Why can't I play with the rest of you?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Melatonina wrote:
Knight_Saber wrote:
Pinball wrote:Asking balance in a MMORPG game...

ARPG.

Nothing MM about Median/Diablo/PoE/etc.

isn't an ARPG either .. lol

Doesn't have to not be. They need to get rid of purify mechanic and stuff like this. Actually make our gear mean something in certain fights.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
640 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Actually , there is a point, but there is not so much what could be done. It is a snowball effect - a good strong chars jumps into crowded games and clears duncraig fast and picks up uniques. This strong char was getting stronger, others at the game were left empty handed ( area cleared). Later uniques are sold for tg and this tg is used to buy even more expensive items ( for instance, a lonely UMO is rather useless for the lucky finder but is another building block for this particular strong char and he can afford it for tg ).

Also, at the start of ther season , fat wallets can buy and they do it - everything expensive what drops and practically buy to themselves strong and expensive chars. What happens next, you already know(the upper paragarph).

There is a reason, why im trying to plan a char for the (next) season - more dependent on crafts and from this season - also sets and (xis)runes than überrare uniques. You can always and its the best way - to farm parts of xis runes at solo games.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Celestialray wrote:Doesn't have to not be. They need to get rid of purify mechanic and stuff like this. Actually make our gear mean something in certain fights.

And what exactly is wrong with purify, can you elaborate? Are you just another one who's willing to jump on the hate train for no particular reason just because it's a meta to bitch about this skill nowadays? It was arguably bad a while ago only because it was overused, so what's the matter with it now? Maybe you want to twink the shit out of your character and power though any boss if you farmbuy enough gear without showing any rudiments of intelligence, if that so then maybe you should try a different game.

If your gear doesn't matter at all in these fights you could show us how to deal with Laz or Atanna Khan naked and without any charms (except for the Assur's Bane/Neutrality Pact obviously). I'm quite sure there is a plenty of people who would watch it. Let's assume that your are not wrong, then why are you so unsatisfied with Samael boss fight and higher levels of Dimensional Lab, there is no purify mechanics there and your gear matters a lot. Here is some quotes with your own experience:

Celestialray wrote:Yea, I think samael is a great blueprint for a boss fight ruined by too much gearcheck. I don't mind gazillions of mechanics to be honest, but I don't want to take damage 'by default' just because.

Celestialray wrote:Maybe it's just my opinion, but the higher tiers of lab seem extremely overtuned. Like, have perfect gear of get one shot overtuned. I barely got through a t8 and I can't fathom my character will ever do a t15, considering you need 100% additional resistances, a shitton of max res and on top of that, enough damage to not get absolutely swarmed (also, 70% movement speed on monsters).

In case you still don't get it, it's quite simple as that: 2 people can't balance ~1k skills (including oskills) to make it fair and square for every character and every build, purify mechanics is just a lesser of two evils, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. And if you still disagree, let's hope that every purify boss would get the same treatment as Samael, it would be so much fun if you decide to play non meta and non optimal build for sure.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
SwineFlu wrote:
Celestialray wrote:Doesn't have to not be. They need to get rid of purify mechanic and stuff like this. Actually make our gear mean something in certain fights.

And what exactly is wrong with purify, can you elaborate? Are you just another one who's willing to jump on the hate train for no particular reason just because it's a meta to bitch about this skill nowadays? It was arguably bad a while ago only because it was overused, so what's the matter with it now? Maybe you want to twink the shit out of your character and power though any boss if you farmbuy enough gear without showing any rudiments of intelligence, if that so then maybe you should try a different game.

If your gear doesn't matter at all in these fights you could show us how to deal with Laz or Atanna Khan naked and without any charms (except for the Assur's Bane/Neutrality Pact obviously). I'm quite sure there is a plenty of people who would watch it. Let's assume that your are not wrong, then why are you so unsatisfied with Samael boss fight and higher levels of Dimensional Lab, there is no purify mechanics there and your gear matters a lot. Here is some quotes with your own experience:

Celestialray wrote:Yea, I think samael is a great blueprint for a boss fight ruined by too much gearcheck. I don't mind gazillions of mechanics to be honest, but I don't want to take damage 'by default' just because.

Celestialray wrote:Maybe it's just my opinion, but the higher tiers of lab seem extremely overtuned. Like, have perfect gear of get one shot overtuned. I barely got through a t8 and I can't fathom my character will ever do a t15, considering you need 100% additional resistances, a shitton of max res and on top of that, enough damage to not get absolutely swarmed (also, 70% movement speed on monsters).

In case you still don't get it, it's quite simple as that: 2 people can't balance ~1k skills (including oskills) to make it fair and square for every character and every build, purify mechanics is just a lesser of two evils, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. And if you still disagree, let's hope that every purify boss would get the same treatment as Samael, it would be so much fun if you decide to play non meta and non optimal build for sure.

