Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
dongpickle
Stygian Watcher
40 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
If I donate via this website I get TG, right?

How much TG do I get for each USD?

how about being a patreon? $5 a month really doesn't seem like a lot. but then again do they get TG monthly?

again thanks for the replies :) a small community with lots of love.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dongpickle wrote:If I donate via this website I get TG, right?

How much TG do I get for each USD?

how about being a patreon? $5 a month really doesn't seem like a lot. but then again do they get TG monthly?

again thanks for the replies :) a small community with lots of love.

it is 10tg per $1 USD, through the MXL paypal which you can get to through the Donate button
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
GreyRook wrote:
Oobi-Banooby wrote:Can someone explain to me what the full rejuvenation potion does and how it differs from the small rejuvenation potion?

To my understanding, the Full rejuvenation potion is just the normal rejuv potion but better. The normal potion recovers 100% of life and mana in... eight seconds, I think it was? I can't remember. The full rejuv potion does the same in six seconds. It might not seem like much, but if you'll notice the difference if you're in the middle of a fight.

If you can't do ubers, what's a good way to get your hands on set and sacred items in Terror?

Pick up an A3 merc and run Tcows. At the very most you'll need to put a fascinating craft armor on it but even naked is fine if u take it slow. Lightning arena helps with CC and summons make good fodder. The merc can kill the cows by himself if u have no dmg.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
IBagboyBrownI wrote:Pick up an A3 merc and run Tcows. At the very most you'll need to put a fascinating craft armor on it but even naked is fine if u take it slow. Lightning arena helps with CC and summons make good fodder. The merc can kill the cows by himself if u have no dmg.

*checks wiki* Why a fascinating shrine specifically? Wiki says it adds fire damage and reduces fire resistance of your enemies. Or am I missing something? Bear in mind that I'm a scrub and haven't done any shrinecrafting before this.

What class of merc from A3? Or does that matter? I'm currently using the one I got for free from a1 because I'm loath to throw away anything useful, and that character hasn't been able to defeat Baal yet. I'm using an Iron Spiral barb, trying to follow the guide by TKorpi and apparently not doing very well. As such, I only invested a single point into the minion skills.
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
GreyRook wrote:What class of merc from A3? Or does that matter? I'm currently using the one I got for free from a1 because I'm loath to throw away anything useful, and that character hasn't been able to defeat Baal yet. I'm using an Iron Spiral barb, trying to follow the guide by TKorpi and apparently not doing very well. As such, I only invested a single point into the minion skills.

From act 3, the two most used mercs are Bloodmage (ranged caster good for melee characters) and Abjurer (melee good for ranged characters). Bloodmage primarily uses fire/poison spells and Abjurer uses lightning/...physical? not sure there on the physical. So, fascinating crafts for the Bloodmage and ornate crafts for the Abjurer.

GreyRook wrote:I'm loath to throw away anything useful

If you want my opinion: I'm a 'collector' so I feel your pain, one of the hardest lessons Median has taught me: nothing much is worth keeping. Sacred unique's / Set items and a few Sacrad Rares for your current build, an off-build or two, is all you should be looking to keep - everything else is craftable or easily obtained. The game is much more enjoyable when you're not agonizing over keeping that rare that you might someday use on a build you might someday play.

As for your build, can't help there, sorry.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
BTracer wrote:From act 3, the two most used mercs are Bloodmage (ranged caster good for melee characters) and Abjurer (melee good for ranged characters). Bloodmage primarily uses fire/poison spells and Abjurer uses lightning/...physical? not sure there on the physical. So, fascinating crafts for the Bloodmage and ornate crafts for the Abjurer.

Okay, so I guess I should've bought an Abjurer for my throwsin then, especially since my char and merc share elements - fire and poison.

Yes, physical. Singularity deals physical damage. I guess it makes sense that being spaghettified would deal phys damage - it's either that or 'pure' damage like Purify, and I suppose that that would be overpowered. I suppose you could argue that Hawking radiation would count as a poison effect, but again, that might be overpowered. Singularities are Bad Things to get near.

Also, what are the most popular mercs overall, and for what builds? I'm curious. None of the guides I've read mention what mercs to use, so I just ended up sticking with the default.
BTracer wrote:If you want my opinion: I'm a 'collector' so I feel your pain, one of the hardest lessons Median has taught me: nothing much is worth keeping. Sacred unique's / Set items and a few Sacrad Rares for your current build, an off-build or two, is all you should be looking to keep - everything else is craftable or easily obtained. The game is much more enjoyable when you're not agonizing over keeping that rare that you might someday use on a build you might someday play.

Guess that makes sense, though I kinda feel like I'm doing that already in regards to gear.
BTracer wrote:As for your build, can't help there, sorry.

That's okay, I wasn't expecting you to. :)

And if you don't mind me asking, who is your avatar? I'm curious.
Kopalec
Skeleton
2 | 0
I hate to ask, but I've run into a snag. In act3 and obtained all but the heart. Looked in Kurast sewers as quest states, but didn't drop from any kills and the gold chest only gives me magic items and gems after multiple resets. Didn't see anything listed in last couple patch notes or documentation on this forum either.

Thanks
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Then you probably already have the heart if it's not dropping for you.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
Kopalec wrote:I hate to ask, but I've run into a snag. In act3 and obtained all but the heart. Looked in Kurast sewers as quest states, but didn't drop from any kills and the gold chest only gives me magic items and gems after multiple resets. Didn't see anything listed in last couple patch notes or documentation on this forum either.

Thanks

You mention a gold chest, did you use the one on the second level of the sewers, or the one on the first level? Because only the chest on the second level will actually drop the heart.

You get to the second level by using a lever to open a stairwell. The lever is marked in red on the map once you see it, but a better marker is the fact that in Median, it is guarded by a pack of Sinners led by a super-unique. So you know you've found it when you start getting Pyroblasts thrown at you.
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
GreyRook wrote:Also, what are the most popular mercs overall, and for what builds? I'm curious. None of the guides I've read mention what mercs to use, so I just ended up sticking with the default.

If there is a consensus, I think it would be a5 barb. Personally I've almost never used one, not in recent history at least, but pretty sure they out damage and out survive any other merc, by how much I can't say.

GreyRook wrote:And if you don't mind me asking, who is your avatar? I'm curious.

Sorry again, just a random face that I thought looked troll-y. Can't tell if he's laughing at you, or with you.