MXL or any ARPG. PVP in the future?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
thd610
Banned
1 | 0
Hi all,
So i'm a newer player first season ever love the hell out this mod and the community. I learned today that PVP has been banned (at least for now) I searched the forums to make sure so i don't post some non-sense. Now if they bring back pvp I wish they would add game modes. I still to this day don't understand why most MMO's or hack n slash rpgs keep such a old school PVP system. It's shouldn't be about balance, balancing should be for encouraging people to use different builds season to season. 2020's PVP should be about handicaps, and gameplay. I will give 2 examples.

1. Portal takes players to battle map, each player starts at level 1 and unlocks all skill, locks all passives and buff skill. Player HP is tripled. no score just for fun.

2. Portal takes players to battle map, each player is level 150, no equipment on players, on the map random universal (any class can equip) gear drops. Gear up and battle other players.

This is a pipe dream but if your going to ban PVP and bring it back at a later point you might as well revamp the hell out it devs. It is mostly a dream that this kind PVP would exist in any arpg or mmo but one day maybe i'll develop it myself if the world keeps failing PVP.

Thanks
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
thd610 wrote:Hi all,
So i'm a newer player first season ever love the hell out this mod and the community. I learned today that PVP has been banned (at least for now) I searched the forums to make sure so i don't post some non-sense. Now if they bring back pvp I wish they would add game modes. I still to this day don't understand why most MMO's or hack n slash rpgs keep such a old school PVP system. It's shouldn't be about balance, balancing should be for encouraging people to use different builds season to season. 2020's PVP should be about handicaps, and gameplay. I will give 2 examples.

1. Portal takes players to battle map, each player starts at level 1 and unlocks all skill, locks all passives and buff skill. Player HP is tripled. no score just for fun.

2. Portal takes players to battle map, each player is level 150, no equipment on players, on the map random universal (any class can equip) gear drops. Gear up and battle other players.

This is a pipe dream but if your going to ban PVP and bring it back at a later point you might as well revamp the hell out it devs. It is mostly a dream that this kind PVP would exist in any arpg or mmo but one day maybe i'll develop it myself if the world keeps failing PVP.

Thanks

The PvP System is hardcoded all that the developers did is remove the button from the UI so that you cannot set hostility. You cannot make it so that PvP only works in some areas unless you can somehow reverse engineer all the corresponding functions and references etc...
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'd say the proper word for PVP is "postponed". It wasn't banned, just not re-implemented yet.
The goal is to re-add it together with some interesting features. However currently other engine features are more prioritary, such as multi-stash, so for now we'll have to wait.
TgTalcon
Pit Knight
108 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
As someone who has played a lot of median, mostly on older servers that aren't running anymore, I can definitely say pvp was extremely fun, but also no balanced at all to the point some builds were 1 shot off screening regardless of build/ tankiness. As for changing the whole pvp having chars start at lvl 1, I'm against this personally. I played years of pvp on regular d2, both open bnet and closed, legit and mock duels, and I can say, some of my most thrilling pvp fights were when I was undergeared and outplayed my opponents through pure skill.

I'd love if they can get a well balanced pvp system working, however I feel like with how low the damage is, vs how tanky some characters can get that we would have some builds literally immortal (my neutraldin from the current season with 50k hp and 17k/s hp regen is a prime example)

But I'd rather a well balanced and fun core game that keeps players playing before they focus into pvp more. Sigmas pretty new and there's plenty of issues with the core game, the dev team is small, so I'd rather them do stuff in steps of priority.

Just my 2 cents
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
Marco wrote:I'd say the proper word for PVP is "postponed". It wasn't banned, just not re-implemented yet.
The goal is to re-add it together with some interesting features. However currently other engine features are more prioritary, such as multi-stash, so for now we'll have to wait.

multi-stash sounds great :smile: