Enhancements to Trading

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
I lack an understanding of exactly how this would work or who to talk to regarding it, but I have felt the sheer lack of desire to continually update my shop threads the past few seasons and I imagine others feel the same at some point.

Before I propose my idea, I definitely do not have the resources or knowledge to implement this, as I know someone is going to tell me if I can do it then do it. I am merely suggesting.

What is the possibility that a tool can be made that will grab information when doing a mouse-over that can be copy-pasted? In an ideal world, it would also be able to pull rolls, and can simply be CTRL+V 'd on to your post in the form of a hyperlink that can be viewed via mouse-over. If nothing else, it can at least post the item without rolls, or with in purely text form, though I could see the latter seriously cluttering trade posts. I assume this is the most reasonable QoL, as many other solutions are quite difficult to script and are time investment heavy.

Thoughts?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I think the d2 clicker - tool has a way of reading the Text from ingame colors. If it was possible to automatically convert it into text and add the item tags, you could just let the program list all the items in a txt file and just copy and paste it manually to the forumthread.

I don‘t know though how much effort that would take.
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
D2Stats (found under Game>Tools) can copy item text (the whole tooltip, stats and all) to clipboard with an in-game hotkey. If you have any ability to use autoit or autohotkey it should be trivial to take it a step farther and add whatever formatting you need (assuming you don't just want to do it manually).
Jerrif
Prowler
16 | 4
I think what he wants is to expand the forum functionality that lets you do this:
Abyssus
to also include custom items, like rares and crafts. It's a nice idea, but would have to be implemented on the forum side (or in a Chrome extension, I guess :think: ).
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Jerrif gets the gist. It would be ideal for that to apply to sets and uniques as well to show rolls.

I was not aware D2Stats was capable of that. That will assist for sure, but as stated in the original post, it would be fantastic to avoid that to mitigate clutter. Even with a proper script, plain text rather than a mouse-over would be much less appealing to the eyes, barring the use of spoilers.

EDIT: Another alternative is to somehow pull information of specific rolls, that way when copy+pasted you are given the variables rather than the entire list of text from the item that you can merely paste after your hyperlink. I feel like if you can go that far though, forum integration isn't far from it. But again I have no clue.
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
Revelations wrote:Jerrif gets the gist. It would be ideal for that to apply to sets and uniques as well to show rolls.

I was not aware D2Stats was capable of that. That will assist for sure, but as stated in the original post, it would be fantastic to avoid that to mitigate clutter. Even with a proper script, plain text rather than a mouse-over would be much less appealing to the eyes, barring the use of spoilers.

EDIT: Another alternative is to somehow pull information of specific rolls, that way when copy+pasted you are given the variables rather than the entire list of text from the item that you can merely paste after your hyperlink. I feel like if you can go that far though, forum integration isn't far from it. But again I have no clue.

Now that I think about it THIS may be of use. Not sure if it has the capabilities you seek, but the 'backend' seems to have everything needed to do what you want. Maybe leave a request there?
Sarnith
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
What about something similar to what's used in PoE to link up with PoE trade? It automatically posts your stuff based on how you set up the stash tabs in PoE -- Is something like this doable for here? It would certainly solve all of your concerns, as well as making a more ease of access for trading for players in general.
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
I didn't suggest that simply because it may be a bit too much. It's far more likely that we can use a script to copy-paste.