Yshari Sanctum: Maze Factor

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.

Yshari Sanctum - Maze

Approach A
52%
Approach B
35%
Whatever
13%

Total votes: 245

suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Or maybe the people who whine about it on the forums are a vocal minority. The options are clear enough.

For the people who cannot remember to open TPs and die inside and don't enjoy running back/remaking - vote B please, that's why the option is there.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Strigvir wrote:
Marco wrote:Also I wasn't expecting A to get most of the votes. Interesting.

That's because you worded B as the "sucker option". The A should be "I like to walk long empty mazes because walking contributes to the action, which is what A in ARPG stands for" following the same logic.

I described it as painful and long in A, the options are not biased. QQ more.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
The problem with yshari is not the design of the maze (besides vision blocking walls/jungle that hide 1hk mobs), it's range.

Having to do baal 5x times is just demoralizing. So is new mephisto if you have to respec for the fight (= majority of builds?). That's just shit.

I'd have no problem with teleport disabled 3h dungeon as long as I'm not forced to run it 7 times with 10x respecs because rng to get a charm that has even more rng, forcing me to do it all over again if I want +1 sk. I mean honestly I'd rather go through a D1-esque multilevel 10h dungeon hell than get fucked over by rng over and over again.
nikolaipka
Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I voted for B, because for me personally its faster to farm 10-15 sk1 and buy it from ppl that rush for it. In the first days of ladder its possible to take it for Signets also. Reason for voting B is not the long way, forgotten TPs or set items needed for the boss, but lags and disconects.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Seriously, I wouldn't mind if the maze took 1 hour to reach a single boss if the drops were 100%, this also incluides minion set. Atleast if it's 100% we'd have to replace when set breaks, but 3 runs = 3 sets, not the bullshit like 10 runs (which are more annoying than time consuming, since you can get to any boss in 5 mins) = 1 set.
Also meph VK spam is ugly, and most of the time it is reduced to ''kill meph before he summons VK'', rest of bosses are cool.
So yeah, A for me.
FallenAngel
Stone Warrior
31 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
suchbalance wrote:For the people who cannot remember to open TPs and die inside and don't enjoy running back/remaking - vote B please, that's why the option is there.

You make it sound as if people have to choose the blue pill if they even have the slightest problem with the red one. What if someone wants the red pill itself, and thinks it might be improved by making a minute change? I do hope you guys are open to middle paths and are not just stuck with option A or B.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
FallenAngel wrote:
suchbalance wrote:For the people who cannot remember to open TPs and die inside and don't enjoy running back/remaking - vote B please, that's why the option is there.

You make it sound as if people have to choose the blue pill if they even have the slightest problem with the red one. What if someone wants the red pill itself, and thinks it might be improved by making a minute change? I do hope you guys are open to middle paths and are not just stuck with option A or B.

There is no middle pill. This topic is about map layout and structure, nothing more. You like 2-hour maze with small corridors? Vote A. You don't? Vote B.
FallenAngel
Stone Warrior
31 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Marco wrote:
FallenAngel wrote:

There is no middle pill. This topic is about map layout and structure, nothing more. You like 2-hour maze with small corridors? Vote A. You don't? Vote B.

Ok. You might want to state it in the topic description that improvement suggestions are not being solicited in this thread. Else people like me will keep posting suggestions and middle grounds which won't be relevant to the work :)
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Definitely A option.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Now that I think about it...Void is a maze level, though a weird one. Wretched Hive is a maze level. Startled Witch is a maze level. Tran Athulua and Ureh both have maze-like elements.

Although Yshari is definitely the most unforgiving out of all of those (and does have the miniboss thing going for it, which besides Void and Triune IIRC they're the only ubers with that), I'd rather have uber diversity instead of m0ar mazez!!!!