Eastern Sun Mod

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Azathoth
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
I've been trying to get this mod to work on windows 10. Unfortunately windows 10 disabled SCSI virtual drive, so I can't mount the ISO with SecuROM in DT. Any idea if you can bypass this? Haven't found anything so far :(
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Try to use d2se and download modplugin
Azathoth
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Doesn't that only add the mod on the D2SE list? Problem is that Eastern Sun has the CD verification since it runs on an older version. You can't bypass this unless SecuROM is active on the virtual image, or maybe D2SE offers some type of workaround...I'll give it a shot when I get home.
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
If you have d2 on CD just copy all DLL files from expansion cd and put them to your d2 install folder. Problem solved.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Azathoth wrote:Doesn't that only add the mod on the D2SE list? Problem is that Eastern Sun has the CD verification since it runs on an older version. You can't bypass this unless SecuROM is active on the virtual image, or maybe D2SE offers some type of workaround...I'll give it a shot when I get home.

Nope but d2se contains needed core for ES mod and won't ask for CD. Mod asking for CD only if running with it's own exe and was installed on clean diablo 2 1.10 version.
Grinch
Cog
215 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If u guys are interested in playing Eastern Sun, it got hosted on D2Lunatic since tonight.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Sure. Any info how to connect ? Reg file ?
Grinch
Cog
215 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Look into the Snej Forum. Same Realm as RoS and Snej.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Well, i used same reg file, can login into game, can make character. But cannot make a new game, get the "cannot join the game" error.
Maybe i got wrong game version ? Mod catalog folder is named - ES R6E Com4.1N and i don't remember how i got that one...
Will redownload the one from snej forums and try again.

All working now :D my older version probably was patched with some community patch earlier.
Grinch
Cog
215 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Mostly because the Port was wrong. Thats why u can't connect. The updated version from Snej forum have all sync giles includes. Also Seltsamuel made some changes due to issues with Mac compatibility. I think he removed that.