You're talking to an ex professional dota 2 player and someone who can complete path of exile's whole endgame 1 week into a new league. I'm pretty sure my intelligence is in a good place, gaming related.

It's funny how you mention atanna khan, which is in particular a very badly designed boss because it is not only a purify fight, but also an ehp check and nothing more (need to survive his pounce and then have some buffer hp). I needed to respec all my points into vitality to be able to kill her.

It's simple why I'm not satisfied, but now less than before. My stance on samael still remains, taking damage by default is the most extreme gear check there is and it shouldn't exist. For example, make the whole arena pulse with damage occasionally BUT a certain location which is chosen at random. Make it counter playable, not counter gearable. As for lab, I'm still grinding through it, but I still believe the last 1-2 tiers need to be tuned down slightly.

As for purify, it isn't entirely bad. I might have exaggerated, but dealing damage to a boss solely with purify basically renders our gear progression, damage wise, meaningless. A good fight (some small problems aside) is the spirit world boss which requires purify, but only for a specific aspect of the fight. You can still damage the boss normally and there's also purify usage. I believe that's the best place for purify in a fight, as a necessary utility, but not 100% of your damage.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Celestialray wrote:You're talking to an ex professional dota 2 player and someone who can complete path of exile's whole endgame 1 week into a new league. I'm pretty sure my intelligence is in a good place, gaming related.

OH NO NO NO

Melatonina
Banned
108 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Ex professional dota 2 player. ^^^
Not sure if stupid or just butthurt..anyways games suck ty

SwineFlu wrote:

I think you are the one who dont understand that diablo 2, and all mods based on it, is a HACK N SLASH, it is NOT a RPG.

Purify just does NOT fit the spirit of diablo games, it may does in BG with a CLERIC class.

Have you ever seen a CLERIC in diablo 2 ?

Also, purify fights are BORING, this has nothing to do with tears of nerds who couldnt OS Samael with their half broken hard time invested chars.

I love how you think being good at video games requires IQ of 140+ when for the most part it just requires you to have no life.
If you think median is something else than gear farming and gear check to beat most ubers and labs then you are mistaken.

Ex labs needs 90 resists, its a gear check, yeah. And whats the problem with that ? None.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Melatonina wrote:Ex professional dota 2 player. ^^^

SwineFlu wrote:

I think you are the one who dont understand that diablo 2, and all mods based on it, is a HACK N SLASH, it is NOT a RPG.

Purify just does NOT fit the spirit of diablo games, it may does in BG with a CLERIC class.

Also, purify fights are BORING, this has nothing to do with tears of nerds who couldnt OS Samael with their half broken hard time invested chars.

I love how you think being good at video games requires IQ of 140+ when for the most part it just requires you to have no life.
If you think median is something else than gear farming and gear check to beat most ubers and labs then you are mistaken.

Ex labs needs 90 resists, its a gear check, yeah. And whats the problem with that ? None.

In 1996 Blizzard's Diablo was released and became massively successful. It was an action RPG that used a point-and-click interface and offered gamers a free online service to play with others that maintained the same rules and gameplay.[57]:43

Diablo's effect on the market was significant, inspiring many imitators. Its impact was such that the term "action RPG" has come to be more commonly used for Diablo-style games rather than Zelda-style games, with The Legend of Zelda itself recategorized as an action-adventure.

"Diablo is not an RPG hurr durr look at me" - Pepeg

Purify is crappy but only reasonable mechanic to make some fights balanced. Example being Uldyssian.
Melatonina
Banned
108 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Glamdring26 wrote:
Melatonina wrote:Ex professional dota 2 player. ^^^

SwineFlu wrote:

In 1996 Blizzard's Diablo was released and became massively successful. It was an action RPG that used a point-and-click interface and offered gamers a free online service to play with others that maintained the same rules and gameplay.[57]:43

Diablo's effect on the market was significant, inspiring many imitators. Its impact was such that the term "action RPG" has come to be more commonly used for Diablo-style games rather than Zelda-style games, with The Legend of Zelda itself recategorized as an action-adventure.

"Diablo is not an RPG hurr durr look at me" - Pepeg

Purify is crappy but only reasonable mechanic to make some fights balanced. Example being Uldyssian.

bro do u even know or played any ARPG ? Name one

Purify passive fights aren't funny and dont belong there please dont get butthurt about facts bro
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Can you even read what i just quoted there?

"My opinions are facts, if you disagree you are butthurt" -Pepeg
Melatonina
Banned
108 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Glamdring26 wrote:Can you even read what i just quoted there?

"My opinions are facts, if you disagree you are butthurt" -Pepeg

It's not an opinion, yeah its facts and you just dont know what you're talking bout sonny.

"But my Scrubmagazine says its best ARPG of 96" -Kevin