[MXLS] Unique Item Rework

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
FallenAngel
Stone Warrior
31 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Did I just see Hammertime as a castable skill 8-)
OnlyForFun
Cog
203 | 17
Oo dat vail of magic helm , proc + sov too op?
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
mxl saving alot of money, no desire to buy new games
has been the game i have spend most of my time in my life after wc3 tft

i love these reworks and updates, its like the server patch with the increaseddifficulty for the regular acts
now i just have to stop being a pleb and stop dying
benutzer193
Destroyer
6 | 1
The changes sound good!
Do I remember it correctly that it is planned to remove 2 tiers from TU or have I dreamed that?
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
benutzer193 wrote:The changes sound good!
Do I remember it correctly that it is planned to remove 2 tiers from TU or have I dreamed that?

That's right, thanks. Somehow I forgot to mention it initially.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Additionally, casting speeds with 1-handed weapons are being reworked for the Sorceress, Necromancer and Druid. They have been buffed to only be 1 frame slower compared to using a staff for those characters. The goal here is to make Orbs and Wands more viable, and give Druids some more options as well.

Good god yes please. Quite honestly the only build that could make sorc wand and shield work was with poison and on-kill procs to make up for the lack of damage, even then it's generally better to just use staff at that point. :(

IV. Tiered Uniques Overhaul

I was feintly hoping the TU system would be gone, but it's good to see of course that it's finally being re-balanced. Unless act boss drops are being changed to not always drop uniques*, the system really kills the diversity of the early game and makes it heavily redundant imo. Sure we probably won't be using deadfall + jitans on every single weapon damage character this time around most likely, but generally speaking there is a set of tus that will still be the best when leveling with X build. It adds redundancy if you decide you want to play the same build again,which I imagine will happen when certain builds become flavor of the month upon occasion.

*I say this because it's probably the primary contributor to the redundancy. Especially when I play HC. As soon as I reach Mephisto, I grind him until all my TUs are as upgraded as I possibly can. Before LC1 I do it again, etc. etc. If the act bosses didn't always drop uniques, and instead had them more infrequently, or a buttload of them in their quest drops, it would add a decent bit more challenge to the early game in hindsight. The horrors of being "unprepared" for the next act, and you have to think of an alternative to improve your character as you level. "Do I grind mephisto for a few hours and see if I can get one more TU? Maybe it'll save time if I replace my T3 Steel Golem with a runeword armor, or MO some defense in my Steel Golem. Maybe instead I could re-roll a rare with some sort of defense, I could probably save the rune for later" It's moments similar to that is what I miss the most from playing cLoD, and I could see the TU system be integrated well if other factors are changed around.
Edited by Segolia 7 years.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
SingleInfinity
Stygian Watcher
44 | 8
Segolia wrote:*I say this because it's probably the primary contributor to the redundancy. Especially when I play HC. As soon as I reach Mephisto, I grind him until all my TUs are as upgraded as I possibly can. Before LC1 I do it again, etc. etc. If the act bosses didn't always drop uniques, and instead had them more infrequently, or a buttload of them in their quest drops, it would add a decent bit more challenge to the early game in hindsight. The horrors of being "unprepared" for the next act, and you have to think of an alternative to improve your character as you level. "Do I grind mephisto for a few hours and see if I can get one more TU? Maybe it'll save time if I replace my T3 Steel Golem with a runeword armor, or MO some defense in my Steel Golem. Maybe instead I could re-roll a rare with some sort of defense, I could probably save the rune for later" It's moments similar to that is what I miss the most from playing cLoD, and I could see the TU system be integrated well if other factors are changed around.

I don't see any reason to bother trying to make the early game more difficult. I don't think most people play for a difficult leveling experience as much as they play for ubers and such (where difficulty switches from a numbers game to a mechanics game, usually). Adding arbitrary difficulty by making items less accessible (unless you grind) doesn't present any interesting new choices, just makes the ones we have now take longer, or punishes you for not grinding a ton. IMO you shouldn't really need to grind during early leveling. This game has plenty of runs and re-runs and re-re-runs for farming charms and trophies and SU's and such. I don't think I need more grind in the early game.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
any plans to tweak runewords as well?
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
void wrote:any plans to tweak runewords as well?

Have a guess
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi