Halt Error

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
apk
Imp
5 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Good evening folks,

New here and I am extremely anxious to join my friends that just informed me of this mod. However, I am running into the " Halt Location : , line #1678 Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 6fd730d1"

It only happens when I try to join a game online, or create a game online. I can play single player fine and it runs perfectly. Has anyone seen this? I have reinstalled it already once.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Are you running on 1.14? Median XL is not supportive of Diablo 1.14 and will react unpredictably
apk
Imp
5 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
No i am running 1.13C with version XVI I can play single player fine it just will not allow me join anything online.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
apk wrote:No i am running 1.13C with version XVI I can play single player fine it just will not allow me join anything online.

Did u downgrade from 1.14 to 1.13c or was ur installation 1.13c always? Bcz if u downgraded then it wont work. U will have to install a lower version and then upgrade to 1.13c
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
apk
Imp
5 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I downloaded a 1.3C version off my torrent site I did not downgrade it.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This error code means version mismatch between your version and the one used by the server. Try re-downloading the patch, and make sure it's installed properly. Also since it's your first time running the mod, make sure it's actually installed (the GUI should change, bigger inventory, etc.) good luck.
apk
Imp
5 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I have redownloaded the patch and it goes into the D2 directory correct? In single player it looks like the normal game (i have not played this mod yet) however I do notice multiple pages inside my stash. So I am assuming that is what you were talking about regarding the bigger inventory? the gui looks the same though from old diablo. When I follow the steps on the 10 step installation guide it shows that the rar file for the mod downloaded in step 3 contains the patch. I extracted this into mods folder instead of the diablo 2 directory which I believe is where I had it before which could have been causing this issue. However after restarting the game after placing the new patch in the correct location I still receive the same error.

Edit: I have the patch_D2.mpq in the diablo 2 directory. As well as the Mods/median XL. Is it supposed to be in both?
apk
Imp
5 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Thank you Marco for your help. With what you were discussing I was able to figure it out. The first install I misplaced the patch, and it saved it still in the wrong location so even though I fixed it in the mods folder, even after deleting it it still wouldn't function. I had to completely delete everything, reinstall, and make sure i placed the patch in the right spot. Everything is working now. Thanks again
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Glad you sorted it out, have fun :)
PancakeXemnasXL
Skeleton
2 | 0
Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 6f859c30

Windows 10, version 1.13 (laptop with avast antivirus without launcher installed)