Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Nolan
Cultist
22 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm against limiting things like respec and unsockets so that it's impossible to do at some point. But all for making it HARDER. Eg a more complicated recipe to make respec potion. So that respec potions can perhaps even have trade value.

I'm very against things like cotw being impossible to unsocket. Instead just make the unsocket recipe expensive, as expensive as you like. Just not impossible.

Long ago one of the selling points of the mod was the fact you had the freedom to unsocket stuff. I get that stuff like the 6 lab runes in armor should not be just rerolled freely. So Do make the unsocket recipe expensive enough that it's not worth it to most people.

Summary: make something harder or expensiver? Yeah sure! Make something impossible? No.
Nolan
Cultist
22 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Suggestion: make kab Great Gems real socket able gems that actually have magical attributes when socketed into things like normal gems. That perhaps do thins other gems don't. Like small dr / dr% / indestructible/ absorb /absorb %
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I don't like the concept of limiting stuff like respecs either. Limits exploration of builds and itemization. Forces a player to have different chars for different parts of the game (not too bad of a thing admittedly) and negates the peace of mind of a player that knows that it's not important to build the perfect char from the get-go.

Making it harder / more expensive so that it can't be abused willy-nilly? Sure.
Making it impossible after a certain point (e.g. max 3 respecs)? I don't think the net effect would be positive
lordalexander74
Bone Archer
77 | 0
Is it possible to implement automatic gold pickup?
Khrono-S
Invader
9 | 0
when you select a room/game on the join list above or under the description show if the room was created on hetred,terror,destruction
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Khrono-S wrote:when you select a room/game on the join list above or under the description show if the room was created on hetred,terror,destruction

No clue if they can make it do that, but until then, here is an alternative:

/gameinfo gamenamehere

That will show you all the info about the game, theres a line called "Difficulty" in the list, have a look there.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Khrono-S wrote:when you select a room/game on the join list above or under the description show if the room was created on hetred,terror,destruction

i usually assume the difficulty based on the lvl of char in-game...

all 120 = destr
120+lvl10 = hatred
120+lvl90'something=terror
all low lvl = hatred
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Khrono-S
Invader
9 | 0
Rishab wrote:

i usually assume the difficulty based on the lvl of char in-game...

all 120 = destr
120+lvl10 = hatred
120+lvl90'something=terror
all low lvl = hatred

yeah this was just a quick Suggestions.
because some time you see 120 on the level think is dest and is hatred thet kind of thing :P, but if was possible this info on the list make the things more specifcs
wathever :thumb:
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I want a sacred unique bonesplitter balanced around a 100% ctc No Spell Timer Blink on Attack that's designed specifically for running into giant rooms, hitting one monster with parasite and sending everyone just blinking around like fucking mad
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Dude Love wrote:I want a sacred unique bonesplitter balanced around a 100% ctc No Spell Timer Blink on Attack that's designed specifically for running into giant rooms, hitting one monster with parasite and sending everyone just blinking around like fucking mad

You mean sending yourself?

Plus do you mean on striking? Parasite is for on striking procs more so than on attack.