What is Median XL: Sigma

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Myth0s
Acid Prince
47 | 1
Sigma incoming, 31.12.2016. Stay tuned. :D
Great job!
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Edited by Unda 7 years.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
People changes over time.
I waiting for testing period since giving feedback on early game / user experience is what I love to do (not those non stop end game grinding).

*You really might want to know whist + Laz history. Kinda hilarious as well.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Quirinus wrote:No, and it probably won't be fixed in the near future, if ever.

I wouldn't be so sure. A lot of "unthinkable" features are becoming reality, such as the removal of the damage cap or unlimited states. Whist has accomplished some really cool stuff, and I'm pretty sure that even if sprite limit issue doesn't get fixed 100%, we'll certainly see some performance enhancements on that subject.

As for Laz's story or evolution of classic median, I don't know if there is one. Whist's story is definetly a fun one though. Because there are a lot of new people that don't really know what he had done in the past that made him be the most hated user in the median scene :twisted:
Port80
Cultist
24 | 1
Marco wrote:
Port80 wrote:And I still can't believe that you don't want to be programmer/developer.
O well, everybody likes different things

Wait what :lol:

Meh, nvm.

I like the story and I hope you will stick to this mod so you can tell even better story in next few years
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
Marco wrote:
Quirinus wrote:No, and it probably won't be fixed in the near future, if ever.

I wouldn't be so sure. A lot of "unthinkable" features are becoming reality, such as the removal of the damage cap or unlimited states. Whist has accomplished some really cool stuff, and I'm pretty sure that even if sprite limit issue doesn't get fixed 100%, we'll certainly see some performance enhancements on that subject.

Better to crush their hopes at the start. :twisted:

That's one of the hardest changes to make, so didn't want to get their hopes up and annoy whist.

Fixing sprite limit, along with increasing monster/player life are two of the most important changes that can now happen. (though the last two can probably be modded around by balancing stuff, but it lowers the bar of possibility)

Marco wrote:As for Laz's story or evolution of classic median, I don't know if there is one. Whist's story is definetly a fun one though. Because there are a lot of new people that don't really know what he had done in the past that made him be the most hated user in the median scene :twisted:

Yeah, whist has already done some successful "modding". :twisted:

He's cool now tho. 8-)
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Marco wrote:Automatic gold pick-up

Are you planning to nerf ridiculous sell value of rare items? In my opinion, auto gold pick-up will solve all gold problems that way (I believe many people dont pay attention on gold drop, they just keep selling rare items). Also, this would make IotSS not as annoying when you cannot see charm drop because of crapton of gold pack lying around.

On the other way, we can keep 'rune + throwing wpn' trick in the game. :)
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Stealthmaster wrote:Also, this would make IotSS not as annoying when you cannot see charm drop because of crapton of gold pack lying around.

This doesn't really matter anymore either as the "alt show items" code is getting replaced, first of all to show all items, secondly to ignore gold, and third to have configurable filtering options.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
whist wrote:
Stealthmaster wrote:Also, this would make IotSS not as annoying when you cannot see charm drop because of crapton of gold pack lying around.

This doesn't really matter anymore either as the "alt show items" code is getting replaced, first of all to show all items, secondly to ignore gold, and third to have configurable filtering options.

► Show Spoiler
Shovelspoon
Pit Knight
106 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
whist wrote:This doesn't really matter anymore either as the "alt show items" code is getting replaced, first of all to show all items, secondly to ignore gold, and third to have configurable filtering options.

I've noticed there's going to be quite a few things that allow configurable options. Are these options going to be in-game or would they have to be edited in a .ini file or something similar?