis enhanced runewords, then XVI is the one to download and you can get it here. Iirc, all the elemental runewords were introduced in the first Ultimative patches, along with
Natasha's Legacy (Xis)
. I could be wrong about the body armor but it seems like Kab runes existed and had a purpose other than 50% enhanced damage/defense. But Moddb doesn't have patches from before Ultimative V7 but some community members would still have them if a guy asked around.

All the Kabraxis enhanced runewords in Single Player works too in https://www.moddb.com/mods/medianxl/dow ... mative-xvi
?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
uchenick55 wrote:All the Kabraxis enhanced runewords in Single Player works too in https://www.moddb.com/mods/medianxl/dow ... mative-xvi
?

They should work fine but you might refer to the old docs for the runewords because the damage rework did alter the damage/defense/pierce/spell damage and some other affixes on items.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
PaladinSeth wrote:Hey all, i am still new to this unique mod.. there is a lot to learn about it.
Can you please suggest me class and build to play?
Thanks in advance.

imo your aim should be reach lvl120 and destruction baal (not kill him).
amazon: estatic frenzy + bow tree. You can deal high damage, rare skill switching, and bruteforce many mobs.
sorc: light+poison + melee tree. Same as above + tanky.
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Fumbles wrote:
uchenick55 wrote:All the Kabraxis enhanced runewords in Single Player works too in https://www.moddb.com/mods/medianxl/dow ... mative-xvi
?

They should work fine but you might refer to the old docs for the runewords because the damage rework did alter the damage/defense/pierce/spell damage and some other affixes on items.

OK THANK YOU!
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Hello.
1) How can i protect edyrems? They die in a part of second and I have to cast them again and again to make toraga's monsters vulnerable. At the moment I have to spend 5-10 seconds for each monster killing. Rathma choosen doesn't work ;(
2) Who is the best Toraja's farmer to get great runes? Can you show build/guide?
Thank you in advance.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
uchenick55 wrote:Hello.
1) How can i protect edyrems? They die in a part of second and I have to cast them again and again to make toraga's monsters vulnerable. At the moment I have to spend 5-10 seconds for each monster killing. Rathma choosen doesn't work ;(
2) Who is the best Toraja's farmer to get great runes? Can you show build/guide?
Thank you in advance.

Any summoner. The more summons you have, the easier your edyrems survive. Those summoners just have to teleport on an enemy and it‘a dead within a second.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
if by "pure caster" you wish to avoid using any summons as meatshield / or avoid making any compromise for using some summons boosting gear , you can try any tree combo you wish (all of them can get you very far ) and get some reanimates instead