Tips for Kabraxis fight as melee?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Ice[Fire]
Cultist
21 | 0
I'm playing an iron spiral/stormblast barb and I am pretty stuck on the kabraxis fight. One of the iron spiral guides mentions that Endless Loop belt makes the fight a lot easier (the slow %?) but I just found one and I'm still getting rekt. I was able to down him after like 25 minutes on my bowazon but this fight is giving me a lot of trouble, and he drops a really good charm. Any general tips or tips for melee?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ice[Fire] wrote:Any general tips or tips for melee?
fortress
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
this is hard for melee class when u reach the melee range he knockback u and cast whirlpool, its not impossible to kill it but take alot of time
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Orr wrote:this is hard for melee class when u reach the melee range he knockback u and cast whirlpool, its not impossible to kill it but take alot of time

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:fortress

This, basically it's a matter of practice and getting used to the positioning. As a barb I just run in circles around him careful to be close enough that he wont teleport on top of me and far enough that I'm not getting my face melted. As I'm running those circles I keep fortress up. As long as you have decent damage output (a good weapon) and maintain fortress uptime you'll keep his minions dead and then it's just a matter of patience.
megast4rk
Lava Lord
90 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
Orr wrote:this is hard for melee class when u reach the melee range he knockback u and cast whirlpool, its not impossible to kill it but take alot of time

You really should watch this. Made my day, but in the end: ain’t nobody got time for that ... xD
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
megast4rk wrote:
Bagboy_Brown wrote:

You really should watch this. Made my day, but in the end: ain’t nobody got time for that ... xD

As meme as it may be, that's the truth. I ran Duncraig 3 times yesterday with 305% MF and pulled out 9 TUs and they weren't even T4 (not that I even pick up TUs to begin with, that's just how far away from Sacred they were). This is exactly how I felt. -_-
Tardware
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
I usually run away and wait for him to teleport to me, then hit few times (1 or 2) then run away and repeat. It's a pretty boring strat but it always works. Don't get greedy and get at least the soft FHR cap. Done this both on barb and necro. Use stormblast instead of iron spiral. Also yes, fortress will help allot.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Pretty sure it's impossible with trap rat. 90% poison resist (500% total) doesn't matter. It just takes so fucking long to cast quill storm and if you use anything else the skeletons pile up. Can't use summons because he heals on them, eggs don't do anything, thornwall is single target & no amount of FHR is gonna help you (hard cap is over 700).
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
With good enough gear you can melee him, hit and run, need enough health to be able reliably survive his melee attack and heal afterwards.
With insane gear and good boss build he can be killed in few seconds.
youtube.com/ae1337