New Player Guide (1.2+) v1.05

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Kinterix
Imp
5 | 0
The holy caster link under paladin sends you to the "SHURIKENSIN - How to be a Hokage" guide
Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Very good guide :)
In the leveling progresson part i would add collect monster tokens on terror and destruction , with the location of each boss pack.
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Kinterix wrote:The holy caster link under paladin sends you to the "SHURIKENSIN - How to be a Hokage" guide

Fixed, I think that happened because I was adding in both guides at the same time, so a slight layer of confusion lmao. Thanks for pointing it out :)

Kylrath wrote:Very good guide :)
In the leveling progresson part i would add collect monster tokens on terror and destruction , with the location of each boss pack.

Added :) thank you for your suggestion.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
For the armor rune words - the base defense value gets rolled too. A bad roll with 35%ed has less defense than a good roll with 11%.
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Nitz wrote:For the armor rune words - the base defense value gets rolled too. A bad roll with 35%ed has less defense than a good roll with 11%.

I added it :D thank you for the suggestion. It might not be formatted correctly because I am on mobile but i will fix it if necessary in a few hours.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Definitely helpful for those new to the game. Cookie'd
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
ScarletEdge wrote:Definitely helpful for those new to the game. Cookie'd

Thanks :D I saw a lot of people this ladder saying they were new to Median or haven't played in a few years so I tried to find some kind of new players guide but the only ones were outdated so I threw this together. Rishab even gave me a Cain link on the Discord :)
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Here you got some missing infos which I found problematic or confusing for newcomers I was talking with.

---

Socketing items section should be more complex because there are some exceptions:

Larzuk adding sockets with quest

Rare items get only 1 socket with Larzuk quest.
Magic items get 1-2 sockets with Larzuk quest.

Sacred white or Sacred ethereal grey items always get maximum sockets for its type with Larzuk quest.
Tiered white or Tiered ethereal grey items always get maximum sockets depending on its Tier with Larzuk quest.

Cubing sockets with jewels

Sacred rare/magic/white items can get X sockets by cubing with X jewels always up to its maximum depending on item type.
Tiered rare/magic/white items can get X sockets by cubing with X jewels only up to allowed sockets number by its Tier.

Maximum sockets at creation/roll

Sacred Uniques and Sacred Crafted/Honorific always get maximum sockets at creation/roll.
Tiered Uniques/Tiered Honorifics always get maximum sockets depending on its Tier at creation/roll.

---

Section with using Oil of Disjunction should include information about doing it with Runewords and in that case base item loosing added Mystic Orbs bonuses, but at same time keeping Oil of Luck bonuses.

Cant confirm yet if Oil of Conjuration bonus will be not touched after using Oil of Disjunction with Runewords but it probably share same mechanic as Oil of Luck.

► Oil of Conjuration

You can also mention Oil of Conjuration in Crafting section.

---

Section with differences between vanilla and median should include info about that throwable weapons in median are able to have sockets.

---

Thats all for now.
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Unda wrote:Here you got some missing infos which I found problematic or confusing for newcomers I was talking with.

---

Socketing items section should be more complex because there are some exceptions:

Larzuk adding sockets with quest

Rare items get only 1 socket with Larzuk quest.
Magic items get 1-2 sockets with Larzuk quest.

Sacred white or Sacred ethereal grey items always get maximum sockets for its type with Larzuk quest.
Tiered white or Tiered ethereal grey items always get maximum sockets depending on its Tier with Larzuk quest.

Cubing sockets with jewels

Sacred rare/magic/white items can get X sockets by cubing with X jewels always up to its maximum depending on item type.
Tiered rare/magic/white items can get X sockets by cubing with X jewels only up to allowed sockets number by its Tier.

Maximum sockets at creation/roll

Sacred Uniques and Sacred Crafted/Honorific always get maximum sockets at creation/roll.
Tiered Uniques/Tiered Honorifics always get maximum sockets depending on its Tier at creation/roll.

---

Section with using Oil of Disjunction should include information about doing it with Runewords and in that case base item loosing added Mystic Orbs bonuses, but at same time keeping Oil of Luck bonuses.

Cant confirm yet if Oil of Conjuration bonus will be not touched after using Oil of Disjunction with Runewords but it probably share same mechanic as Oil of Luck.

► Oil of Conjuration

You can also mention Oil of Conjuration in Crafting section.

---

Section with differences between vanilla and median should include info about that throwable weapons in median are able to have sockets.

---

Thats all for now.

I found all of your suggestions very much worth adding, thank you :) also thank you for getting honest feedback from new players, as they are the target audience for this guide. All suggestions added and I put you in the credits for the amount of contributions you gave. Thanks again.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
This is not the first time when I hear that people Disenchanting regular Unique rings/amus/quivers/jewels they found with Catalyst of Disenchantment as not see them any useful, so it could be also recommended to add such info to Tips that they can make Signets of Learning out of it. Just checked and was surprised that Catalyst of Learning doesnt include that information in its description and its not listed under Cube Recipes in Documentation that you can make Signets of Learning out of regular Unique rings/amus/quivers/jewels. This came to my mind when today level 120 player in TSW lobby was surprised when I told him that he can make signets that way.

Its good you refreshed that type of guide and updating it.