Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Faygopop
Fallen
1 | 0
necromancer pets and armor set # pets can u guys reskin all the pets to look like skeletion flayer but keep the same powers # armor can u guys make a armor set so a certain percent of your skills will summon a skeleton flayer 20 max but will stack with the one u can summon as of now there just something satisfying seeing witch doctor from d3 in d2 I will donate if I have to to get this done lol
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So, item personalization is kind of pointless in its current state. It really does nothing of value.

I’m thinking that, perhaps, you could alter the Quest reward to not just add your name to the personalized item but also imbue it with increased stats. Something to the tune of +1 to all skill levels and 100% enhances damage/defense but at a cost..

To prevent this from being easily exploitable, personalization could confine that item to only being wearable by the character that personalized it, rendering it untradeable and limiting the number of personalized items to 3 per character. You could, of course, make the Nihlathak quest much harder to compensate.

I think it would be a simple change that would enrich the character-building element and add a new level of commitment to each build as you wouldn’t be able to trade the items.

This would also lower item saturation in the ladder economy.

Thoughts?
inori92
Pit Knight
113 | 28
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Is it possible to add some more synergies to enable certain oskills / builds to make them more competitive?

For example, I really like the Psionic Storm / Churel abilities, but it has little to no synergies or viable damage that help it be the focal point of a build. Why does Churel do so little compared to other spells? Why does Psionic Storm not synergize with +Physical/Magical spell damage, or limited to base energy with no energy factor or anything else?

Another example would be the Feedback sorceress, there's just little to nothing that can improve this skill treeline by items, besides mana, which has a hard cap.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
inori92 wrote:Is it possible to add some more synergies to enable certain oskills / builds to make them more competitive?

For example, I really like the Psionic Storm / Churel abilities, but it has little to no synergies or viable damage that help it be the focal point of a build. Why does Churel do so little compared to other spells? Why does Psionic Storm not synergize with +Physical/Magical spell damage, or limited to base energy with no energy factor or anything else?

Another example would be the Feedback sorceress, there's just little to nothing that can improve this skill treeline by items, besides mana, which has a hard cap.

psionic storm do damage based on base energy * x. You can increase x by soft and hard skill point, so get gear with +allskill.

Feedback based on mana is good imo. Its super cheap.
I reach 32k mana with normal rws and tu but it already do 6k arcane torrent damage so I assume 50k mana will do 9k dmg.
9k damage per missile is a lot. what more do you want?
inori92
Pit Knight
113 | 28
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
nofurylion wrote:
inori92 wrote:Is it possible to add some more synergies to enable certain oskills / builds to make them more competitive?

psionic storm do damage based on base energy * x. You can increase x by soft and hard skill point, so get gear with +allskill.

Feedback based on mana is good imo. Its super cheap.
I reach 32k mana with normal rws and tu but it already do 6k arcane torrent damage so I assume 50k mana will do 9k dmg.
9k damage per missile is a lot. what more do you want?

more items or synergies that cater specifically towards the builds being competitively viable?

why would you choose a feedback sorc ever over a melee or poison sorc right now?

who would even play a psionic storm or churel based build? there is no point in having such a big diversity of options if there are 10 better options before them on practically every class
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
You can use yul to staff, xar to sorc chest, thur to circlet + 2 empyrean band and in short anything that give bonus to energy, flat energy, allskill. And put topaz in armor after reach cast rate breakpoint.

I prefer melee with poison for dr% + lightning for tcd and avoid. Bladestorm for mobs and wrathsword for single target. Max baneblade and fussilade.
Debuff mobs with force blast.

If one spell dont have many synergies with provided item, dont think too much to make it work. Check another spell and profit.
There are nerf and buff every patch
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Maybe it is too much information but I'd like to see the displayed synergies to spell damages split.
So you know what part comes from the stats alone and what part you receive due to EF or SF.
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The "Mega Impact" modifier on amazon spears decreases enemy physical resistance. It doesn't synergize with any of the spear skills.

- "Takedown" is just used for the buff, not damage
- "Hyena Strike" does poison damage
- "Great Hunt" has 100% magic conversion
- "Lioness" is a buff
- and "Pounce" doesnt trigger Mega Impact, because it isn't a melee attack

I propose to either:
- change "Mega Inpact" to something else (maybe something that decreases magical or poison resistance)
- or to give her at least one skill that synergizes with it (meaning it must be a melee attack and do at least some physical damage)

edit: or just switch Mega Impact to one of the other 3 class weapon modifiers
2cat
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
too many OHKO monster which give extreme negative gaming experience to players
e.g. a5 normal elite steel crusher which can 1hit ko a decent geared melee class
sounds too gay
hope next patch will remove this retarded setting which prevent people all playing summons build
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
2cat wrote:too many OHKO monster which give extreme negative gaming experience to players
e.g. a5 normal elite steel crusher which can 1hit ko a decent geared melee class
sounds too gay
hope next patch will remove this retarded setting which prevent people all playing summons build

Read new changelog..