Discussion - Single player - Demonized, but better?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
you got an Azurewrath? that's incredible. The item is so rare nobody on server has it for a few ladders.
phantomyyz
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I am actually surprised to see so many SP players and support for SP play in this thread! Quite refreshing from the usual cesspool discussion and existing topics.

PlugY support would be awesome and I don't think enough SP players are voicing there opinions. I would imagine there are a lot more lurkers that play exclusively SP and even less SP patrons participating in the polls. Maybe some feedback from this thread will get back to the admins. I see plugY mentioned a lot, but most of the discussion around it seems to be more crying than constructive feedback.

That being said, some of the functions like a larger stash that was exclusive to PlugY in D2 is now baked into MXL which is nice. Unlimited and shared stash would be the primary thing i'd like to see integrated into SP, but it's probably easier said than done.

Crash wrote:Doesn't single player naturally have better drops to compensate

I didn't actually know this was a real thing (I thought it was one of the possibilities) but you're right! Whist has said that drop-rate is increased in SP to compensate:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29898&p=247988#p247988

Khamul wrote:you got an Azurewrath? that's incredible. The item is so rare nobody on server has it for a few ladders.

Yes! I feel like if more people played SP there would be more found. SSU's aren't even THAT rare in SP. I'll find one every run or two (having some MF and a proper farming spec is a big help!). I found Azure in Fautz while looking for Arkaine's Valor (which I still don't have 100 runs later, lol).

There are probably lots of people that found other SSSU's but couldn't be bothered sharing it because people would just assume it's hacked/duped, which was some of the motive behind me create this thread.
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yeah now that you mention it, I've seen a lot of abnormal drops in Single Player for other players however I believe this is a good thing. Playing by yourself without having trade besides others on SP is quite a hassle to get items so it's fair game since you cannot really find specific items.
otarU1921
Sasquatch
60 | 7
There is a Program similar to Plugy that allows you to store items in a near infinite stash. It's on the guides section ( Median XL Offline Tools )
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
I play SP because I have terrible net where I currently live (middle of nowhere, at the ass end of the world).
That's why I am back playing MXL, because my net is too unreliable to play other (online) games.

Cheating in SP is easy, but you only cheat yourself, so I don't.
I have used some techniques that save time, but that is all. I have never traded/duped charms, etc.

The goal is to make a character that can obtain all charms on it's own, to be honest cheating just makes the game less enjoyable.
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
phantomyyz wrote:
3) I rarely played in multiplayer games. Nobody chats, everyone runs in separate directions. You're pretty much playing a SP game with trading. Most of the builds are showcased on the forums and discord anyway, so why deal with all of this? I work long hours so I have pretty much 0 chance at being the first at anything in an ARPG.

This is actually funny thing. People love maximizing their own income. Full mf -> join some game -> go alone :D To make players play together, party must be more efficient way of playing than solo( or at least must be competitive).
It would be funny to see some group dungeons/rifts that can't be completed solo ( I think engine gives enough possibilities to make sth like that) but it will make SP sad.
If PVP was a thing in median, there would be some defense against your point but ... well ... xd
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
One thing I don’t like about realm play is the fact that it uses TG. I’ll explain my point before getting flamed on a BBQ.

As I said earlier, I’m a casusl player. 3 seasons ago I found a 5% Empyrean Band I didn’t need. Cool, guess I could trade that for a Taha rune which I needed.

Couple of people interested, but all the answers were the same: How much TG you want. Up to this point I didn’t have to deal with this currency. All I wanted was a simple trade, but no. I didn’t want to get involved into the TG market and everything related to it, I just wanted to trade that ring and that’s it. I don’t spend enough time playing to bother learning about this when I might not be playing for weeks after that night. Also prices tends to change within a season, so there is matter to get lost or spend a lot of time getting through players offers/demand list to find the best deal. Some may enjoy this, I personally don’t.

Of course I understand that regular playerbase NEEDS a currency just like the high runes in the vanilla game. I just don’t like the fact that it is basically forced on you if you wish to trade something.

On the other hand, in singleplayer you have the item or you don’t. I spend some time farming and hoping for a good item. And then I come across something nice for another class. So I start a character fitting my findings and I keep on finding more. This cycle repeats and I forget what I was farming in the first place. But hey, that’s my gig.
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
While there's nothing wrong with wanting TG as a mode of currency, I find it takes away a lot of meaning from a fresh ladder reset. Is there a point to a fresh economy when people with tons of TG will buy up rare items as soon as they go up on sale?
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I've suggested that charms should not be usable until the player obtains at least one kill on the account. This RELATIVELY solves brainlessly buying charms but opens up the possibility of account sharing to obtain a kill to use the charm. They could implement a rule that says its not allowed to account share for a kill and its bannable but that really won't solve anything. In fact it might just make the game more toxic and susceptible to Real Money Trading. It's just a myriad of problems when you try to stop charm trading.

This is actually not allowed in RuneScape for the Inferno minigame but even so people found ways to trick the system (teamviewer, go to the persons house literally). Toxic. its just TOXIC what scary possibilities open up when u limit charm trading.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I agree with most of what you said. People dont like talking about singleplayer or the players associated with them.I played singleplayer for 2 years and switched to multiplayer the last season before sigma. It was way more fun to me. The feeling of trading the item you need and getting that powerup makes me feel much better. While in sp since there is no target farm you just spend months trying to find that one item.

Also multiplayer allows me to join a 8 man game and get exp way quickler which is cancer to grind nowadays.

Another thing about multiplayer is that creating a new char in sp is just so bad right now. In mp you can create a char at the start of the season, play it and do all ubers and than switch to other char with twinked gear, which makes your leveling much easier. And you already have some of the end game items for that build so that you can make it work right away. But in singleplayer there is no item transfer. If you create a new char you will start from nothing. All charms/trophies/sigs/items are needed to grind them once again.

Also doing labs with other players was pretty fun to me, and i think you can get the "multiplayer experience" there.