The 1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
requiemss
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Hey 2 thingies:
Here is the Ranking System i use for my builds on a scale from 1 to 10 :

Here the 1 is red and the 10 is green but in the "Table of contents" you used red for both the 1s and 10s.

26. 1.3. Die Hard - Crane Stance barbarian - KS:8 S:10 Ge:9 F:9 Ga:9 E:9 Build rank: 9 Jump at the miniguide!

And here the build rank is in red too which is not consistent with the others miniguides.
La_minore
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
On the "Die Hard" barbarian build, what is the source of the 50%DR? Looks solid, I wanna start a fresh barb for this.
Aero
Madawc
6772 | 229
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
depends on the gear you choose and what stance. in some instances, yo udo get 50% dr with gear and/or bear stance, but mostly you're using crane stance and relying on gear.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
1970 | 44
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
requiemss wrote:red and green
your observation is correct . in order to (quick) fix this , i have marked the 10 with red too

thanks !
La_minore
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
Been skimming through your old Omega compilation. Are the barbarian builds ther still viable, like the "terroblade" one, or "ares"? I'm going to make a few dual wielders. Throwing barb is kind of... good for farming only?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
1970 | 44
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
i have removed all dual wielder builds from the compilation a few patches ago . they are no longer viable because there are no skills left that encourage using 2 weapons instead of 1h weapon + shield or 2h weapon . the benefits of holding the second weapon equipped are too small as not all benefits apply to your attacks , you also don't proc from that weapon . dual wielding skills were broken (not working as intended) , so they were removed . i don't think they will return very soon , but if/when they will return , i will for sure update the old builds .

the throwing barbs are good for anything , same as any other type of barb build .
sebneo
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello

First at all thanks for the compilation it help me a lot and i'm pretty newbie in Median XL

A question

I follow the mini guide " Ivy poison" for sorceress and i near to lvl 120

For upgrade my stuff and follow the guide i need to craft some stuff but my question is do you have a tips for have the required strenght for stuff ?

all piece required 500+ str ... and i don't know what to do . Respec my skill point and put all in strenght ?

Thanks for your help
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
1970 | 44
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
hello , the miniguide also specifies for sockets "-requirements jewels" . craft those jewels and socket them in your gear

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube

zod crafts can spawn with up to -10% req. , Ort crafts can spawn with up to -14% req.

gain charms that provide flat stats and %stats

you can use some "in between" crafts first , between the early game gear honorifics and the final crafts . you can MO those "in between" crafts with extra -%requirements mo's . you will replace them with the final crafts when you will get more charms in your inventory . those"in between" crafts don't have to be godly , as you will replace them anyway , they just need to be better than the early game gear .

you can also try the "lol crafts" (low ilvl crafts) as "in-between crafts" , as they have a lower level requirement and more MO space on which you can add -%requirements mo's

you can get at least half the charms with just the early game gear on

good luck !