Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Can't compare the ladder charts like that since so many more people play soft core that the comparison becomes irrelevant.

People just don't like to play slow or over prepare like you should in hardcore. They prefer soft core in most cases because they don't want have to restart entirely in the event of accidental fuck-ups or uncontrollable lag on server side, etc.

My guess is that once (if?) a shared stash is implemented so that making is easier and people can move arcane crystals and things that make early game grinding in hardcore extremely slow, more people will play HC without as much rage when they die since they'll already have a bit of a head start on a new character.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I think PoE has a good method. When your HC characters die they become sc characters. It'd be nice to chose between permadeath or sc Transfer Though. If you want to go on- sure no problem. If you want that fame- sure no problem either (or just do both. Give them the fame and let them play in sc if they still want to progress afterwards)

@LH I don't think that's an important matter. If you really REALLY want to play HC you prepare all the time by muling everything you have before approaching known harder parts of the game. And even if you die with your main char - what stops you from creating a char for farming arcane crystals in H A3 only? Or a character for farming marks of infusion only? There is no reason why a shared stash would make that any different. It's easier yeah, but we already have the possibility to mule important items so there's no difference in the general accessibility of giving new chars a headstart.

The Problem why nobody wants to play HC stays the same as it has always been in MXL - too many 1-shot mechanics throughout the game (and server lag, yeah). So you basically can't do certain Ubers that requires you to die (like Yshari, Started Witch... talking only about my noob experience with Yshari and a short look at somnus' stream when he tried SW on his assa) in order to complete them. And you can't do some Ubers that where the possibility to die is really high (CFM, Triune) and even then, there are tons of charms that you shouldn't approach unless you are experienced because you are still able to get 1-shotted there even though those Ubers are easy cheesy (DP, cathedral of Vanity, creature of the Flame)

So my point is: There's no sense in playing HC because it's simply too dependent on luck to not get some random laggs or invisible death beams and you still can't complete all ubers. That's simply not much rewarding.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
To each, their own, I suppose.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
There shouldn't be a middle ground for hardcore, if you die on hardcore you DIE and your character is gone.

If you wanna play silly buggers with extra lives then why not just do that on softcore then delete your character after the criteria has been met? There's nothing stopping you from doing this, I don't see why the devs would even waste their time on anything like this.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I would love a rework of the butcher. It is sometimes a "little" tedious with how random the pentagrams spawn, that they can spawn in walls etc. Maybe some of this is solved with the new surrounding, but the fight itself could use some love too I think
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Necroglycerin wrote:I would love a rework of the butcher. It is sometimes a "little" tedious with how random the pentagrams spawn, that they can spawn in walls etc. Maybe some of this is solved with the new surrounding, but the fight itself could use some love too I think

Something was done about summon ubers for 1.1, maybe a butcher rework is in there.
Marbles
Stone Warrior
33 | 1
I got one, it's a good one. ..Maybe.

Zons need access to flails for, and mostly perhaps only, Thundercrack. In MXL: Totally underused weapon afaik. It fits in with the flavor of Thundercrack bigtime, imo. The other three skills can continue to require sceptre, for all i care, being ranged and more magical in nature and what not...
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marbles wrote:I got one, it's a good one. ..Maybe.

Zons need access to flails for, and mostly perhaps only, Thundercrack. In MXL: Totally underused weapon afaik. It fits in with the flavor of Thundercrack bigtime, imo. The other three skills can continue to require sceptre, for all i care, being ranged and more magical in nature and what not...

Honestly, it should just go to all Mace/Hammer/Scepter class. Thor uses a hammer for lightning, scepter is magical in nature and lore while still being a melee weapon class, and Flail kinda just follows the two by shape and use. I like that suggestion and it definitely opens up the build to more options, especially since even a War Scepter is pretty weak for weapon damage.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
make town portals not expire until you make a new one so you dont have to keep remaking them when fighting a boss and chaindying
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
put the irongolem skill back into the game :D
Coolest skill ever. A pet that carries the stats of the item it was made from was such a neat idea.