How do I recover from this...

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
EggyMedian
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So I was doing kingdom of shadow on my barb and on about my 9th attempt I managed to kill him, the catch?

This:

I then went back with a temporary set of gear to try and grab my loot only to die and have all my items bug out (only gave back shitty Double MO'd equip when exiting & rejoining).

GG

EDIT: I remember making a backup yesterday of my char so not all is lost! After the backup however I did find things such as black void and SU labrys (which double MO'd!) and some other goodies that I MAY have been wearing (R.I.P my first SOTNK :c)
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
well he casts a death spiral on death which work same as the lco boss.. so when u kill him.. try to be on the spot where u can mov around to dodge the spiral and hope u dont die..

also, if u have a ssu valaska, then u can keep it on switch and when u kill the boss makw a and use the sacred armor, i m not sure if u can survive in sacred armor tho, but u can try.

another option is to go town as soon as he die and avid the spiral all together and then go back in and take ur prize
EggyMedian
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Rishab wrote:well he casts a death spiral on death which work same as the lco boss.. so when u kill him.. try to be on the spot where u can mov around to dodge the spiral and hope u dont die..

also, if u have a ssu valaska, then u can keep it on switch and when u kill the boss makw a and use the sacred armor, i m not sure if u can survive in sacred armor tho, but u can try.

another option is to go town as soon as he die and avid the spiral all together and then go back in and take ur prize

This post was really something to say as I was quite upset with not only losing the trophy but also all of my gear that will probably take 100's of hours to get back (black void belt, SU labrys, crafts & rare amu/rings etc).

As for death spiral it does go through sacred armour after testing it on TSW with my paladin vs the Crystal Ball in COV

Thank you for the advice and I will definetley take it on board for future attempts :D
evil_potato
Mangler
458 | 51
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
well that's rough m8. i lost zayl's temptation on my sin earlier this ladder making the same mistake in fauzt. i knew better but tried it anyway :D now you know! also, barb is best ureh runner so getting that trophy again won't take too long :D
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Well to be fair your items didn't bug out, and losing everything was your own fault.

When you save & exit, the game returns your last body with items on it (or was it more expensive?). It's basic d2 stuff. It's also one the of reasons why playing without nopickup is not so smart :)
EggyMedian
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cowking wrote:Well to be fair your items didn't bug out, and losing everything was your own fault.

When you save & exit, the game returns your last body with items on it (or was it more expensive?). It's basic d2 stuff. It's also one the of reasons why playing without nopickup is not so smart :)

Yeah, it's 100% my fault for not being at all aware about a malicious and unintentional problem about how death mechanics work in d2, silly me!

Defo not a bug so needn't to worry!
EggyMedian
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
evil_potato wrote:well that's rough m8. i lost zayl's temptation on my sin earlier this ladder making the same mistake in fauzt. i knew better but tried it anyway :D now you know! also, barb is best ureh runner so getting that trophy again won't take too long :D

Funnily enough the same thing happened to me 2 ladders ago where I had just begun my journey!

Fortunately though I only had crafts/crappy SU's that were lost, but I do remember one thing is that I was on the verge of tears/quitting :oops:

About a year running fine and it comes back to trick me out again. :facepalm:
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
@cowking: lol XD

I'm sorry that that happened, but it's your fault, live with it

it's even worse since you already knew about it and still lost your gear, hopefully next time you'll learn from your mistake :)
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
UncleGrimjerk
Monkey King
268 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
EggyMedian wrote:
cowking wrote:Well to be fair your items didn't bug out, and losing everything was your own fault.

Yeah, it's 100% my fault for not being at all aware about a malicious and unintentional problem about how death mechanics work in d2, silly me!

Defo not a bug so needn't to worry!

So ignorance is justification for snarkiness? Dry your eyes, pumpkin, then get back to grinding.