D2MR not working

Discuss Median XL!
kamird
Thunder Beetle
59 | 2
As the title says, it's not working. The game is launched, but it just doesn't show up in the d2mr list. What could I do to possibly fix this? Running MXL trough D2SE, maybe that is the problem? But then again I had it woking with D2SE before. The thing is that my hard disk that had d2 on died, and I just re-installed in on a new one.

Help appreciated :thumb:
Icegod101
Son of Lucion
727 | 15
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Some words of advice: Run as administrator
kamird
Thunder Beetle
59 | 2
I tried, nothing changed. The same blank space. For some reason it's not detecting diablo 2.
kamird
Thunder Beetle
59 | 2
Any ideas anyone? I tried setting it on win XP compatability, nothing changed.... pls Halp.
Rishab
Team Member
2010 | 148
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
U need to run d2mr as admin too in case u were not doing it already
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Jampula
Daystar
659 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Obviously you did something different when you re-installed D2. Maybe version problems, are you using 1.13c? And I know for a fact that some games/programs don't work propebly if you install them to Program Files -dir(s).
Subzy
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This is because d2 is not running with ddraw. Change it with the d2vidtest.exe
Willshaper
Djinn
501 | 29
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Subzy wrote:This is because d2 is not running with ddraw. Change it with the d2vidtest.exe

That shouldn't have anything to do with it..

D2MR works perfectly fine with all graphics modes, be it DDraw, D3D or Glide.
Subzy
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ShadowDawn wrote:
Subzy wrote:This is because d2 is not running with ddraw. Change it with the d2vidtest.exe

That shouldn't have anything to do with it..

D2MR works perfectly fine with all graphics modes, be it DDraw, D3D or Glide.

Not in my case, been running with other modes and with administrator mode on. Wouldn't show up. Changed it to ddraw, and everything was fine
kamird
Thunder Beetle
59 | 2
At any rate running it as admin(I set it to always run as admin in the compatibility tab), ddraw changes nothing except resolution(I changed the resolution in Glide settings so that the game window isn't so small). Running 1.13c playing only on TSW. So I really have no idea on what the problem is and how to resolve it.