Uniques: A tip and a few questions

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
dseff
Skeleton
2 | 0
Signets of learning are both an extremely useful item and a form of currency. The typical way to farm them is to destroy SU and sets or do nihi runs. But what if I told you that you could turn Arcane crystals into them? Simply use the arcane crystals to turn arrows/bolts/jewelry unique and cube the result with a Catalyst of learning. This is in fact in the documentation which is why I posted this here (I had over looked this many a times and wanted to share my "discovery")

On the subject of unique jewelry, using the roll as unique recipe is it possible to roll a sacred or secret ring (e.g. empyrean glory or a cotw)?
Is it possible to reroll a TU item like you can with an SU and an enchanting crystal?
How much MF is required to have consistent and often unique drops?
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Yes you can disenchant jewellery and quivers that drop in > 99 areas (or are made with the cube) to get signets of learning. Technically its an unintended consequence of the fact that the TU creation recipe outputs items with ilvl 99 and the game downscales all ilvls above 99 to it. However signets are something that your character naturally obtains as you farm destruction - there is no reason to bore yourself with farming crystals in order to max out sigs that way.

As for your other questions:
- It is not possible to roll any sacred item (such as jewels or jewellery) with the unique creation recipe.

- No. To reroll a TU, use the unique creation recipe (2AC + oil of enhance). It is much cheaper than wasting an enchanting crystal anyway.

- MF works the same way as in classic. After 110% there are severe diminishing returns on sets and uniques. The best answer to this question is that everyone should have at least 110%. Afterwards get as much as possible without compromising on your kill speed. Properly geared/charmed characters can usually carry anywhere between 400-600 without much clearing speed reduction.
dseff
Skeleton
2 | 0
Does the uptier to unique recipe affect the ilevel?
Does ilevel affect the possible outcomes for unique reroll (quivers/jewelry)?
Whats the chances of rolling a unique with the chaos reroll?
Whats the chances for rerolling SU? Does a SU have a higher chance of appearing than a SSU or a SSSU?

Also the tip was more to do with having extra crystals lying around than actually farming for them.
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
dseff wrote:Does the uptier to unique recipe affect the ilevel?

Not sure, but it doesn't have any game relevance even if it did.

dseff wrote:Does ilevel affect the possible outcomes for unique reroll (quivers/jewelry)?

I just told you the unique reroll sets ilvl to 99... so no.

dseff wrote:Whats the chances of rolling a unique with the chaos reroll?

Very low - to the point where it's not worth it (and again you can't get sacreds). For exact figure you're going to have to look up cMXL files.

dseff wrote:Whats the chances for rerolling SU? Does a SU have a higher chance of appearing than a SSU or a SSSU?

Rerolling it with an enchanting crystal is the same as finding a new drop of the same item type. So the ratio SSSU:SSU:SU is 1 : 4 : 10. I.e. chance to get SSSU on reroll is 1/15.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
suchbalance wrote:
dseff wrote:Whats the chances of rolling a unique with the chaos reroll?

Very low - to the point where it's not worth it (and again you can't get sacreds). For exact figure you're going to have to look up cMXL files.

But with that recipe you always can get lvl 1 uniq like Locust Hive arrows.