Median XL & Diablo 1

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
Any plans for borrowing content from D1?

I don't know if that is already done, and would it cause any legal issues. Alternatively, there's quite many old D1 mods with art assets made by people who have moved on. Let's say some old modder would give the permission to use their work, would you consider using it in Median XL?

In the best case scenario that could be quite efficient way to add new content, and I don't think it would hurt to see some D1 references.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2339 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
It already uses some d1 assets.

For instance, necro's morph uses the Lachdanan's Black Knight's model.
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
Oh yea, I remember that one! Loved it. Can't recall any other D1 stuff being used though.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2339 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Off the top of my head i remember d1's Gothic Shield artwork, its used for Yshari set shield, and one of the rings also from Yshari set has The Bleeder's artwork as well. There's bound to be one or another more examples but yeah those are the only ones i can think of right now.

Honorable mention to Butcher as well.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
There was thread on that forum long time ago with stuff might interest you, let me look for it.

There it is Diablo 1 Replacements for Stock items [PLUGIN].

Playing now Diablo 1 with Belzebub mod and Soulstone gem droped from Prince Albrecht's Remains after killing Diablo in final fight got graphic same as former Level Challenge 0 charm Harkon Crystal (challenge removed from Median).
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
I think most of the unused D1 items, and a few from the beta are totally worth recycling.

For example those masks, and the shield at the bottom right look pretty cool.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
ImageImageImage

There they are :D
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Originally graph for Harkon Crystal came from Valor quest and Bloodstone.

Just noticed on Belzebub that:

Six Angel Bag charm from Island of the Sunless Sea uberlevel is using Image same as Ancient Relic amulet.

Horazon's Focus charm from Creature of Flame uberlevel is using Image same as Bramble ring.