Path of Exile

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Edited by mahitovec 6 years.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Was thinking about giving this game a try since this new patch was coming out.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Aura stacking isn't so prevalent anymore - mana reserved gem doesn't work for auras.

So far I played it till I ripped on the final boss in Cruel and for me game is definitely better than before:

+ NO desync... this is pretty hard to understand if you never played, but it's the best change they've ever made (and it was about time).
+ First 3 acts got streamlined, with many repetitive levels being removed so you are less bored while levelling.
+ Every act has a gem vendor that sells nearly every gem available for cheap. No more need to spam trade chat simulator if you want to use a spell on your marauder and paying retarded prices at the start of a new ladder.
+ Bosses in the new act have interesting mechanics and are fun to play against.

- Drop rates are still terrible - game is balanced around being a trade economy and so you will have to trade to get GOOD gear. This is a tedious process that involves using a 3rd party software to generate a shop on the game forum, which then gets indexed by a 3rd party site and blabla... I get bored just hearing about it.
- New act content and bosses are very melee unfriendly and ranged channel skills unfriendly (of which there are a lot).

Neutral: gameplay is still the same. You pick one skill you like, build your tree around it and support it with the best gems in your opinion. This always leads to the gameplay being - spam 1 skill, buff yourself, debuff monsters, summon pets (there are new golems, that you can have 1 of, which are very tanky and provide bonuses like 15% increased dmg). That's why I only play HC in this game. Otherwise I get bored way too easily if there is no risk due to the above.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Didnt notice awakening have released, might start playing again once I finished my current game project.

Trying to create my own "unique" archer build, since I got friendly guild last time.
Hopefully they still remember me, since I stopped after end of ... torment (end of march?)
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Just crafted this bad boy... %armour roll was a bit of a let down but everything else is sweet :bounce:

Arch
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
kojsd\oighsdo\guihsfngloshg uiohsd\ goçhsdgoiçh sdoi\çh osd\çigh oçsd\hg owqiçh ogwehbgn .sjzng ioçsdhg is\dgoçhsghiioçsdhgçsdl\hgoçds\ghdoçihd\sçh gçiohg oiçdh\ioçhgsd\oiçhvoçvnxczjneoçguhdxc,ne.sguo\blnbioçzghsl\g\b eoçi\shgsoçzigh seioçh\g oçsd\bgn \sd
Edited by Arch 8 years.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yeah,I usually have 100-180 fps in acts 1-3, 30-100 in act 4(lowest in Kaom's dream area),but during the final boss fight,I get all sorts of stuttering and fps drops(goes down even to single digits). I don't have a monster rig but seriously,wtf. The loading times are disgusting indeed,whenever there's a patch it takes 10+ minutes to launch,even though it takes a few seconds for the patch to download,and it still takes 5 minutes when there is no patch. The game is cool,but god damn it gets annoying as fuck sometimes.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Having the game on an SSD drive fixes all sorts of stuttering and long load time issues. Can confirm myself since I played way back in closed & open beta without and later with.

Also if you are on lockstep and using a wireless connection you will get 4-5 second lattency spikes every 2-3 minutes where the game will stutter as a result. No idea why it happens but using a cable connection to the router solved that for me.
Arch
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
kojsd\oighsdo\guihsfngloshg uiohsd\ goçhsdgoiçh sdoi\çh osd\çigh oçsd\hg owqiçh ogwehbgn .sjzng ioçsdhg is\dgoçhsghiioçsdhgçsdl\hgoçds\ghdoçihd\sçh gçiohg oiçdh\ioçhgsd\oiçhvoçvnxczjneoçguhdxc,ne.sguo\blnbioçzghsl\g\b eoçi\shgsoçzigh seioçh\g oçsd\bgn \sd
Edited by Arch 8 years.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!