The Thornwarden

Glow-Worm
Bone Archer
76 | 3
With 1 point in Thorn Strike, you shouldn't have any problems with it if you have a source of mana leech too.
jijic
Skeleton
2 | 0
yea I'm silly, I was keeping thorn strike maxed. Thanks for the help!
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
for( maxed ) thorns, you can have various mana regen mo'd rings and amulets. Empyreian band 2X ( with max stat bonus) and either athuluas oracle or teganze pendant ammy. Or simply ammy with 3-4 all skills and mo'd mana regen, there is no practical difference.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ruubel wrote:there is no practical difference.

There is a difference, which is pulling 20+ points from another skill (or skills) in order to max Thornstrike. Then orb space is lost on jewelry to cover the mana cost. The flat damage gained isn't that great for any decently gear character as they are already 1 shotting most mobs anyways.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Fumbles wrote:
Ruubel wrote:there is no practical difference.

There is a difference, which is pulling 20+ points from another skill (or skills) in order to max Thornstrike. Then orb space is lost on jewelry to cover the mana cost. The flat damage gained isn't that great for any decently gear character as they are already 1 shotting most mobs anyways.

For regular gameplay yes, its correct. But against of tough bosses max thorns really helped ( uyldyssian stages, kabraxis, etc) and points to thorns were from laek skill - stil had 9 pts for circle of life - that laek was enogh against of kabraxis skellys, for instance (I stll needed many portions, but not blue).
I have no doubt, you can effectively minmax equipement vs yberposses with 1pt thorns but its not the only way.

50% slow to "attacking enemy" from tree form - seems to be not working on uldy, maybe it works,but definitely has effect on edyrems.

I suspect - for uldy - slow has to be something like "slows target XX % " from a weapn/charm - ah, I got it - edyrems are melee attackers, therefore treeform slow applies to them, uldy does not classify as a "melee attacker" - therefore slow from treeform has no effect. No wonder why I had so much trouble with uldy and eventually I gave up. I'm open to suggestions what to equp for final stage at uldy as a treewarden. So far only "Void" RW weapon as an axe, comes to my mind. There are probably some usable oskills, I imagine.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tree and Uldy fight: its better to replace thorn strike with some "ranged" (o)skill - so this skill could carry open wounds ands slow from Void rw and you could shoot purifiers from the greater distance. Thorns distance for open wounds and slowing effect is simply too short - Uldy casts his avoid beacon. Sigh. What replacement skill do yo suggest for treewarden ?

I do not want to switch to a bow: arkarat shield has 50% open wounds,+50% from other stuff, it means I can replace ripstar ring.

edit:

ring oskills carry ow and slow from a melee weapon BUT - you can't use these oskills at tree form( as description says - only melee, summoning and buffs). Nice.

Treeform as it is with thorn strike, is very inefficient at Uldy fight, my conclusion. Not impossible, but inefficient.

edit2:

Maybe respect to bow druid for this fight? Void Rw bow ( attack rating and speed jewels) and ow from equipement and that's all ?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
I never ran into such problems with thornstrike against uldy.
First of all, Treewarden's slow works against uldy. In the first phase its just hitting him with thornstrike, let him follow you, purify him, rinse and repeat.
In the second phase of fight its running after him so he is fleeing all the time and does not cast that much stuff - hitting him with thornstrike and purify him. The only thing is that you have to avoid him going into a corner, thats all. I am a really bad player when it comes to timing and overall skill but with this strat the final fight takes about 45 - 55 min. I know that a lot of people can do it faster but it isn't really slow either.
I did my runs with only 50 % OW since thornstrike hits that often and about 45 k AR. The most important thing was a bunch of frw to be fast enough to chase him even if he aplies his slow on you.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Turns out, I did not understand exactly how purification-ow mechanics works - hit enemy with ow before casting purification, you may hit after too but its not so effective. Therefore my extremly slow progression. Yeah, I had killed Assur and Vizijun boss but I never understood exactly how this purification killed them eventually.

EDIT:

finally done. 2 hours. But luckily +2 skills
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
to do it the most efficiently, hit, then purify then hit. but you don't need to hit before. purify is a source of degeneration over time. open wounds will ensure that the degeneration effect continues over longer periods.

when purify hits, you'll see a little uhh. how to explain it. something like vanilla d2 iron maiden curse but a lot smaller appear on his body like a regular hit would show. that's when you apply your open wounds. open wounds is shown by blood puddles. theoretically you only have to purify bosses once as long as you have 100% uptime on open wounds.
wlochaty22
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hello, im new here. One question i cant find answer by my own, what shrines should be used to craft and bless endgame axe and shield?