What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Playing:
1. Rise & Shine
Shoot Em up that have beautiful art but freaking hard to play with controller, so i changed to keyboard + mouse instead. It is kinda like asshole mario which instead reward careful gameplay but a lot of try and error. It much less fun when you die in 1 hit. Best mechanic of the game is "curve the bullet" where you can switch around fast rapid fire straight bullet vs slow remote controlled bullet. Seem like game is very short, so i play like 1 level per day (2 hours only.. really)

2. Immortal Redneck
Another nice fps rogue-lite that kinda have fast blazing speed of moving around. The game emphasize on movement and platforming, but suffer severely with "POW!" effect of the gameplay. It kinda lacked of explosive feedback (mostly hit sound). Probably one of roguelite fps that I can recommend as you can easily upgrade your gear if you think are terrible with the game. Best play with heavy metal or something as sound is not relevant. (Other similar game that I played a bit is ziggurat and tower of guns, which have unlock, but doesnt have upgrade iirc)

Finished:
1. Resident Evil Revelations
Ok, this is kinda fun to play with controller since it was designed for 3ds. But sadly it felt OP with keyboard an mouse, which I used because several boss fight is too hard for my controller. Game play is kinda neat, you have traditional game like RE4, ability to customize and upgrade your weapon, and a detective camera which used to get more health pill, scanning enemy, finding hidden item and collectible. Game considered more arcade than most other RE title. 12 episode, which have 2 or more section which I finished in 9 hours. Best of the game is probably when you realized that you actually exploring whole ship (it not clear at first couple of episode) as you there are many locked door that required you to find specific keys. Making it fun "1 huge ship exploration" like the first RE. If im not mistaken, this storyline is before RE1 with Jill and Chris.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
iwansquall wrote:Finished:
1. Resident Evil Revelations If im not mistaken, this storyline is before RE1 with Jill and Chris.

Its between RE4 and RE5. Chris and Jill were already part of the BSAA during Revelations, whereas they were part of S.T.A.R.S. on Raccoon City during RE1.
kingpin
Prowler
17 | 2
Current games I'm playing:

World of Warcraft: Think everyone knows what this is, online mmo set in warcraft universe. I have been playing this since US beta. Since live server played in eu since start. Only have a few months break during this time. So 13 years of playing WoW ;)

Heartstone: This is my favorite card game that I never stop. Also played since beta and never stopped. I like to design decks I love play even if this means your winrate fall below 50%.

It Lurks Below: This is awesome new game in early access. That reminds about a mix of Terraria and diablo. Many elements from diablo is there. This is a one man solo team by David Brevik (creator of diablo 1 & 2). I recommed everyone to try it out, its awesome comunity on his discord and he is always open for suggestions/improvements in the game. He is adding special events to the game, that is enabled for limited of time. Currently there is a vinter event up and running. He have also worked hard on implement hand controll support lately.

Two Point Hostital: I got this as christmas present, and its just an awesome game. Strategic part reminds about the sims. But, this is in hospital setting, where you have to handle economy, research, satisfy your customers. In beginning this game was more feeling like a tutorial. But, then you get further in the real challenges starts.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
His voice could cure cancer ....

iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bought command & conquer ultimate collection because i want to study the game lore.
Atm I have been active playing command & conquer rivals, pretty quite high skill ceiling for the game.
Give it a try for short tactical game with simplified build order, strategy, and meta.

Since I saw Titanfall 2 is pretty cheap as well, bought it and installing it atm.
6 hours short campaign gameplay for 1 1/2 lunch money should be neat.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Rerolling a Witch on PoE. RE2 Remake later this month so i got to look forward to.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
About half an hour ago :

https://streamable.com/k0g39

goteem

GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
I recently bought DUSK, a retro FPS. It's pretty cool, though the lack of a map is occasionally frustrating. The graphics are somewhat muddy, but the level design is on point, there are little secrets all over the place, the gunplay works, there's a wide variety of horrible monsters to use the guns on, and the monsters are both visually and behaviourally distinct. Every one of the guns has a specific role, and the only one that really becomes obsolete is your starting melee weapon, a pair of sickles. It's a cool game. Pity about the ending, though.

Before that, I got my hands on a free copy of Hard Reset Redux, and man, this game did not age well. The graphics are shiny, but the art style is boring - the first two thirds of the game are generally monochrome dull grey with bleepy lights all over, and so are the enemies. Speaking of enemies, they are limited in both variation and behaviour, with the weaker enemies dying very quickly and the stronger ones taking waaay too much fire before going down.

The weapon system does have a neat touch in that you're only carrying two guns, but each of them can shapeshift into five different forms to fire different kinds of projectiles, so you have an assault rifle that can become a shotgun, a grenade launcher, a rocket launcher, and a proximity mine launcher. On the other hand, you have a plasma rifle that can turn into a lightning gun, an electric grenade launcher, a railgun and a wallpiercing smartgun with homing bullets, and all of these have a secondary function. Some are boring, like a scope, but others allow you to temporarily stun enemies or launch homing projectiles, or in the case of the smartgun, launch massive volleys of homing, wallpiercing projectiles at a given enemy. And there's a katana which is mostly useful for chopping through zombies. :roll: Like we don't get enough zombies as it is.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
as a morrowinf and skyrim player i wanted to give oblibion a shot, i got some grqphical improvement mods and gave it a go.
i must say i dont understand the hype about this gamd at all:
- gui is terrible, prolly because the console release
- fighting and the gameplay in general doesnt feel fluent, not lagg wise just in general
- map is terrible
- world seems big, but like daggerfall, alot empty space without real content
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finally found my super old external hard disk that have broken casing.
I noticed it was old sata 2 connector, so I plugged in my pc. And it works!
Thankfully I have few hundred more GBs to install game around with.

Just recently played:
1. Yakuza 0
Gosh, this game is dope. The mini game is funny although the combat seem lacked some polished. Story wise, it remind me of Sleeping Dogs which I finished about 6 months ago, but this seem more toward smaller scale for the town. I have reach open area, but I dunno either if I should rush storyline or doing other stuff instead, so time will tell.

2. Sundered
Ok, one simple way to describe this game "Chaos". I was told that this game is hybrid action platformer, with metroidvania concept. So even though you have specific goal and upgrade you need to unlock, the procedural area is more like a gauntlet like ARPG. But my god this game have tons of issues, from endless spawning monster in certain area, enemy spawning randomly even in place you already cleared, flying monster able to phase through wall, ranged enemy can freaking firing their laser from across the screen. I dunno how ppl can enjoy this game, or speed run, but all I find is the messy without proper tool to clear them. There are too many times where a simple crowd control skill would be nice, but you only stuck with normal attack with some combo, finisher (terrible tbh), a cannon which act like mobility boost backward, and dodge rolling with limited amount. I would probably just stick with 1 playthrough, maybe I shouldve just stick to normal. Hard difficulty feel like artificially hard without proper thought on game design.