Any ETA on Shared Stash + Nopickup?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
I have to say, I agree with Trollkin and Dandy - demanding that multiplayers and single players play by the same rules shows a misunderstanding of why people play this game. Multiplayers concern themselves with economy and community in addition to gameplay, while single players only care about the gameplay. I don't play multiplayer, I hate having to throw loot away just because I don't have the ability to store it, and I don't understand why twinking is seen as such a bad thing. Ban it in multiplayer, sure, but why can I not be allowed to do it in my game? Nobody else is affected by the way that I play it, and there are no games that are only played the way the programmers intended.

This got rambly, but the infinite and shared stashes was one of the things that got me playing Diablo 2 again after several years. Not having an infinite stash I could live with, but as things stand it is too small to be enjoyable.
ChingeR
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just a quick question.

Is multiple storage tabs available in any other diablo 2 mod currently? Multiplayer. same version or a pretty new one
mango_vanille
Imp
4 | 0
Maybe one could implement the possibility of characters carrying multiple Horadrim-Cubes or something similar. The new cube has huge storage room, which is barely used.
Rambojimmy
Fallen
1 | 0
I would like to add to the conversation that in my opinion is it extremely hypocritical for a dev to say to solo players that "we want you to play this game this way" after you modded another great game to your taste. Blizzard wanted to play the game in a certain way. You disagreed, and modded the game. Let us mod your game in a way that will make our experience better - in this case, a lot more stash tabs - because this is the exact thought process that led you to make this awesome game. My comment is only regarding single player - i agree that in case of multiplayer, you have the right to set the way the game should be played, because the overall feel of the playerbase is way more valuble than the feeling of one certain player. But in single player game, there are no other players, there is no meta, there is no balance. Just me. And if I want to hoard every freakin' item in the game, let it be my personal goal. Its kinda infuriating considering the fact that afaik, it would be very easy for you to implement this feature, considering IT WAS an option before.

Regardless of your following actions regarding this matter, thank you for developing this awesome game, time just disappears when i get to play!!
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
Getting really tired of being called a cheater, hoarder, twinker or outlier. I've never finished any version of Median, never once have I complained it was to hard, I know my limitations. So the 'goal' for me had to change; so I chose collecting sets as a measure of how far I've gotten before burn out. I rarely used any set unless I had found duplicate pieces, which added even more to play time. And sure there is a bit of OCD in me that wants to see items of the same type on there own page - jewels, gems, shrines, signets, apples etc. all got their own pages. And your right, 99% of the time I had more of each then I'd ever use - but that wasn't the point, the point was, I had fun/enjoyed the process of collecting these items, and had a certain sense of pride being able to look over what I had managed to do.

I do my best not to be negative, but the very fucking idea that someone is going to tell me what 'fun' is, really pisses me the fuck off.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
fixer_m wrote: But after 20 min of farming we are out of free space and have to take a break for gear management. (we are playing via TCP/IP)

Could you post a list of the types of items you're picking up to mule?
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
So my question to all of those that want whist to waste extra devtime on plugy v2 instead of actual useful features.
Why do you not just mule. How do you think MP SSF (Solo SelfFound) players play?
Seriosuly, what is this irrational fear of making mules.
You can twink
You can have unlimited stash
You can have your fabled UselessSetsThatIShouldDefinetlyBeSiggingMule1050
Vagabondage
Acid Prince
49 | 0
Why do you not just mule

Because there is an option not to mule. And because its 2019 year, technology is here.

How do you think MP SSF (Solo SelfFound) players play?

I guess they suffer with tones of mules? While we SP had this superb tool called Plugy.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Vagabondage wrote:
Why do you not just mule

Because there is an option not to mule. And because its 2019 year, technology is here.

How do you think MP SSF (Solo SelfFound) players play?

I guess they suffer with tones of mules? While we SP had this superb tool called Plugy.

Oh so its just laziness, this is the reason ppl want plugy. Got it.
SuperFly
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The bottom line in this argument is that the ability to store unlimited number of items namely PlugY has been taken away from SP players. Many people myself included think of this as a massive step backwards.
Deves have their own ideas and project them on others, nevermind an obvious MP bias which doesn't change the fact that mulling in SP is like going back to Stone Age of Vanilla D2.