Discuss Median XL!
silicondream
Lava Lord
95 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Make a new character(charm dependant) give him a jewel and the class charm. Transmute them in the cube and you are pretty much done.Thats a common hc strat.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
HechtHeftig wrote:Yes. Trollphase = 100% avoid, so as long as you can see through them (they become transparent when they use their trollphase) you should just ignore them and only attack again when they lose the buff.

Ah, that explains it. :)

Anyway, I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the bugs thread, but I have a recurring problem with the Assassin class. You see, the Perfect Being skill is practically indispensible for the 'sin due to the huge avoid it provides, but I've found that when my character levels past... 50, 55 or so, the avoid the skill gives plummets from over sixty percent to about fourty. This basically cripples my build and has so far happened to two characters independently. This is very annoying and, if it is intentional, seems to be undocumented. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? The only change I can think of that might be responsible is that I beat Nihlathak and equipped a better piece of body armour, but that makes no sense.

edit: and as a sidenote, what does the "ignore target's defense" modifier do? Does it just make it so that you always hit whatever you're swinging at, or something else?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
PB was reworked to provide better Avoid in early levels. IIrc you can find it in the patchnotes and yeah unfortunately this causes this 'jump' in the value.
ITD modifier sets Chance to hit for weapon damage projectiles or hits either to 95% or 100% (idk exactly). Most Bosses are immune to that though.
silicondream
Lava Lord
95 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@GreyRook The skill itself is great no doubt about that but as any other skill you should read it carefully.The skill is made in such way because of balance.For the lower levels (where sins have biggest hp problems) the skill provides a lot of avoidance. And starting around lvl 50-55 like you noticed the ballance kicks in.

And for the 2nd part https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ignore_Target%27s_Defense
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I think this belongs in this thread, I'm not sure. But:

Does anyone know how many updates there will be before we have Sigma in it's entirety? Sources say it isn't gonna be just 1 patch so I was wondering.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Bagboy_Brown wrote:I think this belongs in this thread, I'm not sure. But:

Does anyone know how many updates there will be before we have Sigma in it's entirety? Sources say it isn't gonna be just 1 patch so I was wondering.

Median 2017 already introduced Sigma content with the uber location change. So if you want to include that:
Median 2017 1.0
Median 2017 1.1
Median 2017 1.2
Median 2017 1.3

Then the next patch is already sigma and only very few changes are not included yet like the bounty system and the shared stash between all character. That'll come the patch afterwards. So in total 6 patches.
But that's just an assumption. It's not really important either, because the team works hard to provide all the content nonetheless. Good things happen to patient people ;)
arkolyno
Acid Prince
49 | 1
Bagboy_Brown wrote:I think this belongs in this thread, I'm not sure. But:

Hey it's literaly all over the internet.
Here on this site, on the main page you have the sigma trailer and news post.
Also there is a counter on the top right side of the site. I mean come one, it's literally in front of your eyes.

If you mean all the original sigma features promised , well no game is ever complete, even diablo 2 lod had patches coming out 10 years after release. So no game is ever finished, the imagination is the limit.
But the real sigma update is coming in 7 days and is complete, otherwise it won't release. Anything after that is just icing on the cake.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
mortimer_85 wrote:PB was reworked to provide better Avoid in early levels. IIrc you can find it in the patchnotes and yeah unfortunately this causes this 'jump' in the value.

silicondream wrote:The skill itself is great no doubt about that but as any other skill you should read it carefully.The skill is made in such way because of balance.For the lower levels (where sins have biggest hp problems) the skill provides a lot of avoidance. And starting around lvl 50-55 like you noticed the ballance kicks in.

Oh, I see. My mistake. Pity. I mean, I can see their reasoning, but I still think it's a bit of a pity to spring that on you after you've starting finalizing your build.

mortimer_85 wrote:ITD modifier sets Chance to hit for weapon damage projectiles or hits either to 95% or 100% (idk exactly). Most Bosses are immune to that though.

silicondream wrote:And for the 2nd part https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... 7s_Defense

Ah, that explains it. Thank you for your time.
mongrel
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
silicondream wrote:Make a new character(charm dependant) give him a jewel and the class charm. Transmute them in the cube and you are pretty much done.Thats a common hc strat.

Thanks! Will it work with a gem for Lvl2 challenge as well if I missed that one?

Also - what about the elemental thingie that I was supposed to get the 3 Witch stones for?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mongrel wrote:
silicondream wrote:Make a new character(charm dependant) give him a jewel and the class charm. Transmute them in the cube and you are pretty much done.Thats a common hc strat.

Thanks! Will it work with a gem for Lvl2 challenge as well if I missed that one?

Also - what about the elemental thingie that I was supposed to get the 3 Witch stones for?

shitty hc strat. just do the challenge, its not hard.

but anyways, you can't do that for LC2. LC2 required your char to do terror death projector before level 90, and there really isn't a way to get a lvl 1 character to terror act 3 for that.