TLDR Mana Sorc

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
lemoncoolers
Fallen
1 | 0
First of all, huge shout out to aerial for his guide format which is just too good not to copy. http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22675

The goal of this guide is to show you my personal take on a mana sorc in median xl sigma 1.0. This is how I personally chose to build the character and it has worked out very well for me. There are lots of different ways to approach building a sorc and some may be more efficient and min-maxy than what I chose to do but, having said that, at no point did I feel that I was struggling on this character in any way against any content so far. The character has done all challenges, rifts, and dungeons at the minimum level they could be done (up until its current lvl 120) and had no real problems with any of them.

STATS: only put in as much STR and DEX as you need to equip gear. Everything else goes into Energy. That’s all there is to it.

EARLY ON
farm some arcane crystals and make some tiered uniques. These should carry you for quite a while.
Weapon: Demoncall (shortstaff)
Body Armor: Queen of Glass (Ancient Armor)
Helm: Topspin (Skull Cap) or The Celestial Crown (Circlet)
Gloves: anything, really. MO some spell damage and flat energy onto anything decent you find.
Belt: Moonwrap (Sash)
Boots: Lionpaw (Chain Boots)
Amulet: anything with energy factor to spell damage, +attributes, spell damage, or cast speed.
Rings: +skills, flat energy, flat mana, spell damage.
Mystic Orbs: MANA REGEN on rings and amulet.
Sockets: MANA REGEN, % energy, % mana, max resists etc.

END GAME

Weapon: Elemental Storm (sacred unique) gnarled staff
Body Armor: Queen of Glass
Helm: Warmage’s Breath (sacred unique) full helm
Gloves: Apehand (sacred unique) leather gloves
Belt: runeword On
Boots: Lionpaw
Amulet: anything with energy factor to spell damage, +attributes, spell damage, or cast speed.
Rings: +skills, flat energy, flat mana, spell damage.
Mystic Orbs: MANA REGEN on rings and amulet.
Sockets: MANA REGEN, % energy, % mana, max resists etc.

Image Image Image

HOW TO PLAY
I usually start out with a chronofield then spam arcane torrent on most trash mobs. Use mana sweep to gain back mana when needed. For single target I dump my mana with either antimass or force blast then spam immersion. The idea is to achieve enough mana regen so you don't run out of mana when spamming immersion so you can remain at low mana for maximum damage.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
You need to add some uber details and strategies on how to do them. Ubers are the reason a person comes to a guide and without it its practically useless as lvling a build is not so hard.

Additionally, i see no mention of what you have in sockets and what to mo, both very important for a sorc

The guide might get moved to archive if it is not updated
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Queen of glass and lionpaw as a end game item choice seems a bit weird.

No mid game items? You just skip tu's from su's ?
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
This is honestly worse than some chuck guides, not only should you remake the guide, but your sorc. Or straight up delete it.

Items are not optimal, using different useless sets for a build that isn't even hard to gear in the first place? I had my laughs in the past at "guides" but this is just spam bot tier of a post.

sorry :coolstorybob:

edit: Ignorance is a choice when there is online play, the internet and general testing. 99% of the items you listed are not only not ideal, but bad. If you're new to the mod and to mana sorc then I would strongly suggest to not post a guide but to clear through all the content and figure out what's the ideal gear progression and tips/tricks that makes it smoother. By the looks of it nothing of this has been done. If this can go through hell without x100+ deaths i'm suprised :drama: