MXL 1.3/Temporary Sigma Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Malah
Skeleton
3 | 0
Barb spirits seem to be bugged. Respecced to do JDay "challenge" and my max spirit count is stuck at 2, regardless of skill/trance levels.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Malah wrote:Barb spirits seem to be bugged. Respecced to do JDay "challenge" and my max spirit count is stuck at 2, regardless of skill/trance levels.

I bet somebody would have noticed by now if that was the case, that's a pretty build-ruining issue. Probably a stupid question, but are you actually activating Shamanic Trance? Or maybe you're using some old version?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Sorry for bothering again with the synergy topic, but in my opinion the synergy displays are misleading.

tldr: would be nice to know what Spell damage bonus comes from stats alone, and what bonus comes from Factors (EF + SF , but split up)

My first issue:
Any spell that gains synergies to its damage has a note in the tooltip. In most cases this stat is Energy and it reads: Energy: xxx % increased Damage. In case of Pestilence: Strength and Dexterity: xxx % increased Damage. This displayed number consists of at least 2 parts. The "stat alone Bonus" = 260*(stat+10)/(250+stat) and the "Factor Bonus" = min[Factor*(corresponding stat)/15000, 200].
When it comes to optimizing gear it would be really nice to see whether the "Factor-Bonus" is capped out already or if it is worth investing in getting a higher Factor. If you only se the sum of the different values you have to look up your Values and calculate on your own.

second issue:
Regardless of the stat that is written in the Synergy section. All "Factor Bonuses" are added to the displayed number. In my opinion this is misleading. If I read Energy: xxx Increased Damage I assume, that this number only contains of Energy "stat alone Bonus" and the "EF- Factor Bonus" but not SF factor Bonus too.

third issue:
The Section of Energy Factor in the docs is somehow not entirely accurate. I always thought and understood the explanation in the following way: If you get two sources of Factors (SF and EF), your Spell Damage Bonus is min[EF*ene/15000, 200] + min[SF*str/15000, 200] but in fact the bonus is only min[(SF*str+EF*ene)/15000, 200]. So getting another source of Spell Damage Factor is useless if the other Factor Bonus is capped already.
dark-soul
Vampiress
36 | 10
good to see ppl asking about this, because im into it too^^

1. do i understand this EF part in the formula "min[(EF*ene)/15000, 200]" correctly, that this means i can get at maximum +200% spell dmg, or less, if (EF*ene) isnt high enough, so thats a hard cap then?

2. is it confirmed, that its not just the EF section, but also in case of SF, that min[(SF*str+EF*ene)/15000, 200] is capped at 200% to spell dmg?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I‘d love the act 3 chests in the jungle to open quickly and not waste time.
Webbhead08
Acid Prince
45 | 1
I updated MXl and D2Stats reader on my desktop at my parents house just now, game runs fine but when I run D2stats I get:

Failed too many times in a row check log. Log reads:
[UpdateHandle] Couldn't open Diablo II memory handle. (error: 3; extended: 0)

I have tried running as admin, and I have been running d2stats for ages no problem. Home for Xmas... any thoughts? Thanks as always Team -

Edit: running version 1.13c, Windows 7, and tried running as Admin as well
dark-soul
Vampiress
36 | 10
A configureable (or default) hotkey would be nice for transmute button of cube... so shrine crafting can go faster (mouse can stay on item to read and decide wheather good or not...).

And the system in Diablo 3, putting an item from inventory into stash or into cube and backwards with one (right)click, would be forward-looking too in median. Would spare 50% of all clicks.

Is this a tread to post ideas for next versions too? Or just "issues"?
oskaroso8
Destroyer
7 | 0
- TSW
- Launcher
- No

Got a problem with completing BRC on my necro. When im trying to upgrade soulstone shard nothing happens, I only lose my arcane crystals
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dark-soul wrote:A configureable (or default) hotkey would be nice for transmute button of cube... so shrine crafting can go faster (mouse can stay on item to read and decide wheather good or not...).

And the system in Diablo 3, putting an item from inventory into stash or into cube and backwards with one (right)click, would be forward-looking too in median. Would spare 50% of all clicks.

Is this a tread to post ideas for next versions too? Or just "issues"?

1.) already implemented if you've seen the trailer for sigma.

2.) already implemented if you've seen the trailer for sigma or any screenshots.

3.) suggestions thread. this is a feedback thread for possible bugs and comments on something being too strong or improper balance
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
oskaroso8 wrote:- TSW
- Launcher
- No

Got a problem with completing BRC on my necro. When im trying to upgrade soulstone shard nothing happens, I only lose my arcane crystals

do you have all of the trials complete