MXL alternative

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What platform do you play on? I spent more than 1300 hours on Ps3 for Dark Souls and I get that feeling.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Borgin wrote:Greg: Grim Dawn is good but unfinished. Unlike many other games that release the entire game unpolished, Grim Dawn has been very polished but you can't finish the game yet, to my understanding. Also the updates are pretty slow.

It's definitely very polished in terms of gameplay mechanics etc, but the game runs slow at certain spots on even the best rigs due to very poor optimization, and the games graphics are actually pretty bland, and some spots they are downright ugly.

Also, the forums are plagued by duping/hack/cheating sympathizers, to the point you will be attacked if you are too vehement on playing legitimately. Also, on just about all of my character builds, I felt little inclination to pick a secondary class, since there is very little reason to.

All that being said, I have over 450 hours clocked in on steam. The gameplay itself is very good, even with the very lackluster skills.

I can recommend the new early access game Secrets of Grindea for its extremely balanced, polished old school arpg feel. Great mechanics on every monster and boss encounter that relies on player skill.
Borgin
Stygian Watcher
42 | 3
Well like I said, Grim Dawn is basically Titan Quest, and in fact is essentially a replica of it with different graphics, all the way down to the same, outdated engine. It only uses a single CPU core, so even your quad-core is going to experience stuttering. This is unlikely going to be fixed, so that's just the bricks at this point.

Never touched the forums, but that sounds about right for a loot-based arpg (even D2 forums are largely filled with cheaters.... heh).
Taem
Necrobot
2473 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Interesting, I never got into TQ myself, but considered trying it for its d2 mod, but other than that, I found the first game a bit boring tbh.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Alkaiser wrote:What platform do you play on? I spent more than 1300 hours on Ps3 for Dark Souls and I get that feeling.

PC.
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hmm, assuming you use steam, good luck finding something :P While this game is of the strategy genre, Medieval 2: Total War is really cool. Have you tried or heard of Arcanum? It's as old as Diablo 2, but you could look up some gameplay vids if you're curious.
Kat
Skeleton
2 | 0
3.1k hours on dota, 860 hours on path of exile and however many on d2+median, pretty much been swapping between the 3 for the last couple years. Slowed down a lot recently though because life x)
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Doom/Doom II PWADs and/or mods, Starcraft/Broodwar, Age of Empires 1/2, Dungeon siege - Legends of Aranna, Gemcraft 2, HoMM 3, The I of the dragon, and lots of NES SNES or Sega emulator games.
PS: Before Fallout 2 was here... but didn't played it for long time. Tried Arcanum but didn't like it.
keitel
Thunder Beetle
53 | 6
Civilization III/IV (part V sucks), HoMM 3, OpenTTD, Cm 01/02
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide

I remember a LONG time ago my friend had that game "Z" for PC, was pretty fun.
Been a long time... *sigh*