What is Median XL: Sigma

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
vadust
Bone Archer
71 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
They will be bright since most of exploits were fixed plus is will be much harder to find new ways to cheat. Lets not compare d2m and current tsw, that had not always clean times but it moved to a great point of cleanness from all $hit that you had listed.

There is always 1 simple rule if person can cheat, he will continue it until something prevent it.
Tybxx7
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
giev sigma plz
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
no
ifloati
Dark Huntress
10 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
To be 100% honest i think something that would be cool to see in sigma is set morphs.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Morphs require graphics. There arent many of those that look decent and fit mxl. I mean, look at brolaz, qt, inarius, zorun tsin, etc. Which all share the same model already.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Quirinus wrote:Morphs require graphics. There arent many of those that look decent and fit mxl. I mean, look at brolaz, qt, inarius, zorun tsin, etc. Which all share the same model already.

I would not want to sound arogant or sarcastic by asking if you have a good graphic in the team, but recently i have seen some models made by one of the Community member, beat me i don't remember his name but his models were outstanding, he has a thread somewhere at forum. Why not use his help to make a new monster/uber/morph and see how it works out?
cnoltz
Cog
205 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
thunderman wrote:
Quirinus wrote:Morphs require graphics. There arent many of those that look decent and fit mxl. I mean, look at brolaz, qt, inarius, zorun tsin, etc. Which all share the same model already.

I would not want to sound arogant or sarcastic by asking if you have a good graphic in the team, but recently i have seen some models made by one of the Community members, beat me i don't remember his name but his models were outstanding, he has a thread somewhere at forum. Why not use his help to make a new monster/uber/morph and see how it works out?

I don't think adding a bunch new morphs would add anything to the mod in a positive direction. Just from experience online, showcasing/streaming stuff for people unaware of the mod, most reactions to morphs are very negative. I mean, think about going into a game your familiar with, opening a stream of the mod knowing nothing about it, and seeing the player playing a huge fucking quill rat with hundreds of homing quill machine gun like projectiles (kind of lame on first impression I would think). Now after playing the mod for many years, I like the morphs and can appreciate the builds as they are. I also think adding any additional would take away further from the original D2 feel. I like most of the current morphs (took some time to like specific ones), but I don't necessarily think that others are necessary/required, as it takes away from the game itself.

I would think that you need to draw the line at some point to try to keep the game somewhat familiar? We have all seen extremely poor mods puked out that change skins/morphs/skills on everything, just to be different, with extremely poor, amateur results.

Back on topic though, sigma hype, I really like the direction this is going for 2017. Looking forward to whatever it will bring!
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
to be fair, superbeast would have been acceptible for sorc cold set before speed boost with orbs was announced, atm nobody is using that set
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge

Generic Wizard Dude #5 is like the mascot of Median I love him
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Silly question - will sigma be compatible with windows xp ?