Documentation frustration.

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
DJPaxo
Stone Warrior
31 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Crash wrote:
DJPaxo wrote:So i can not be sure the items listed at the documentation is doing what it says it does.
Im forced to investigate every single item to know for sure theres no hidden nerfs to it.

What if i entounter an item that doesnt do what it says, and no one knows about it. i spend my time (8 hours) to farm for it and realize it really doesnt do what it does. Then again i would feel butt fucked and have wasted my time.

Of the thousands of players that play this game and are in the discord and browse forum, someone will know, if not, the devs will have an answer if it ever (rarely) needs to get to that point. best solution if you don't know is to ask.

How are you supposed to know that the items doesnt do what it says when you have never heard about the issue before, and blindly trust the documentation is doing what it says.
Why the hell would one think, "The documentation is not true, its bullshit and i have to ask someone before i blindly trust what it describes."

That makes no sense to me.
DJPaxo
Stone Warrior
31 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Pub wrote:OP is right.

Having to ask isnt good enough of a solution. More players will read the proc, say "dang thats a sweet buff to have as a proc" and get fucked over by the invisible duration nerf that only the devs or other experienced players will know about. Being punished by unlisted document changes that display things to be stronger than they appear is ... weird to say the least.

Couldn't agree more.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
DJPaxo wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
DJPaxo wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:If that already frustrates you, let me give you a little hint: never invest in buff duration.

Also, don‘t invest into summons because endgame is not meant for summoners.

Its not the point of my post.

What else is the point of your post other than revealing things you should've known before you put a lot of effort in? Forgetting that you can always use the non-kabraxis version to try out first? Posting a post about the exact same issue into 2 different topics before creating a whole new thread for no reason at all? (which some bad tongues would nearly call spamming)

My post is very much on point: revealing things you should've known before putting a lot of effort in.

My point with this post is that it cant be the true intention of those documentations that they does not do what it ways it does. if im forced to ask everytime i look at the docs and find something i think will get me stronger, why the hell is the docs there then. makes no sense.
sure thing u would know stuff like this if u payd alot of time to the mod, but not everyone does that. and not everyone remembers that the stuff is being nerfed secretly.

now tell me, how am i supposed to know that there is a hidden nerf to the item i want, when its not described anywhere, and havent had any clue that the devs would do such things.

Posting on to other threads because im sure i cant be the only looking into the docs, thinking "thats an item that would buff my build", only to find out it doesnt because of some bullshit hidden nerf, that isnt described anywhere, and your requirred to have playd the mod long enough to just know stuff like that. OR forced to ask everytime you want to upgrade your build, because now you cant be sure the item does what it says it does.

The more people that see's this, the more people are not going to farm endlessly for an item only to find out theres some hidden nerf to it. or at least now they know they have to make sure its working properly, either my consulting the forums or discord as you mention.
in my opinion, stuff like this should be pinned or described at the very beginning of the forums/docs.

Counter-Arguments against my part found: 0

Seriously, don‘t vent your anger on me. All I did was giving you hints for other mechanics that are wrong and can potentially waste a lot of your time, so you don‘t go through the same shit you just went through. If that‘s not appreciated that would pretty much go against all of your points in the last Post I quoted, since you want this knowledge to spread as was my intention from the very beginning.

Seriously, fuck it, I‘m out. I have 0 desire discussing with hypocrites that say I‘m wrong while at the same time saying the exact same thing I did.
DJPaxo
Stone Warrior
31 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
HechtHeftig wrote:
DJPaxo wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
DJPaxo wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:If that already frustrates you, let me give you a little hint: never invest in buff duration.

What else is the point of your post other than revealing things you should've known before you put a lot of effort in? Forgetting that you can always use the non-kabraxis version to try out first? Posting a post about the exact same issue into 2 different topics before creating a whole new thread for no reason at all? (which some bad tongues would nearly call spamming)

My post is very much on point: revealing things you should've known before putting a lot of effort in.

My point with this post is that it cant be the true intention of those documentations that they does not do what it says it does. if im forced to ask everytime i look at the docs and find something i think will get me stronger, why the hell is the docs there then. makes no sense.
sure thing u would know stuff like this if u payd alot of time to the mod, but not everyone does that. and not everyone remembers that the stuff is being nerfed secretly.

now tell me, how am i supposed to know that there is a hidden nerf to the item i want, when its not described anywhere, and havent had any clue that the devs would do such things.

Posting on to other threads because im sure i cant be the only looking into the docs, thinking "thats an item that would buff my build", only to find out it doesnt because of some bullshit hidden nerf, that isnt described anywhere, and your requirred to have playd the mod long enough to just know stuff like that. OR forced to ask everytime you want to upgrade your build, because now you cant be sure the item does what it says it does.

The more people that see's this, the more people are not going to farm endlessly for an item only to find out theres some hidden nerf to it. or at least now they know they have to make sure its working properly, either my consulting the forums or discord as you mention.
in my opinion, stuff like this should be pinned or described at the very beginning of the forums/docs.

Seriously, don‘t vent your anger on me. All I did was giving you hints for other mechanics that are wrong and can potentially waste a lot of your time, so you don‘t go through the same shit you just went through. If that‘s not appreciated that would pretty much go against all of your points in the last Post I quoted, since you want this knowledge to spread as was my intention from the very beginning.

Seriously, fuck it, I‘m out. I have 0 desire discussing with hypocrites that say I‘m wrong while at the same time saying the exact same thing I did.

Read my post.

Going personal wont get you far in discussions mate.
Edited by DJPaxo 5 years.
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Crash wrote:you can ask here. some skills like dragonheart/superbeast have very short duration as procs due to the overpowered nature of pre-buffing like that. it was changed way back in mxl ultimative, years ago because it was abused by most builds to get free defense/spell damage/whatever else depending on what prebuff you used.

if you're unsure about an item or proc, just ask in the short questions thread or the mxl discord chat.

Well, I've almost never posted before but I think OP is reasonable here and completely not deserving to be bashed so I shall voice an opinion :D I think your answer lacks logic: you assume that he should suspect and therefore check if there is any problem with the aforementioned proc. But if the item description says its Dragonheart, then why would he have any reason to suspect that it is not the same Dragonheart as normal Paladin skill and ask?
By your logic we should ask about anything, for example I hunt for +Ancient Hand item, then I should ask in the forum if the skill is really the real Ancient Hand? The truth is I have no reason to suspect its not and I don't expect that the effect will differ; like for example summon Veil King that will 1 shot me.
This is not a bash of devs or Sigma, all I say is that it would be just a little QoL tweak that could clarify the item situation a little.
DJPaxo
Stone Warrior
31 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
revolut1oN wrote:
Crash wrote:you can ask here. some skills like dragonheart/superbeast have very short duration as procs due to the overpowered nature of pre-buffing like that. it was changed way back in mxl ultimative, years ago because it was abused by most builds to get free defense/spell damage/whatever else depending on what prebuff you used.

if you're unsure about an item or proc, just ask in the short questions thread or the mxl discord chat.

Well, I've almost never posted before but I think OP is reasonable here and completely not deserving to be bashed so I shall voice an opinion :D I think your answer lacks logic: you assume that he should suspect and therefore check if there is any problem with the aforementioned proc. But if the item description says its Dragonheart, then why would he have any reason to suspect that it is not the same Dragonheart as normal Paladin skill and ask?
By your logic we should ask about anything, for example I hunt for +Ancient Hand item, then I should ask in the forum if the skill is really the real Ancient Hand? The truth is I have no reason to suspect its not and I don't expect that the effect will differ; like for example summon Veil King that will 1 shot me.
This is not a bash of devs or Sigma, all I say is that it would be just a little QoL tweak that could clarify the item situation a little.

Totally agree.
All im asking for is a small note on the description that says it doesnt do what it says it does.
would indeed clarify alot of things.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
DJPaxo wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
DJPaxo wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
DJPaxo wrote:

My point with this post is that it cant be the true intention of those documentations that they does not do what it ways it does. if im forced to ask everytime i look at the docs and find something i think will get me stronger, why the hell is the docs there then. makes no sense.

Read my post.

Going personal wont get you far in discussions mate.

You should start reading your own post first, then you‘ll notice your flaws.

I gave you hints for mechanics that are also not worth investing, so people can see this then you say that‘s not the point. Then you also say:

The more people that see's this, the more people are not going to farm endlessly for an item only to find out theres some hidden nerf to it. or at least now they know [...]

It‘s the exact same reasoning. What you summed up is the whole point of your post, so your 1st Post directed at me saying: „that‘s not the Point“ is completely wrong and you just admitted it with the post that followed.

So what’s the point of you continuing arguing? This whole 2nd post towards me is just a rant when we both agree in essence. I never said anything against your point. I fully agree that the duration should be displayed on the item. So your whole post is just completely pointless. What are you trying to do? You don‘t need to convince me because from the start I agreed to you, just that I didn‘t say it directly but instead supported you with further knowledge.

Either way, if you‘re so frustrated, go get a hobby. I heard playing drums or boxing can vent your anger really well. Then you don‘t have to attack random people who just want to help you anymore.
anatong123
Invader
9 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
DJPaxo wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
DJPaxo wrote:

Actually u shouldnt have said anything at the first place LoL Instead of listening and make this an issue to developer to fix at the documentation but u just gave a hint that makes something like "forget about it dude" So whats the point of wasting time answering this thread when it doesnt help anything?
supersage10
Azure Drake
164 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
anatong123 wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
DJPaxo wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
DJPaxo wrote:

Actually u shouldnt have said anything at the first place LoL Instead of listening and make this an issue to developer to fix at the documentation but u just gave a hint that makes something like "forget about it dude" So whats the point of wasting time answering this thread when it doesnt help anything?

Man you really are just dumb he gives advise and you try to shit on him how about you just stop being bad
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ouch the quote chains.

I wasn't trying to be aggressive in my response, just helpful.