Why can't I play with the rest of you?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
countslackula
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
[redacted]
my build doesn't work and i'm a crybaby. i apologize, and will refrain from posting on the forums while drunk.
Edited by countslackula 4 years.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Asking balance in a MMORPG game...

First time play Diablo 2 or what? Each char has different strength and weakness which is good for this content but sucks for others. There are ofc meta builds and it's changed every ladder (except Trap rat is damn strong since years). We still enjoy that. If you dont want to waste time to play shit build then ask the community before making new char.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Balance team of 1.5 people.
Balance team on AAA games? More than 1.5 people. AAA games still can't get balance right.
Not to mention this is a free game, not the devs full time job. You can do a better job? Go do it yourself, be quiet, or get your entitled ass the fuck out of here.
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
just nerf the rat already :) all others builds are kinda balanced somehow... but the rat sure need a big nerf as it's powerful and brainless to play (even if moving in that ugly form is a nerf by itself lol)
Igneus
Prowler
19 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide

From my understanding Totemancer suffers from the same problems Holy Caster does, but it has less of the perks its Paladin counterpart gets.
piezo
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Phys res of 61%

4head
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I kinda agree with op, but he could express it in a more civilized manner. Yea, I totally understand you op, it's extremely frustrating to invest a shitton into a build just to find out your build doesn't perform even at least as half as good as a magic missile amazon or whatever.

Pinball wrote:Each char has different strength and weakness which is good for this content but sucks for others.

Come on dude. This game is still based around an economy and high tier rifts are wayyyyyyy to profitable to the point that you become rich within a few days if you can farm phoboss. It's not like your build can't run X uberquest and you just buy the charm for a very small price. It's that your build can either make you super rich or not.

I take consolation in the fact that the game is still fun even without being maxed out and being able to run lab. But more importantly that you can improve significantly next league now that you know what's meta. So it's a matter of choice. Either play meta, run lab and get rich so you can fund your other builds to a point they're so fat that they can run lab themselves or be happy with your build and what it can run.

Personally, I think I'll challenge myself next league and make the same build to try to push lab, even though it's not the best for it.
Melatonina
Banned
108 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Inno86 wrote:just nerf the rat already :) all others builds are kinda balanced somehow... but the rat sure need a big nerf as it's powerful and brainless to play (even if moving in that ugly form is a nerf by itself lol)

Disagree, I'm stuck at doing endless of T10 rifts before anything. Yeah, i'm missing undead crown to do better, probably, but its far from the best build.

Massive dedication on a single char + skills can make you very strong. Its not the char itself, its the player more likely.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Pinball wrote:Asking balance in a MMORPG game...

ARPG.

Nothing MM about Median/Diablo/PoE/etc.
Melatonina
Banned
108 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Knight_Saber wrote:
Pinball wrote:Asking balance in a MMORPG game...

ARPG.

Nothing MM about Median/Diablo/PoE/etc.

isn't an ARPG either .. lol