Update notes sooner?

Discuss Median XL!
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
So with the larger than normal amount of updates/changes with the Sigma upgrade, can we get the notes maybe 7 days early instead of the normal 2 or 3 Plz? Need to plan the attack!
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
People really don't have any patience nowadays.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Usually the patch notes release 1 day prior to the patch itself. That’s enough imho. But in all honesty, I‘d much prefer no patch notes at all for an experience that depends on what you find out yourself, except for changed cube recipes and such basic information. That‘d be the best way to get to know the patch, like it was the case back when runewords were introduced to cLoD, but I guess I‘m pretty much the only one with that opinion.
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
Jampula wrote:People really don't have any patience nowadays.

Why did it take you SO LONG to say that??? Geeze
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This question has been asked endlessly for weeks. just wait.
stanbsl
Sasquatch
67 | 1

You should see /r/dota2.
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
I am usually fine with getting them the day before, but if this is going to be an immense book of text for the next update log, I would prefer it a day early. It's not the balance changes necessarily, but the actual game mechanic changes, new hotkeys, changes in interface, layout changes, etc. that myself and others would like plenty of time to familiarize themselves with.

I'm not poking for a week early post of patch notes, but the day prior with an abundance of changes is a lot to internalize the day before release.
Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views

eh idk if it's about patience. It would make sense to get them at least several days in advance. The day before doesn't really give everyone a chance to read them.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Considering this release directed towards the newcomers in the first place, i.e. from vanilla d2 and its mods, PoE and some more ARPGs, I doubt that the usual change log format would be appropriate. It should describe the difference between the cLoD and Sigma but without any particular details and numbers. Obviously writing such an "essay" would require a significant amount of time and effort, why waste it on the regular version log? Going through every change and its iteration and compiling it into a massive write up just to realize it's a completely different game, is it worth it? Anyway it's just a wild guess and I might be wrong, although it would be a missed opportunity if that's the case.
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Regardless who this is directed towards, this should have specifics on any balance changes from the previous patch. If they intend on patching blind, we should be known about it before hand, not after the patch hits and we realize "oh wait, they aren't including changes".

And just because they are targeting players new to median does not mean the veterans and regulars should be neglected. This goes both ways, does it not?

I know some are of the opinion that blind patching is a positive thing, but in my opinion it's quite distasteful. I like knowing what is being altered and playing around it.

All-in-all, in the least I expect to see similar formatting to balance changes in the notes if there are any. It is appreciated among a lot of players still yet.