[MXLS] Charms Overhaul

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
ademite
Skeleton
3 | 0
i've gotten up to 3 su's from nith, i find a sssu from him everytime i farm him for a good 3-4 hour sesh, each one taking 5-10 mins. Within 1 hour I already have at least 7-10 su's.
Gr33D!
Cultist
22 | 0
¿how many tg we are talking xD?
ori
Gravedigger
191 | 40
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
due to charms overhaul, would it be possible to bring back old attribute challenges, along with no stat signets?
so for example level 50 tran athulua wil require also more than a half unspent stat points at level 50, maybe around 350, or endead challenge
at level 80 with unspent 600 stat points, there could be also challange with destruction baal and shardspawns with like unspent 1000 stats but no maximum level to do, that if two auras stack (from baal and from shardspawns) there could be small bonus like +1 skill and 20 to all attributes.

imo, and only imo this would bring "challange" to an actual challenges and not make them only walkabout overkills they are now.
that way, farming 500 signets would be unnecessary anymore, so ubercharms could also be scaled down due to base 1000+ stat points.

For example - 3 (only 3!!) charms will decide if you need to pack stats into strength to wear equipement - Quov Tsin, Judgement Day, and Vizjun and they have gigantic impact on gameplay from my experience. Scaling down monster hitpoints could be done along with scaling down charms power, so quov tsin and judgement day could have somewhere around +20-30 to all attributwes.

Also to add value to replaying uberquests, each one of them could have trophy for scaled bomus, depending on difficulty. For example butcher trophy could add +15% enchanted damage, khalimgrad trophy +10 to attributes, belial trophy (!) for poison length and curse length reduction, and bull prince rodeo trophy (!) for <insert small bonus here>

I really have alot of ideas to make less harder uberquests worth doing, some of them might be just silly but in end-game gameplay it could make game more exciting than just running dunc-ta-sewers-fauzt.

no flaming please, it's just my personal ideas/feedback
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Not a flaming but a simple question: have you actually completed classic attribute challenges back in MXL 2008? Lots of things were different, most important being the 10 stat points gained per each level (so each char gained more than 2000 total statpoints). No idea how you gonna kill DBaal spending only a few skillpoints if nothing else is revamped (bare hands with T1 Leather Armor?) :)
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
@Orient, idea of having optional challenges is always cool, but in the end noone considers it as optional and on top there are 2 problems:

1. We now have builds that deal dmg based on hard points to energy
2. free respec to regain all spent points
ori
Gravedigger
191 | 40
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Stealthmaster wrote:Not a flaming but a simple question: have you actually completed classic attribute challenges back in MXL 2008? Lots of things were different, most important being the 10 stat points gained per each level (so each char gained more than 2000 total statpoints). No idea how you gonna kill DBaal spending only a few skillpoints if nothing else is revamped (bare hands with T1 Leather Armor?) :)

Yes i did, I think i forgot to mention that imo 10 stats/level with ac is better than farming sigs. About baal kill, assuming you have most of charms and very good gear, along with no level requirement to do it it's meant to be end-game "challenge" just to get extra bonus on class charm. Btw 120x10 is 1200 not 2000 ;D
ori
Gravedigger
191 | 40
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RollsRoyce wrote:@Orient, idea of having optional challenges is always cool, but in the end noone considers it as optional and on top there are 2 problems:

1. We now have builds that deal dmg based on hard points to energy
2. free respec to regain all spent points

1. Yes, very good point. Casters will get hard time, i missed that one completely.

2. Thats why for example level 50 challenge will need more than half unspent skillpoints, but try to do current tran athulua with unspent 300-350 stat point anyway ;D it'll still be insanely hard to do
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
if i could wish for something itd be the removal of the dumb features of some of the harder uberbosses.

1. I mean is there any non stupid way to kill mnx, like at all?
2. Uldy - i think the bossfight as it was a few patches ago, with him actually being offensive, was alot more fun than it is now, killing him while he is running into a corner is just not what a bossfight should be
3. Witch - the edges of the map should actually kill you by the darkness itself - would actually make this fight a little more challenging and fun.
4. heroic shield should be balanced for magic dmg - any build thats made around magic dmg is unviable from scratch because you cannot kill any heroic with it. Let it drop up to 0% magic res instead of idk 85% since pierce is not available at all (this might be alot more balanced with the pierce being gone so idk)
ori
Gravedigger
191 | 40
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RollsRoyce wrote:if i could wish for something itd be the removal of the dumb features of some of the harder uberbosses.

1. I mean is there any non stupid way to kill mnx, like at all?
2. Uldy - i think the bossfight as it was a few patches ago, with him actually being offensive, was alot more fun than it is now, killing him while he is running into a corner is just not what a bossfight should be
3. Witch - the edges of the map should actually kill you by the darkness itself - would actually make this fight a little more challenging and fun.
4. heroic shield should be balanced for magic dmg - any build thats made around magic dmg is unviable from scratch because you cannot kill any heroic with it. Let it drop up to 0% magic res instead of idk 85% since pierce is not available at all (this might be alot more balanced with the pierce being gone so idk)

1. yeah, true i think non-instakilling boss purify should be better, or maybe something triune-like?

2. i don't know i had to miss uldyssian in different patches, i fought only static one when you could afk him and current, running one

3. Yes, withc might be okay but if you want to get killed by darkness she needs less hp of fight will take even longer.

4. Yeah but i could be difficult to do, maybe if basic magic resistance would be -100, then it might be fair for magic damage characters as they dont have any possible pierce except doom (-10%) that won't even proc from magic damage kills
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
for 4. its just adjusting 2 numbers in the random(min,max) function for magic res and you are good to go