MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Augusto
Prowler
17 | 1
Thanks Marco, so... do you think you can use custom sprites in your project or you're not interested in this kind of contribution?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
For sure, as long as you manage to understand how sprites are imported into the game. It's not hard, but some people can't manage to do it (deal with offsets, palettes and such).

If you work on existing monsters, of course you do not have that problem. In such case you can just be creative and surprise us with alternate versions of existing monsters :)
Augusto
Prowler
17 | 1
I do have a little problem there... I am that kind of people.

You (or someone else) would need to take care of the pallete compatibility and of importing the sprites.

Also I am more interested in creating new animations rather than new characters, and I would like to work by requests.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
RequiemLux wrote:I thought that, since he was showing the "cosmetic" improvement, the core of the mod was almost finished

Well core features are pretty much implemented, more or less. Some few things need polishing, some other are half-done due to various reasons like more research needed, could be improved, or whatever. But what's taking the most time is the GUI code. the resolution changes screwed up 95% of the GUI. Of course I could take the same approach D2MultiRes did, and that would be a 5 minute fix, but I wanted to add functionalities to the GUI, and that required a remake of the GUI code from scratch...

Just to give an idea to those very encouraging people that constantly come here with lame comments. Fully replacing just one GUI page is usually around more or less 1000 lines of code. Also keep in mind the research involved, the time taken to do stuff such as thinking of the most efficient way of doing something, fixing blizzard's dumbass stuff, developing new systems to implement some things more easily, testing in-game, etc.

It should also be noted that I do not have anyone making GUI images for me at the moment, Zartok doesn't seem to have much time anymore. And working with placeholder GUI would require me to do tons of little fixups later whenever the GUI is made. Although with things as they are now I might end up doing that still. But even then making placeholder GUI still does take time.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
whist wrote:Well core features are pretty much implemented, more or less. Some few things need polishing, some other are half-done due to various reasons like more research needed, could be improved, or whatever. But what's taking the most time is the GUI code. the resolution changes screwed up 95% of the GUI. Of course I could take the same approach D2MultiRes did, and that would be a 5 minute fix, but I wanted to add functionalities to the GUI, and that required a remake of the GUI code from scratch...
Fully replacing just one GUI page is usually around more or less 1000 lines of code. Also keep in mind the research involved, the time taken to do stuff such as thinking of the most efficient way of doing something, fixing blizzard's dumbass stuff, developing new systems to implement some things more easily, testing in-game, etc.

I didn't think that the GUI's stuff was such a drag

whist wrote:Just to give an idea to those very encouraging people that constantly come here with lame comments.

Hope to not be one of them.

whist wrote:It should also be noted that I do not have anyone making GUI images for me at the moment, Zartok doesn't seem to have much time anymore. And working with placeholder GUI would require me to do tons of little fixups later whenever the GUI is made. Although with things as they are now I might end up doing that still. But even then making placeholder GUI still does take time.

It's a shame that in a community so big no one can help you with this... Is the Sigma team composed just of you two?
I have a little question, feel free to answer or not. Do you have a "to do" list of improvements and changes you seek to implement? If you have, it'll be nice to see in a forum page your objectives put alongside a percentage of completition... so anyone can see, and stop asking for a release date, and maybe someone could find out that he/she can help you with something.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
RequiemLux wrote:It's a shame that in a community so big no one can help you with this... Is the Sigma team composed just of you two?
I have a little question, feel free to answer or not. Do you have a "to do" list of improvements and changes you seek to implement? If you have, it'll be nice to see in a forum page your objectives put alongside a percentage of completition... so anyone can see, and stop asking for a release date, and maybe someone could find out that he/she can help you with something.

I do have some side help from Mnw1995 @ the Phrozenkeep. He usually works on some little things that takes a lot of research and time while I work on all the rest. For example he was the one to fully reverse and replace the item desc code for us, to which I then added and changed a few things. As for now, he is working on replacing the treasure class drop handler, as this is a massive server-lagger. That's the kind of stuff that doesn't bring "that" much to the mod, but yet needs to be done and requires a lot of work in order to be done. That's where Mnw1995 helps a lot, because it cuts into the wasted time in a way. (well, it's never wasted, but I would say, not efficiently invested)
Shiki
Stygian Watcher
40 | 1
I hope to see this sooner rather than later :D1
Cai_Miao
Skeleton
2 | 0
Here to announce and apply sth.
1.Apply for authorizing for the translation for Chinese once Sigma is avaliable
Translator would be "wangyxmike" and/or me ("Cai_Miao")
2.Apply for Worldwide Chinese forum
That's all, thx.

Resume:
Translated Back to Hellfire by Onyx
Translated Le Royaume des Ombres by Xaphan
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
K. Prepare yourself for 2025.
chrismanto
Cultist
24 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wotan wrote:K. Prepare yourself for 2025.

Sigma release year confirmed! :mrgreen: