Quality of life

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
XII
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hello there!
Hello community!
Hello developers!

I’ve been playing Median for mb 4 or 5 years. But not nonstop. You know this casual gameplay when you enter forum see for new patch notes and then launch the game (auto update from the launcher is awesome) … Then you open SP and the MP look for your chars. Yep if you didn’t play for 6 months (mb less) your MP char is gone and decide to play new game…for the fun, glory and some epic drops :D
Playing few acts are pretty fun (in further I’ll count them from 1 to 15, 5 per difficulty level) are pretty fun. Especially when you didn’t play D2 for plenty amount of time. All your experience is cool. Mobs are dying like a lame creature under the titan feet, you get new levels, skills, items. So in my opinion the game are pretty fun for this period of time.
Then you enter hell difficulty and the game beginning to suck…frankly say the game beginning to suck a little bit earlier in the end of act 3 on normal difficulty when you should farm meph for 100 times to get 200 uniques to convert them to 40 arcane crystals for crafting suitable t4 equipment, and then you should MOed it for easy (sometimes challenging) gameplay on NM.
So, you are on Hell. But it is still a Midgame. You are on 102 +- few levels. And continue to play the same game as you played 20 years ago, and few days age when you were levelling through same areas. Your enthusiasm is expired. And “Oh shit here we go again” Blood raven, Tristram, Andariel, Radament etc. Some cool stuff is beginning to appear in your game. Dungeons. Rifts. But they are all have level requirements WTF? Even vanilla game didn’t have it. So, I MUST grind the game locations just to get access to new.
My suggestions for improving the quality of life

1. Delete level requirements for all quests, rifts and dungeons. What’s the point for that? You trying to show the median (not the mod name but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median ) difficulty of the area Or you trying to help us? But please don’t think that players are stupid. If you enter area and the instant die 3 times (hello old Duncraig from a1) you understand that the monsters are MUCH stronger then you now, and you should return later. Now when I see locked enter to the level determined areas is that I MUST spend my time for annoying grind to get access to new areas. THIS IS SUCK!
2. Delete all level requirements for the charms. IT comes right after 1st. If I kill the Accarat or Tal Rasha on 104 level I WANT MY REWARD NOW!
3. Delete skill tree limitations (like sorc 2 elements, ama devotion etc.). As you know every char in the game have limit amount of skills 137 on 126 level. With all charms giving you bonus to “Maximum skill level” it is 4 sMAX regular skills and 1 sMAX uber or reward skill. It means that the limitations are pointless. ALL endgame content can be made ONLY if you are focus on one spec of your class. For example, let’s take Necro. We can play totemancer -> focus on + elem damage/elem pierce/+skills. We can play malicemancer -> focus on + spellphys damage/+skills/FCR. We can play summoner -> focus on + summon lifedamageresists/+summons/-ememyresists or minus enemy phys def (depending which combo we are using jinn + abyss knight or rathma + blood skeletons. We can play crossbowmancer or meleemancer -> focus on weapon damage/AR/leech/procs. So, this class and any other have in game limitations in amount of skills, and amount of equipment and place for MOed on it. IF you want to play endgame content. The game obliges you to choose one of playstyle. Additional limitations are useless, and make game less attractive.
4. Delete shitty skills or rebalance them, or make powerful synergies to them, or make them to synergies another skill. I can’t imagine the build who should sMAX Pestilence, Graveyard, Iron Golem etc. Create the benefit from sMAxing skills. If you lack of ideas, I’m sure that almost everyone on forum can suggest smth useful. I understand current position that there is some skills 1pointers but individual benefit for EVERY skill will make the game more flexible.
5. Allow free respec. Akara. Don’t be mercantile bitch. Just let me opportunity to change my build if I got some cool SSU drop. Pls I don’t want to GRIND 2 Belladonna’s to 1st respec to my new “as I think cool idea build” and the 2nd “if that build SUCK”.
6. Make some guarantee drops of SET, SU items. Make it for the bosses in the Rifts and Dungeons, mb Diablo + Baal on Hell. Give a little motivation and pleasure if it is a good drop for 30 time killing Quov Tsin looking for the second piece of trophy.
7. Trophy’s. MEH. Grind. Grind. Grind. Fuck that mechanics. I can really envy the people who can spend 4 hours or even more for same process for + 5 % to something. Lol. The real stuff comes when you understand what you MUST do to take guarantee REWARD. Best example here is bonus quest during Judgement Day. I’m sure that game mechanics allow to make this kind of quests. For example, finish Kingdom of shadow with only weapon no over equipment allowed, or kill Uldy with Edyremdeathblow. Again, if you lack of ideas community can help. Just get that GRIND ARE SUCK!
8. Allow some free change equipment between chars on one account. 5 in month, mb more, mb less. I think that the 5 is OK. I’m playing Sorc and find cool eth scept for Ama I want to try amastormplaystile but there is no option to transfer the equipment. So I even don’t begin new game. And the game lost one more player.

BTW, you made a great job for complete reworking of classical game!
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This is how the MOD used to be before sigma and was too easy would finish the game in 2 days, there's no point to continue this thread we already been there and it was shit..
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
How would these be QoL improvements?

Removing the "grind" from an arpg just turns it into a two day game and done, that is how is used to be. I'd never last for even a week in seasons because there was no grind. Powerlevel to 120, grab all charms, then be like, whats the point?

You can make the argument that adding level restrictions/grind is somewhat forcing ladder seasons to remain active, and whether or not that was the Devs intentions, it has been a side effect and good for community growth as a whole.

You talk about balancing skills but don't even attempt to acknowledge that maximum level limits on skills are a way to balance them.

Guaranteed drops in an ARPG are not great if they are good. Things that can help you along are good, but mid to endgame gear being a guaranteed drop? Miss me with that shit, go play Diablo 3 if you want your set.

Your last point is literally just xfering which if you don't know how to do, is just a weird thing to think about. Just go download pre-sigma versions and nearly everything you want is there.

You argue that level requirements on areas shouldn't be in the game because it wasn't in vanilla, but aren't changes to vanilla the entire point of modding?

I mean, was this a drunk post or did you even think it out?
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
asking an ARPG to not have grinding it's like asking a soccer game to remove the soccer ball
sincrowly
Core Lord
366 | 14
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
XII wrote:My suggestions for improving the quality of life

1. Delete level requirements for all quests, rifts and dungeons. What’s the point for that? You trying to show the median (not the mod name but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median ) difficulty of the area Or you trying to help us? But please don’t think that players are stupid. If you enter area and the instant die 3 times (hello old Duncraig from a1) you understand that the monsters are MUCH stronger then you now, and you should return later. Now when I see locked enter to the level determined areas is that I MUST spend my time for annoying grind to get access to new areas. THIS IS SUCK!
2. Delete all level requirements for the charms. IT comes right after 1st. If I kill the Accarat or Tal Rasha on 104 level I WANT MY REWARD NOW!

it was really nostalgic since before uberlevels doesnt have level requirements like anyone could go, seeing noobs entering on it and getting wreck was a bit entertaining back then. Charms that a lvl 1char could use lols thats sick :evil:
can't really thing of answer on other points. guy was missing some thing in game :calm:
kris441
Gravedigger
194 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I can agree only with point "5. Allow free respec " , that was something i have hope to see this season and not only i ,also a lot of players i've talked with.
The rest doesn't really make sense to me.Also Marco and Theam have made great job this season with the necromancer reworking the casting tree!So the are really working in this direction to improve and reworke the skills that are not usable at the moment.
XII
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
morphed wrote:This is how the MOD used to be before sigma and was too easy would finish the game in 2 days, there's no point to continue this thread we already been there and it was shit..

You are very cool in this game that you can finish it in 2 days.
Go on twitch. Switch on Stream. I want to see how you will finished the game in 2 days. No sacrcasm.

morphed wrote:I mean, was this a drunk post

Weah, every opinion is different to yours is a drunk post. You got me...

morphed wrote:Charms that a lvl 1char could use lols thats sick

How can you got them? Trade?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I'm getting popcorn.
Nevermore
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
AD.1
Ppl will do non-sense taxi`s and don`t learn and enjoy the game.. You want do some harder, more rewarded dung/rift? Learn it. It`s not that hard now to lvl up character.

AD.2
This would be shittiest idea ever. What is the fun of running with every charm on lvl 1 ... ? I smell worst balance and in some meaning stupid cheating...
XII wrote:How can you got them? Trade?

Yes by trade or just getting from friend.

XII wrote:end of act 3 on normal difficulty when you should farm meph for 100 times to get 200 uniques to convert them to 40 arcane crystals for crafting suitable t4 equipment,

Nobody force You to farm meph.. Just push to act V to Nihlathak, he drops 3 uniq and stay there until you farm enough for upg Tiered at your lvl.

I don`t want be rude.. But You look`s like a person who hating and screaming on forums because some game don`t have instant max lvl, some game press You to play more than 10 min. to get some item etc. Everything must be easiest and laziest to get..

This is ARPG !! THIS IS GRIND
XII
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Nevermore wrote:This is ARPG !! THIS IS GRIND

wait ))
[img]
[/img]