[MXLDB] Skill Calculator

Discuss Median XL!
qweqwe
Cog
230 | 4
suchbalance wrote:Thanks guys :)

Also fixed a bug with Fire Splash's damage (it was a lot lower than it is supposed to be).

Fire splash's damage now is reported per second though. The per second thing sounds more applicable to poison damage.

Also Hive damage seems to be approx. 33% lower in the calculator as opposed to what it shows in the skill icon in game.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
@Fire splash - that is correct. There are many skills that use fire damage over time missiles (path of flames, wild fire, pyroblast, fire wall in clod etc.).

@Hive - just checked and it is correct on my end. Remember that the calc reports PER SECOND, and LCS in game reports over the total duration.
Deva
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
suchbalance wrote: Remember that the calc reports PER SECOND.

So we can use this number to calculate the damage per frame (only in theory) by dividing it by 25, then easily find out if it already hit the cap or not, doesn't it?

I still not understand much about meaning of this "per second", because of the difference between 2 kinds of projectiles, one is multi-hit (hit many times per second, i.e. mindflay) and another is instant hit (i.e flamefront). For the instant hit case, the "per second" mean 1 hit (also 1 projectile) , is it correct?

If I got 500 mindflay damage and 500 flamefront damage via the calc, that means mindflay does 20 damage (500/25) for the first frame, and only 160 per second in reality (I assumed MF would hit ~8 times/sec since ND=3) while flamefront does 500 damage for the first frame (also for whole second) because it's instant, don't they? I'm so curious!

anw, so sorry because I still not had enough post to give a cookie for your beautiful works! keep it :mrgreen:
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
wow this is amazing :) thanks!
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Deva wrote:So we can use this number to calculate the damage per frame (only in theory) by dividing it by 25, then easily find out if it already hit the cap or not, doesn't it?

I still not understand much about meaning of this "per second", because of the difference between 2 kinds of projectiles, one is multi-hit (hit many times per second, i.e. mindflay) and another is instant hit (i.e flamefront). For the instant hit case, the "per second" mean 1 hit (also 1 projectile) , is it correct?

If I got 500 mindflay damage and 500 flamefront damage via the calc, that means mindflay does 20 damage (500/25) for the first frame, and only 160 per second in reality (I assumed MF would hit ~8 times/sec since ND=3) while flamefront does 500 damage for the first frame (also for whole second) because it's instant, don't they? I'm so curious!

anw, so sorry because I still not had enough post to give a cookie for your beautiful works! keep it :mrgreen:

No, the only thing reported per second is poison damage (because it is damage over time) and a few fire skills which have a hit function that does a lot of small hits per second and so the game approximates it as a DoT too. Everything else is damage per hit.

500 damage mind flay = every mind flay hit does 500 damage. Mind flay has 3 frame ND so it can have at most 8.33 hits per second (if you cast fast enough). 500 flamefront damage = every fireball does 500. So it does 500X per cast, where X is the number of fireballs that hit the enemy.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
And this is why you should max Miasma.

Thank you again, for nice tool.
Deva
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
suchbalance wrote:No, the only thing reported per second is poison damage (because it is damage over time) and a few fire skills which have a hit function that does a lot of small hits per second and so the game approximates it as a DoT too. Everything else is damage per hit.

500 damage mind flay = every mind flay hit does 500 damage. Mind flay has 3 frame ND so it can have at most 8.33 hits per second (if you cast fast enough). 500 flamefront damage = every fireball does 500. So it does 500X per cast, where X is the number of fireballs that hit the enemy.

Wow, it's much more better than what I'd thought, great!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
You're doing *insert deity's name here* 's work. Good stuff.
qweqwe
Cog
230 | 4
suchbalance wrote:@Hive - Remember that the calc reports PER SECOND, and LCS in game reports over the total duration.

Yes, that's why I looked at the skill icon and calculated the damage PER SECOND instead of looking at the LCS (else the difference wouldn't be 33%, but multiples of 5 or 6 times depending on duration). skill level was taken directly from skill icon, so that can't be off. Str and Energy from LCS. I tried to account for all sources of +spell damage, +pois spell damage, +str factor and +energy factor but I must have missed something then. Good that whist has a modified character screen for sigma so it will be easier to access all these.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
qweqwe wrote:
suchbalance wrote:@Hive - Remember that the calc reports PER SECOND, and LCS in game reports over the total duration.

Yes, that's why I looked at the skill icon and calculated the damage PER SECOND instead of looking at the LCS (else the difference wouldn't be 33%, but multiples of 5 or 6 times depending on duration). skill level was taken directly from skill icon, so that can't be off. Str and Energy from LCS. I tried to account for all sources of +spell damage, +pois spell damage, +str factor and +energy factor but I must have missed something then. Good that whist has a modified character screen for sigma so it will be easier to access all these.

Witch blood and vengeful power count as energy factor bonus, not spell damage (iirc).