Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
notforkeeps wrote:But it was YOUR example sir. I guess that makes you the close minded one? And you still haven't addressed my point about a nav bar being impossible to implement in a TOP DOWN environment.

i have already direction of character variable.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Ok good. Now we are getting somewhere. Please elaborate on the direction of character variable and how it would compensate within the nav bar for not being able to turn full 360 degrees.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
notforkeeps wrote:Ok good. Now we are getting somewhere. Please elaborate on the direction of character variable and how it would compensate within the nav bar for not being able to turn full 360 degrees.

simple x,y coordinates offset from character variable determines location for character direction(location) variable then simple fixed north south east west coordinate variables and increment variables between vector variables. because its not a 360* environment it would require less computing/resources and correspond to change in character directions variable.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
zykoz wrote:
notforkeeps wrote:But it was YOUR example sir. I guess that makes you the close minded one? And you still haven't addressed my point about a nav bar being impossible to implement in a TOP DOWN environment.

i have already direction of character variable.

I think what he’s trying to say is:

“If has when diablo patchnotes becoming character variable direction.”
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
zykoz wrote:
notforkeeps wrote:Ok good. Now we are getting somewhere. Please elaborate on the direction of character variable and how it would compensate within the nav bar for not being able to turn full 360 degrees.

simple x,y coordinates offset from character variable determines location for character direction(location) variable then simple fixed north south east west coordinate variables and increment variables between vector variables. because its not a 360* environment it would require less computing/resources and correspond to change in character directions variable.

So it would end up being a bar with just 4 lateral and longinal directions and a number corresponding to distance from A (A = object). But then you would have to code each individual state for each thing you would want to show distance from. Seems like an awful lot of work with not a ton of upside. Can you expand more on the benefits of this, either vs the minimap or just in general?
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
notforkeeps wrote:
zykoz wrote:

So it would end up being a bar with just 4 lateral and longinal directions and a number corresponding to distance from A (A = object). But then you would have to code each individual state for each thing you would want to show distance from. Seems like an awful lot of work with not a ton of upside. Can you expand more on the benefits of this, either vs the minimap or just in general?

coding can be simple if you know what you're doing. <-so in that sense its not a lot of work unless you don't know exactly how to do it.

It could be a feature with toggle-able sub-settings:

Item drops... When a sacred drops or w/e your drop filter is; it can show how far and the direction of the item.

Quest drops... I.E Rada's Book... Jade Figure... Scroll of Inifus... other quest shiet.

Party members...

Bounty Elements...(i dunno)

NPC'S... obviously when in town. (might be redundant and not needed. Unless the code is really dynamic and takes in a-count quests I.E talk to Alkor for potion; or w/e.)

Stash... or other object intractable's once found I.E Cairn Stones.

Could think of more things it can be used for just not going to waste time thinking about something that has 5% chance of being implemented.
King
Balrog
121 | 8
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
You guys crack me up. It's not that difficult to have an overlay that doesn't modify the actual game files to point you to these things just reading memory. And an overlay given the right offsets. However if it isnt implemented then we can assume admins dony want it in the game. It would be similar to my starcraft 2 maohack I have in private production and I dont even play that game anymore just update as it updates and require donations. Anyways to each their own. Both sides are right and both sides are wrong. I'm just glad to see the changes made over the years. Dont know which thing on the minimap is mephisto or furnace level 1 but it's better than aimlessly walking about. You guys make me miss median since I used to know it inside and out and now I'm Like wtf is this game. Long time ago I tried to offer a program similar to warden that can detect hacks and duplicated items and such but dont think it was a priority at the time. Tl..dr...reading a programs memory isnt against a rule but modifying game files are. Anywho let me maybe start and try this new melee OP median. Guess it's a barb cause we know those mfers cant die.
King
Balrog
121 | 8
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Iirc I think Marco said theyd consider item filter since clutter can make a drop invisible and that isnt exactly the players fault but have it limited to only on screen items to prevent abuse. Would need new resolution from sigma to properly implement though
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
King wrote:You guys crack me up. It's not that difficult to have an overlay that doesn't modify the actual game files to point you to these things just reading memory. And an overlay given the right offsets. However if it isnt implemented then we can assume admins dony want it in the game. It would be similar to my starcraft 2 maohack I have in private production and I dont even play that game anymore just update as it updates and require donations. Anyways to each their own. Both sides are right and both sides are wrong. I'm just glad to see the changes made over the years. Dont know which thing on the minimap is mephisto or furnace level 1 but it's better than aimlessly walking about. You guys make me miss median since I used to know it inside and out and now I'm Like wtf is this game. Long time ago I tried to offer a program similar to warden that can detect hacks and duplicated items and such but dont think it was a priority at the time. Tl..dr...reading a programs memory isnt against a rule but modifying game files are. Anywho let me maybe start and try this new melee OP median. Guess it's a barb cause we know those mfers cant die.

:)