Quality of life

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Not this again... :coolstorybob:
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Why play a game where there isn't any difficult?
Is there any kind of pleasure of being able to stomp a game with mindless gameplay?

Your 1st question remove all sense of "progression" in the game.

The 2nd one would be an option if charms were bound to a char. Since it doesn't make any sense for a good amount of reasons, I'd say this is a really, really terrible idea.

The 3rd question changes completely the game. It would make, for example, casters broken as hell (Imagine 80 hard points into Fire Wyrms, that's 40 wyrms total. That with a Fire Hydra downs it to 34 but since they shoot 2 fireballs it can be counted, dps wise, as at least 60 wyrms. Op as hell). Thinking about it I hope you can overlook that some changes may broke the game balance between skills, stats, itens.

The 4th is what they have been doing since the mod is born... Trying to balance skills, rework some of them. But keep in mind, they are not ours employees with game developing full time jobs. Also, they ask the community about changes.

The 5th, the free respec, has been discussed so many times. I have asome reason to be against it, but as an example I'll leave what I did with my Holy Caster against Samael. Even if I didn't manage to kill him (I'm a pleb kekw) the free respec would give you the option to chess some ubers without any downside. The bellas are OK for me and tbh pretty fair drop rate wise.

The 6th is just unacceptable. It is so pointless that I won't even arguee with you about it.

The 7th is debatable, but the point of farm a Trophy is to get your char more close to his max potential. It's not a part of the soft progression but part of the hard end game progression. It's the same interaction between lvl 140 and lvl 150. Last season I farmed all but laz and it wasn't 4h each. Also don't need all of them if you are playing one build in the season. I don't see why a caster build would go for a Uldy Trophy unless he's using the trophies set.

The last one is like the 6th. What's the huge deal to open 2 instances of Diablo to exchange your itens? Is that this hard? I just don't get it...

Well, that's my 2 cents on this matter. Back to new ladder waiting room.
syllab
Jungle Hunter
27 | 5
I could see some kind of point system for more casual players. For example, for every 3+X days you have been logged out, on your first uber / boss / quest kill you have X% bonus chance on the trophy / SU / SSU / SSSU / whatever the possible loot here is (only for 1 item ofc, not bonus chance to drop 20 things).

Not all of the ideas from OP are hot garbage really. I mean some are, especially if implemented exactly as he suggests them, but there is room for improvement on the QoL side of this game and at least he's giving an honest opinion. No need to call him a drunk for trying to improve the game even if they're not the most thought-out ideas.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
1-
The level requirements are there to streamline the endgame content because ubers are all over the place, so that you can successfully play it without having to constantly check documentation to see what area you're supposed to do next. Plus, entering vizjun at 100 and being one-shot doesn't really provide you with much information on when you are expected to have a shot at it, "death testing" quests is not clean nor interesting.

The argument of "this quest shouldn't be locked if I'm able to do it, freedom gud" doesn't make a lot of sense. If your act 3 character can clear act 5, you still have to go through act 4, and rarely have I ever heard act 1 characters should be allowed in hell just for the sake of freedom. This is an aRPG, and requirements to advance is one of the most basic and common concepts of the genre.

There are lots more reasons for this change, another one being that the best way to play the game is now to actually... play the game. Before it was very profitable to i.e. gear check / cheese the hardest quests first (such as Void on assassin) and then trade your way into or trivialize all content that precedes it. Playing the game backwards should never be the meta.

2-
Unlikely that you'll be killing Akarat at 104.

3-
Remove limitations so sorceresses max the defensive passives and every sorceress ever uses the same spell (whichever one is best at that point)? Sounds like an improvement.

4-
If you buff "the weakest skill in the game", another skill will become "the weakest". So asking for "there shouldn't be weak skills" is really absurd. Yes we do address and improve the builds that are the weakest but as mentioned before, another build will take the spot and it's a never-ending cycle. Not much that can be done beyond that.

5-
I don't understand how finding a SSU warrants for an instant respec to try it out. It may have been the case in early median versions, but now you'll rarely succeed from an impulsive respec. Unlike SU's which generally work outside the box, SSUs require specific setups to shine. Doing an in-out double respec just to see whatever shiny effect it has or only to see "will it oneshot all if i swap skills (altho my gear makes no sense for it)?!?" makes no justice to a good item and only wastes your time.

There's long discussions about respec in other topics (as with p much every single concern you posted) so you should look for those for a more in-depth explanation of the change. As with most sigma features, no changes will please everyone and some come with disadvantages, which we consider to be outweighted by the advantages. At the end of the day, respecs online are very accessible and free in SP.

6-
There already are. And generally speaking, farming bosses is already profitable enough. It's a three-in-one, you farm for a perfect charm for yourself, chance for a trophy, and you get a charm which you can now stash and sell.

7-
So because you don't like to hunt for trophies (even though they are clearly optional due to low stats as you mentioned), they should be removed for everyone, including the people who like them. Got it.

8-
What? You can already do this in SP using tcp/ip, or online using mules.
As far as why the system of transfering items via character isn't in place yet, maybe is because it's complex and takes time to implement, not because we want to put players through extra steps.
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
OP has just started playing and wants to catch up with long-time players right away. You'll get there buddy. By grinding.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
Not a whole lot we can actually do about that
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I don't care what other content could take precedence over this, I NEED to have MORE SPACE to store all my PERFECT GEMS and RUNES. I will stand for this NO LONGER, I demand that Median XL, or Mr. Marco, stop whatever he is doing AND GIVE ME PLUGY. This game is a SERVICE to it's customers and the bourgeoisie MUST bow to the will of the people!

WHAT SAY YOU?
slayer120
Stygian Watcher
43 | 7
make game harder
Amantalado
Vampiress
39 | 1
Pinball wrote:I don't care what other content could take precedence over this, I NEED to have MORE SPACE to store all my PERFECT GEMS and RUNES. I will stand for this NO LONGER, I demand that Median XL, or Mr. Marco, stop whatever he is doing AND GIVE ME PLUGY. This game is a SERVICE to it's customers and the bourgeoisie MUST bow to the will of the people!

WHAT SAY YOU?

I'd settle for being able to stack Gems with craft oil like you can do with shrines and crystals.
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
Amantalado wrote:
Pinball wrote:I don't care what other content could take precedence over this, I NEED to have MORE SPACE to store all my PERFECT GEMS and RUNES. I will stand for this NO LONGER, I demand that Median XL, or Mr. Marco, stop whatever he is doing AND GIVE ME PLUGY. This game is a SERVICE to it's customers and the bourgeoisie MUST bow to the will of the people!

WHAT SAY YOU?

I'd settle for being able to stack Gems with craft oil like you can do with shrines and crystals.

..with stacking and unstacking taking more time than doing 1 k3k run, which gives you 10 of each pg.

the quality of life in this mod is the best Diablo 2 has ever been.
But as in society theres a bigger gap in rich/advanced/adult players and poor/new/instant-gratutide-like players. Thats just how it goes in games with any progression.

Still dislike all the "too hard"-threads disguised as "elaborate ideas" on how to fix things that dont need fixing.